Topic: Star Trek Axanar  (Read 29410 times)

Offline EschelonOfJudgemnt

• Lt. Junior Grade
Re: Star Trek Axanar
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2014, 12:25:08 am »
I'm looking forward to Axanar as well.  It'll be interesting to see how they flesh out that storyline.

Lots of Starship Pron here:
https://www.facebook.com/StarTrekAxanar/photos_stream

The image showing the class silhouette comparisons is pretty cool!

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2014, 08:09:28 pm »
So.. they are debuting the film Prelude to Axanar at the North Houston Convention Aug 8-10...

Tickets are $25 for a day, $50 for the whole thing.  Most of the cast and crew will be there for it as well.

Just my luck... I've got my wedding reception in MI that weekend.
"Your mighty GDI forces have been emasculated, and you yourself are a killer of children.  Now of course it's not true.  But the world only believes what the media tells them to believe.  And I tell the media what to believe, its really quite simple." - Kane (Joe Kucan) Command & Conquer Tiberium Dawn (1995)

Offline Javora

• America for Americans first.
  • Commander
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2014, 07:07:26 am »
To bad they didn't schedule the show in January when I was down in San Antonio.  That would have been fun to watch.

Just curious Lt. Q where are you headed to in Michigan?  Don't need exact details, figure if I know the general area I can give you a heads up at the bad areas.

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2014, 11:03:25 am »
I'm going home, my entire family lives in the West Michigan Area.  With the exception of myself, my sister, and couple of cousins, everyone stayed home.  I went to Houston, my sister is following her husband in the USAF, and a couple of cousins went to work in Washington.  My Wife and I got married a couple of months ago, and her family is here in Houston.
"Your mighty GDI forces have been emasculated, and you yourself are a killer of children.  Now of course it's not true.  But the world only believes what the media tells them to believe.  And I tell the media what to believe, its really quite simple." - Kane (Joe Kucan) Command & Conquer Tiberium Dawn (1995)

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2014, 12:45:42 pm »
Here's the complete story of everything else that's going on at that convention and some more details regarding it:

http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/atascocita/news/the-houston-con-to-feature-power-rangers-star-trek-walking/article_ab6ff292-a810-5e21-bc2e-fd6e6a5d7124.html?mode=story

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2014, 07:14:56 pm »
They will keep talking about like Renegades but won't do any filming untill they have enough to finance it.

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2014, 07:27:35 pm »
According to the article, they have completed it, and will debut it there.

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2014, 07:00:38 am »
It looks pretty good so far, but I don't buy Hatch as a Klingon.
Suspected leader of Prime Industries, #1 Pirate Cartel

Offline Vipre

• Commander
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2014, 03:18:18 pm »
Prelude is finished. Thx to D_M for the heads up.

Second video on the page. Run time 0:21:10 1080p available, only official viewing location.

"PRELUDE TO AXANAR"
Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,
   If aliens are real please let them know that I'm formally requesting asylum from the freakshow that is humanity."

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2014, 10:57:59 am »
Well that second video was terrific!!!!!!!!!!! :woot:

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2014, 12:21:43 pm »
They are meshing JJ trekverse tech with prime universe. Amazingly this doesn't bother me much. This is the kind of kicka$$ story that should be done. I don't see that I can donate this month, but hopefully I can make a pledge next month. I want to see this happen. 8)

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2014, 03:55:33 pm »
The storyline looks good but it is the tech that doesn't do it form me untlll later on.It is like Adam said.It does look better than JJs.

Offline Tulwar

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2014, 05:42:14 am »
Here's the complete story of everything else that's going on at that convention and some more details regarding it:

Your link nearly overwelmed by pop-up blocker!
Cannon (can' nun) n.  An istrument used to rectify national boundries.  Ambrois Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2014, 02:24:12 pm »
Just gotta say...

I really like the lines of the D-6 in Prelude to Axanar.    The other ships too, although the one fed design (USS Geronimo) with the second (forward) set of impulse engines in front of the dual secondary hull struts seems like a bad idea to me... there's inice angled shot showing off the full view of this second set of engines at 10:43 in the video.

That being said, the USS Geronimo looks like quite the nice ship otherwise!   I would just have moved that second set of impulse engines outboard a bit, so that the impulse isn't thrusting against the two necks.

I also very much like the lines of Sonja's ship, the Ajax.  Several shots, including the feint at 12:31, show off this design rather well.

Very much liking the choice of actors as well!

Overall, a nice starting point for this!  Very much looking forward to the full release.

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2014, 02:48:45 pm »
The Geronimo design is weird in many respects unless it is a carrier. You're right though, the pylons should be moved down to attach at the saucer bottom for the rear set of engines and it doesn't need two deflector dishes in any case.

Offline FRA.E.Kehakoul_XC

• Administrator
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2015, 04:09:28 pm »
Gentlemen,could it be that it is Released?

Check this link: http://amovieweb.com/roy/full.php?movie=3302086

Kehak
FRA.E.Kehakoul_XC

Director - Diplomatic Division

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2015, 05:08:40 pm »
Gentlemen,could it be that it is Released?

Check this link: http://amovieweb.com/roy/full.php?movie=3302086

Kehak

Well, since they are still building sets, and just launched the kickstarter for the full length feature,  I'd say no...
http://www.startrekaxanar.com/captains-log/

Where that link to amovieweb.com requires a login, I'd be highly suspicious of any requested credit card data should anyone want to sign in for that service.  However, if anyone does get past the login, feel free to report your findings.

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2015, 05:50:59 pm »
It was fully funded through kickstarter back at the end of august.

Studio flooring went in in march so I guess it will be quite awhile still.

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2015, 06:10:37 pm »
Even still it is a shot in the dark. If Paramount passes on giving them a deal I'm not sure if they can legally release it.

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2015, 11:40:58 pm »
It was fully funded through kickstarter back at the end of august.

Studio flooring went in in march so I guess it will be quite awhile still.

Actually, Prelude To Axanar was fully  funded in August (they raised $80,000)... not the full length film.

Here is the donor page for the full length feature:
http://www.startrekaxanar.com/donate/

Even still it is a shot in the dark. If Paramount passes on giving them a deal I'm not sure if they can legally release it.

That's why the are only calling it Axanar now (no Star Trek prefix, although the Website still has the prefix).  They are in that weird zone where all of the fan-produced spinoffs are, and apparently are toe-ing the line appropriately.  That could always change though.  They can't charge for the release itself, but baubles (Axanar shirts, mugs, etc) are another story, as long as it doesn't say Star Trek on them...  Prelude to Axanar was released under these conditions, and cost $80,000 in donations to make.  They can't sell the Movie/Prequel in any shape or form, but it's available for download (for free) in a few places.

Said baubles are tied to the donation levels, similar to what happens on PBS with donations.  AFAIK they aren't selling them directly.

And trust me, with the star power and buzz that Axanar has been working with, I'm SURE Paramount is well aware of their existence.  Doesn't mean that Paramount won't change their tune at some point, but I'd be interested if they got 'written permission assuming not-for profit/free'' as insurance.

Star Trek New Voyages, Phase II, etc. are in stickier territory, as they are using the main roles (Kirk, Spock, McCoy, Scotty, etc.).  Nonetheless, they've been releasing episodes for years now.  I'm guessing that Paramount feels that this keeps the 'fan base' together for the next time Paramount does an official release, but of course that can change.  Other fan film franchises have suffered at the whim of various studios.  As an example, at one point, there was a cool new fan made live action Robotech movie with a couple of segments released, but the second Harmony Gold found out about it, cease and desist...

ST:OGAM (Star Trek: Of Gods And Men) was another released 'film' which had Nichelle Nichols and Walter Koenig in it.  Check it out if you can find it, if you haven't seen it yet!  I'm guessing that Renegades (the planned spinoff from STOGAM) fell by the wayside, though.