Topic: Woot! @ stargate fans  (Read 15696 times)

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
Re: Woot! @ stargate fans
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2014, 05:14:08 pm »

I like the new BSG it gave the series some depth instead of arrive on Earth in Flying Motorcycles.

The original BSG was fine for 13 yr. olds, and the new BSG was all too deep and realistic.  It not only presented a situation where utter desperation becomes utter hopelessness.  After watching an episode, the emotion sticks with you.  It is not logical to invite despair into your life.
I don't look at it that way I look at as hope.There are far more shows on about despair.What I was saying tho is that it is more in depth than the original sure it was fine.You just don't land on new Planet and go around flying motorcycles up the Pacific Coast Hwy.

@Tus the external threat on BSG Happened right at the start.

Tus was referring to SGU, not BSG.  How you can find how in the new BSG is completely beyond me.  Every episode ended up making me feel sick.  An example:

I can't remember her name, but she took her half-Cylon child to the airlock.  Just after she unlocked the outer door, a full Cyclon woman takes her child and clubs her.  As the mother recovers, she's still in the air-lock, and the Cylon is on the other side of the glass at the controls.  The mother looks the Cylon in the eye, just before the Cylon opens the outer door, flushing her into space.

The scene they're referring to was the murder of Callie Tyrol by I think her name was Tory.  Also, Callie's baby was not a hybrid.  It was later revealed that she was a slut who despite being married had gotten it on with hotdog.

Also, Boomer didn't have a baby.  The baby Hera was Athena's daughter.  The Colonial's worst enemy Laura Rosilin, faked the child's stillbirth, and gave her to someone else to raise.

That was different episode of Callie's and Boomer did have baby.

The original creator  is Glen A Larson not Moore.

I enjoyed DS9 out all of the TNG era Sisko is a lot like Kirk.When it comes to ST Atlantis it was a success when it came to the ratings.

The scene they were talking about was where Callie was thrown out of the airlock.

Larson created the original.  He had nothing to do with the re-imagined BSG.

Also, Boomer did not have a baby.  Boomer and Athena were the same model Cylon played by the same actress.  Athena married Karl "Helo" Agathon, and gave birth to Hera.  Boomer shot Adama, and was "killed" by Callie.
What is the name of the episode and iirc it was cylons who thru her out of an airlock?Glen A Larson was very much involved.Boomer did have baby rewatch it over again as I just did.

Offline knightstorm

• His Imperial Highness, Norton II, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2014, 09:35:37 pm »

I like the new BSG it gave the series some depth instead of arrive on Earth in Flying Motorcycles.

The original BSG was fine for 13 yr. olds, and the new BSG was all too deep and realistic.  It not only presented a situation where utter desperation becomes utter hopelessness.  After watching an episode, the emotion sticks with you.  It is not logical to invite despair into your life.
I don't look at it that way I look at as hope.There are far more shows on about despair.What I was saying tho is that it is more in depth than the original sure it was fine.You just don't land on new Planet and go around flying motorcycles up the Pacific Coast Hwy.

Tus was referring to SGU, not BSG.  How you can find how in the new BSG is completely beyond me.  Every episode ended up making me feel sick.  An example:

I can't remember her name, but she took her half-Cylon child to the airlock.  Just after she unlocked the outer door, a full Cyclon woman takes her child and clubs her.  As the mother recovers, she's still in the air-lock, and the Cylon is on the other side of the glass at the controls.  The mother looks the Cylon in the eye, just before the Cylon opens the outer door, flushing her into space.

The scene they're referring to was the murder of Callie Tyrol by I think her name was Tory.  Also, Callie's baby was not a hybrid.  It was later revealed that she was a slut who despite being married had gotten it on with hotdog.

Also, Boomer didn't have a baby.  The baby Hera was Athena's daughter.  The Colonial's worst enemy Laura Rosilin, faked the child's stillbirth, and gave her to someone else to raise.

I enjoyed DS9 out all of the TNG era Sisko is a lot like Kirk.When it comes to ST Atlantis it was a success when it came to the ratings.

The scene they were talking about was where Callie was thrown out of the airlock.

Also, Boomer did not have a baby.  Boomer and Athena were the same model Cylon played by the same actress.  Athena married Karl "Helo" Agathon, and gave birth to Hera.  Boomer shot Adama, and was "killed" by Callie.
What is the name of the episode and iirc it was cylons who thru her out of an airlock?Glen A Larson was very much involved.Boomer did have baby rewatch it over again as I just did.
I think she got thrown out in season 4.  The Cylon's name was Tory something.

Also, Glen Larson had nothing to do with the re-imagined series.  It was all Ron Moore and David Elick.  He was credited as a consulting producer, but he was never consulted.

Offline Vipre

• Commander
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2014, 09:39:12 pm »
Boomer kidnapped Athena's baby Hera, that's where you're likely getting the "Boomer baby" from Age. She also had a fantasy projection in which she had an imaginary daughter.

"The Ties That Bind" the fifth episode in the fourth season is when Cally bites it at Tory's hand.
Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,
   If aliens are real please let them know that I'm formally requesting asylum from the freakshow that is humanity."

Offline Tulwar

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2014, 03:36:24 pm »
In any case, watching Cally get blown out the air-lock was the most depressing thing I've ever seen on television.  They made it almost as traumatic as watching a real girl die.
Cannon (can' nun) n.  An istrument used to rectify national boundries.  Ambrois Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary

Offline knightstorm

• His Imperial Highness, Norton II, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2014, 03:40:06 pm »
In any case, watching Cally get blown out the air-lock was the most depressing thing I've ever seen on television.  They made it almost as traumatic as watching a real girl die.

Worse than the scene in the miniseries where Caprica Six snapped a baby's neck?

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2014, 05:42:51 pm »

I think she got thrown out in season 4.  The Cylon's name was Tory something.

Also, Glen Larson had nothing to do with the re-imagined series.  It was all Ron Moore and David Elick.  He was credited as a consulting producer, but he was never consulted.

It was to Glen A Larson.

Boomer did not kidnap the baby.It shows here pregnant here and looking at her baby in the incubator.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 05:57:33 pm by Age »

Offline Vipre

• Commander
« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2014, 08:59:49 pm »
That's Athena. Easy way to tell them apart, Helo is usually next to her...as he is when she's looking at the baby 45sec-50sec mark.
Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,
   If aliens are real please let them know that I'm formally requesting asylum from the freakshow that is humanity."

Offline knightstorm

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2014, 04:31:53 am »

It was to Glen A Larson.

No, it wasn't, and I challenge you to find a source that says otherwise.

Boomer did not kidnap the baby.It shows here pregnant here and looking at her baby in the incubator.http://youtu.be/8hR2t8ghAoI

For the last time, Boomer and Athena were physically identical.  They're both number 8 model cylons.  Both are played by Grace Park.  Athena eventually took over Boomer's position in the crew.

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2014, 06:15:08 pm »

It was to Glen A Larson.

No, it wasn't, and I challenge you to find a source that says otherwise.

Boomer did not kidnap the baby.It shows here pregnant here and looking at her baby in the incubator.http://youtu.be/8hR2t8ghAoI

For the last time, Boomer and Athena were physically identical.  They're both number 8 model cylons.  Both are played by Grace Park.  Athena eventually took over Boomer's position in the crew.

It is in the credit Larsons name and those tow do look different give me episode name.Athena is Guies girlfriend who is blonde.Isn't this Athena
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/photos/uncategorized/2009/03/21/sixbaltar5_jfdnxhnc.jpg

Offline knightstorm

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2014, 07:41:40 pm »

It is in the credit Larsons name

Larson is credited as a consulting producer, although he was never consulted.  He's also mentioned in the credits as the show is based on a teleplay created by Glen Larson, but that's just referring to the original series.

those tow do look different give me episode name.Athena is Guies girlfriend who is blonde.Isn't this Athena
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/photos/uncategorized/2009/03/21/sixbaltar5_jfdnxhnc.jpg

That's not Athena.  That's Baltar's mental version of Caprica Six.  Athena is one of two model eight cylons to use the name Sharon Valeri.  She met up with Karl "Helo" Agathon while he was on the run on Caprica.  Posing as Boomer who Helo thought was a human, she seduced him and began a relationship with him.  She returned with him to Galactica and chose humanity over the cylons.  Eventually, she received a commission, but decided to use a different callsign to distinguish herself from Boomer, a sleeper agent who had conducted various acts of sabotage culminating in her assassination attempt on Commander Adama.  On Racetrack's recommendation, she chose Athena.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 08:53:41 pm by knightstorm »

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2014, 01:55:51 pm »
Ok.I will except what you said in the second part but Glen did do as much as Moore.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0407362/fullcredits?ref_=tt_ov_st_sm

Offline knightstorm

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2014, 10:21:04 am »
In the link you posted, he's only credited as "consulting producer".