Topic: Last Model dump thread.. Final work.  (Read 24765 times)

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
  • Life is as is worth only what you learn from it!
Last Model dump thread.. Final work.
« on: February 13, 2011, 12:54:34 am »
Here is my model dump thread . First off  a Discovery wip
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 10:35:49 pm by Kreeargh »
Time for life!

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
Re: 2001 far off Trek will come. Discovery is in a w.i.p.
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 01:06:45 am »
Nice!
Had to show my dad, he's a huge Arthur C Clarke fan.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
Re: 2001 far off Trek will come. Discovery is in a w.i.p.
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 09:59:43 pm »
The first update. Im not sure if i want to model in the doors the mesh is already at 2100 poly.
Anyone have any thoughts on the Station5 it is just under 4500 poly but does it look too "blocky" for SFC ?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 11:49:58 pm by Kreeargh »
Time for life!

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
No, it's fine.  :)

Keep in mind, if we don't have something in game (like Station 5), then getting something in game I think should be the priority.  And also, 4500 polies for the station, plus whatever for the ships at it.  Looks fine to me.  :D
..ooOOoo..totally useless information..ooOOoo..

Mare Imbrium Shipyards - http://mareimbrium.webhop.net

Don't bother checking out my website for the most recent updates, because I've
been too lazy to update it!  Check Battleclinic!

Offline EschelonOfJudgemnt

• Lt. Junior Grade
Looks great!

It'd be nice to see the pods and the Leoniv, if you are feeling ambitious.  Plus possibly the moon hoppers...

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
Looks great!

It'd be nice to see the pods and the Leoniv, if you are feeling ambitious.  Plus possibly the moon hoppers...
I did plan on makeing most of the 2001/2010 works , Discovery , StationV , Pan american shuttle and the pod from discovery for the first release. The second would be moon base, moon hopper/ vehicles and that moon lander pod ship thingy. Leoniv was for final model pack if I ever got that far but its been planed. I hope I can find 1/2 way decent pics for the Leoniv and the moon lander ship so far thats the only two i dont have any ref immages for.  I am thinking about makeing a "space shuttle Discovery" and rebuilding my old Iss model and releaseing it with the Leoniv to final the 2010 model pack but I dont know yet if I want to waist my time on 2 extra models .
Time for life!

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
No, it's fine.  :)

Keep in mind, if we don't have something in game (like Station 5), then getting something in game I think should be the priority.  And also, 4500 polies for the station, plus whatever for the ships at it.  Looks fine to me.  :D
The station design/idea is NOT already in sfc format? I swear Artra,Ghost or someone along those lines made one long ago.
Time for life!

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
Small Lil update the pod  , I think it can be done under 1k ?poly  this is what ive made so far :-\ anything less it would just be a box with arms.
Time for life!

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
No, it's fine.  :)  Keep in mind, if we don't have something in game (like Station 5), then getting something in game I think should be the priority.  And also, 4500 polies for the station, plus whatever for the ships at it.  Looks fine to me.  :D
The station design/idea is NOT already in sfc format? I swear Artra,Ghost or someone along those lines made one long ago.

Could be, what I was saying that (on the above italics) if we didn't already have one, we need one.  And even if we already have one, how common is it now?  Case in point, I worked on Hollis J Woods TOS Defiant way back when I started.. but chances are it's (the original) no longer around because admittedly it wasn't very good.  (My textures, his model was great).  But something that was better (some of my stuff in the Gen@War mod packs) and a lot better at that may still not be so common because of the factor of time.   And if people can't use it because the site isn't around or publicized anymore, then basically we have little to nothing.

So yes, we need your stuff.  Moar stuph!  ;)

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
I  am asking for some help with the texture map? my paint shop pro 8 can do polar corrd at best and this is what i get. I need someone with photoshop to circle up a map so its not all distorted like this?
also is  the Extra modeling worth the new over 5k poly count?
Time for life!

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
Ooooh polar coordinates don't they suck?

There is a secret to using it, though:
Suppose your final texture is going to be 1024x1024.
Make a new image that is at LEAST twice as big. Make your pattern on that and polar distort that. Then take the inner 1024x1024. It will probably be much better than what you are getting there.

Another alternative is to go entirely vector, which is something I REALLY suggest learning how to do.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
oh, another thing you can try.

again, let's assume that your texture is to be 1024x1024

Make a new image at 2048x6144 (huge, i know). Fill your pattern. Scale it to 2048x2048 using Bicubic Sharper (if you use 1 pixel wide lines, you might run into problems with Bicubic Sharper). Run a gaussian blur at 0.1 or 0.2, run Polar Coordinates, run the gaussian blur again, and take the inner 1024x1024.
Robinomicon

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
Ok i tryed 6 or 7 times on the resize it then crop but my psp crashes when i click on crop after the resize efforts. I dont see any bionic whats itsts in paint shop pro 8,   I see the other though on scale fix on resize, thanks FoaS i will remember this trick  :thumbsup: ,whats vector ?

I think i finish with something like this untill i get an upgrade or figure out its not a vista issue  :)
I got some more maping to do but its less than a day for a release.
Time for life!

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
http://sfc.battleclinic.com/docks/view.php?id=4859  Link to the 2001 station5  I tryed I hope its worthy i bet not :).
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 06:56:43 pm by Kreeargh »
Time for life!

Offline Terradyhne

• Lt.
    • Terradyhne-yards
I cant remove the thread but i can  remove ALL models by me. NOTE to all Im removeing all models by me from battleclinc get them before i remove them ASAP. They will Not ever be uploaded to the net agian i QUIT!

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat ?? only because you have problems with PSP8  under WinVista ??   :huh:

"there will be no better worlds with human presence as mankind tends to ignorance, intolerance and selfishness, despite they tell you about themselves"

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
I cant remove the thread but i can  remove ALL models by me. NOTE to all Im removeing all models by me from battleclinc get them before i remove them ASAP. They will Not ever be uploaded to the net agian i QUIT!

Why?  Man, you're talented and you're doing some better stuff than some right now.

If you're frustrated with textures, then just release stuff as you are and let people know that they're welcome to play with rextexturing.  I'm playing a bit with your station right now as a matter of fact, just looking for some good shots of what the base skin looks like.

Again man.. drop me a line here and I'll be happy to try and help you out with some ideas on texturing..  As a matter of fact, I'd still like pointers from you on doing meshing.  ;)

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
Re: My Last Model dump thread.. Look long im done for good.
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2011, 10:09:00 am »

Woah, what happened man?
Robinomicon

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2011, 07:08:42 pm »
Curious about that one myself?

What happened?
If you don't want to place it in a public forum, willing to talk with you by PM or other medium.
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

America-Not the land of the free anymore...
 Its the land of the freeloaders

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2011, 10:04:20 pm »
This is a Legal issue.  >:( Under investigation my lawyer asks me to say nothing more at this point.
Time for life!

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2011, 01:24:44 am »
This is a Legal issue.  >:( Under investigation my lawyer asks me to say nothing more at this point.

Sorry to here that, truly I am, if what you are doing is not for profit think you will be ok

And Yes if it under investagation you can not say anything as it will be used against you, trust me on that one. Also depending on the settlement yo9u may not be able to talk about it ever
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

America-Not the land of the free anymore...
 Its the land of the freeloaders

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.