Topic: So anyone still play?  (Read 81459 times)

Offline TAnimaL

• Lt.
    • Combat Logs from the Cold Depths of Space
Re: So anyone still play?
« Reply #220 on: January 29, 2014, 12:37:52 pm »
  I was a junior in high school when those things came out  ('69).

Man, and I thought I was old...

knightstorm must be trolling - it's obviously Shatner.

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #221 on: January 29, 2014, 01:11:22 pm »
If the question were who thinks he is more awesome it would be a toss up.  (I am going to forward the Hasselhof picture to my youngest sister, she used to be quite a fan of his).
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline TAnimaL

• Lt.
« Reply #222 on: January 29, 2014, 03:15:53 pm »
Now, that is one for the philosophers and may never be quantifiable....

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #223 on: January 29, 2014, 03:25:50 pm »
Now, that is one for the philosophers and may never be quantifiable....

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Bro ...  you just said a mouthful !!

(considering he is up against Shatner)
If you aim at nothing:  you WILL hit it every time !

Offline knightstorm

• His Imperial Highness, Norton II, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #224 on: January 29, 2014, 04:28:40 pm »
Hasselhoff bought the rights to Baywatch which had been cancelled after its first season, revived the show in syndication, and added slow motion footage of Pamela Anderson's bouncing fake tits, earning himself a fortune.  That has to get him awesomeness points.

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #225 on: January 29, 2014, 05:30:15 pm »
And Bill took a toupee to where no other has gone before  ....
 ;D

Is there a pattern of "fake" parts here?
 :o

Offline TAnimaL

• Lt.
« Reply #226 on: January 30, 2014, 11:17:03 am »
so if we combine those aspects it should be unbeatable... someone with fake boobs and hair....

(shudder)

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #227 on: January 30, 2014, 11:33:23 am »
so if we combine those aspects it should be unbeatable... someone with fake boobs and hair....

(shudder)

YIKES !!!

:o :o :o

.... [/stops to think a second ...  gets vivid picture ... ]

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #228 on: January 30, 2014, 11:34:14 am »
So if Donald Trump gets a boob job we've all had it?

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #229 on: January 30, 2014, 11:42:10 am »
So if Donald Trump gets a boob job we've all had it?

Now THAT would could present some real issues!  Let's face it I doubt Hasselhoff could handle the competition ...  and if he did Trump would "fire" him !

;D

Offline KAT Chuut-Ritt

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #230 on: February 12, 2014, 04:55:02 am »
Hory clap . . . .

I need to know, can Mighty Mouse beat up Superman?

I think we already know the answer to that as of the day that Soreyes blew up tools Hydran Heavy battle Cruiser with a Z-DF

Offline FVA_C_ Blade_ XC

• Forum Czar
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Yep,I did it.
« Reply #231 on: February 25, 2014, 07:48:50 am »
Chutt you deep striking bastard!
Lol t00l always did explode nicely...And the cries of cheese...
FVA_C_Blade_XC
XenoCorp Fleet Operations
www.xenocorp.net
ISC Race Moderator
Visioneer
S.S.Blade

See Wade,See Wade post like an arse,See Wade get banned.
Dont be a Wade!

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #232 on: February 26, 2014, 12:15:28 pm »
My biggest regret is not collecting more Hexx snuff-films.
Who'd thunk that Star-castling was the root of all evil . . .

Offline SBORanger

• Ensign
« Reply #233 on: April 27, 2014, 04:59:59 pm »
ROFLCOPTER Good to see the SFC community hasn't changed in the slightest. 12 pages of trolling and arguments about some of the most unimportant fluff. Yet I really struggled to find a definitive answer to the OP's question.

IS ANYBODY STILL PLAYING?

Let's see if we can get 2 pages of answers on topic lol, I know I'm asking the impossible but I thought I'd try.  :crazy2:

Offline TAnimaL

• Lt.
« Reply #234 on: April 27, 2014, 08:05:01 pm »
but it's so fun to get carried away!

To answer briefly - I still play, on gameranger. others have asked this ame question of late=
http://www.dynaverse.net/forum/index.php/topic,163393836.0.html

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #235 on: April 27, 2014, 08:42:11 pm »
No Star Trek show had a consistant on going storyline until DS9 began emulating B5. In the '60's, Lost in Space had an on going storyline, sidetracked quite a bit, but always returned to consistantly.

Must admit that I haven't watched more than scattered episodes since I was a kid.  Even then I don't think that I saw them sequentially so any ongoing storyline was either not noticed by me or forgotten (beyond the get to Alpha Centauri bit). 

I am now watching it sequentially.  Interestingly Alpha and Proxima Centauri are referred to as a Binary Star when it is in fact a Trinary with Beta Centauri.

I'm watching episode 8 now and Professor Robinson is using a very modern looking headset to operate the chariots loud speaker, very slim and trim in design.

They drifted away a lot more as the show went on, but the mission to get back home was about as cohesive as the mission to find Earth in the original BSG. It was there, but didn't factor into everything they did. A far as the headset mic, those or similar ones were invented for the space race (by Plantronics I believe?), so I'm not surprised they used what fancy new gadgets they could to make it look futuristic. IIRC the Proxima system was thought only to be a binary until not to long ago. Beta was known, but not as orbiting its brothers. Didn't the Hubble help with determining that?

I've watched most of the series sequentially now.  There was very little consistency.  Yes they were always trying to get to Alpha Centaurii.   The Enterprise always had exploration as their mission too (sometimes sidetracked but always there).  How did the robot from his "university" education have knowledge of intergalactic law when Earth had no contact with ETs?  Lots of little inconsistencies.  They even had all their weapons taken away from them at least once but they had them replaced without comment next time they needed them. 

By comparison B5 when Commander Ivanova had her leg injured had it carry on between episodes.  I think the repairs to B5 after the one battle were background in the next episode.  The alien machine to save her life wasn't just pulled out of the air it had a backstory of use in two other episodes (with June Lockhart being its first user).  Even Garibaldi losing his hair and going grey between seasons was explained. 
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #236 on: April 27, 2014, 09:01:23 pm »
Ivanova's injury was a necessary evil. Claudia Christian really did hurt herself badly enough to need crutches and they worked it into the show. B5 was a very cohesive show. JMS put things in the first season that didn't pay off until the fourth and fifth seasons.

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #237 on: April 27, 2014, 10:07:18 pm »
Other shows would have just written her out or showed her only sitting or standing.  They made it part of the continuity.   

Offline knightstorm

• His Imperial Highness, Norton II, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #238 on: April 28, 2014, 01:53:33 am »
Other shows would have just written her out or showed her only sitting or standing.  They made it part of the continuity.

When Siddig El Fadil knocked up Nana Visitor, DS9 had Keiko O'Brien's baby transferred to Major Kira. 

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #239 on: April 28, 2014, 02:19:28 am »
Following in Babylon 5s footsteps.