Topic: Starfleet Command Orion Pirates 2500-2563 HD (Unofficial Patch)  (Read 123408 times)

Offline d4v1ks

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt.
Re: Starfleet Command Orion Pirates 2500-2562 HD (Unofficial Patch)
« Reply #120 on: June 02, 2016, 02:54:46 pm »
AWESOME!
Will it be a standalone patch 2500>2563 or a sequential patch 2500>2562>2563?
Can you incorporate the ESG sound fix from FireSouls OP 4.0+, since you're cleaning EVERYTHING ELSE up? :)

Yes, it will be a 2500-2563 standalone patch.

The objective is to provide higher resolutions, a lot of customization, bugs fixes (both executable and sprites.q3) and a working online experience.

Don't even know why people have tried to create a SFC4 from scratch.
If you are not able to fix a bug, update a feature that have lost its support, or enhance some kind of feature, how can you create a completely new game?
Just see how great a modded SFCOP looks in the images below.
That is what people have been loosing...

« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 03:11:44 pm by d4v1ks »
"But he isn't wearing anything at all!" (The Emperor's New Clothes)

Offline d4v1ks

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt.

Offline Tumulorum Fossor

• Lt. Junior Grade
Re: Starfleet Command Orion Pirates 2500-2563 HD (Unofficial Patch)
« Reply #122 on: June 02, 2016, 07:26:11 pm »
Those screenshots look amazing!  Will have to track down some more models besides the ones in "Firesouls OP+4.0 models".

Can't wait to see what Capt Adam does next, too.

I remember years ago someone improved the damaged ship textures.  Anyone have those?

OH, Carlos! Incorporate the ESG Sound loop fix into your patches such that someone could just patch up via your latest and have their OP totally buffed!  It just makes more sense that all the fixes are incorporated with the latest patch rather than a shiplist mod (assuming this is doable and not difficult)!

Excited to get back into this game.

I have to work away from home tonight, so I'll bring the laptop along.  Also thinking how these new resolutions might look on a home theater!!!!

Offline d4v1ks

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt.
« Reply #123 on: June 02, 2016, 07:37:28 pm »
Incorporate the ESG Sound loop fix into your patches such that someone could just patch up via your latest and have their OP totally buffed!

I've added it on your request. :)
Makes sense right?
SFCOP on all its glory once again.

Now, we just need to test if everything ok with 2563, playing it.

Offline Tumulorum Fossor

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #124 on: June 02, 2016, 07:56:37 pm »
Incorporate the ESG Sound loop fix into your patches such that someone could just patch up via your latest and have their OP totally buffed!

I've added it on your request. :)
Makes sense right?
SFCOP on all its glory once again.

Now, we just need to test if everything ok with 2563, playing it.

Thank YOU! Installing right now. Was installing Firesouls OP+ right now! Nice to know ALL the fixes are already in the patch (ESG SoundLoop! Yay!).  The "Missing Fighters - Broken shortcut and start-in directory" fix already incorporated/made obsolete I gather!

Oh, you didn't add ESG soundloop fix just now, right? There's only ONE version of the 2563 patch that already had the ESG soundloop fix, right?

And THANK YOOOOUUUU! (Not just for this, but I wouldn't be playing right now if it weren't for you figuring out that it is Win10 compatible...)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 08:21:31 pm by Tumulorum Fossor »

Offline TarMinyatur

• Lt.
« Reply #125 on: June 03, 2016, 05:57:07 pm »
Hey Carlos, does EZIni (2.0) play nice with new resolutions enabled by changing sfc.ini's "lowres" values to 3,5, or 6?

EZIni doesn't offer those resolutions. But does using EZIni corrupt manually changing the lowres values?

I think EZIni thinks this is true (prepatch 2562):
lowres = 0 (800x600)
lowres = 1 (640x480)
lowres = 3 (1024x768)
lowres = 4 (1200x960)
lowres = 5 (1280x1024)
lowres = 6 (1600x1200)

But postpatch, as you set it :)...

lowres=3  (1366x768 or 1440x900)
lowres=5  (1600x900 or 1680x1050)
lowres=6  (1920x1080 or 1920x1200)

So that means that if using EZIni with modern PC, when setting by EZIni to 1600x1200, you're REALLY setting for 1920x1080.

Right?

I have updated EziIni 2.0 to 2.1. It now shows the correct info for HD resolutions.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 06:31:13 pm by TarMinyatur »

Offline RazalYllib

• Imperial Romulan Information Service-senior advisor
  • Lt.
    • IRIS
« Reply #126 on: June 03, 2016, 08:05:02 pm »
Looks incredibly and shall I emphasize, mindboggling scale impressive work!

I'll have to uninstall the current client, i never did install the op+ plus w/ models the last iteration, i will this time around.

Been busy attempting various fixes to the wife's box....the win10 update messed up many things, some have been fixxed, some have not - including her preferred recreation AOE2 HD on the steam client...she is very sad.

I was also wondering, does anyone still have the assets used to run the Web Based Front end for the OP DV....with all the new goodies, from the efforts of those with talent, skill, and love of this moderately antiquated software, that would be most interesting, though IMVHO--some more variety of DV only mission scripts.

Speaking of which--i have always understood that there were some pretty hard limitations in API - but with the new "tech", could some of those limitations be addressed?

Looking forward to restarting my single player rom campaign....my first day I actually had to flee a mission--have not had to do that in single-player in a very long time, all in pretty HD.
Comes a time when the blind man takes your hand
Says "don't you see?"
Gotta make it somehow
On the dreams you still believe
Don't give it up
You got an empty cup
Only love can fill
Only love can fill

Offline ObsidianShiar

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #127 on: June 04, 2016, 12:01:59 pm »
Don't even know why people have tried to create a SFC4 from scratch.
If you are not able to fix a bug, update a feature that have lost its support, or enhance some kind of feature, how can you create a completely new game?
Errors are, more often than not, "fused" into the main code structure or happen due to simple and stupid overlooks in a crucial part of the code. Redoing something from scratch is not only easier if you don't have the actual source code, but it's also a good opportunity to do something better and more efficiently.

Offline Kryptk9

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #128 on: July 26, 2016, 08:18:11 pm »
This may be a total noob question but how exactly do you use the Directory Services Emulator to make a LAN server, I changed the server and client files to change to it and I keep getting errors on the server program and also when I try to lach TestClient in the server program it crashes. Am I just doing something wrong?

Offline TarMinyatur

• Lt.
« Reply #129 on: July 27, 2016, 09:02:46 am »
http://www.hotandspicyforums.com/sfc-orion-pirates-directory-services-emulator-t19331.html

You probably already read this.

There are two edits: the game's "WONServerSetup.gf" and the server's "ServersSetup.gf"

[WONDirectoryServer/Addresses]
0="???.???.???.???:15101"

Offline Kryptk9

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #130 on: July 27, 2016, 10:52:03 am »
Yeah Tar, I already checked that but after I edit those files and turn on the directory services emulator, it either says it can't find the directory services or it can't connect to the internet and when I try to run it through dynaverse.net without editing the files and not using the emulator, it does not show up in the Dyna 2 server list.

Offline d4v1ks

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt.
« Reply #131 on: July 27, 2016, 04:57:24 pm »
Its a shame you are not able to make it run Kryptk9...

Is your firewall blocking something? Some require that you open an exception to the "directory service emulator", so it can accept connections (outbound rules)!
In the files that TarMinyatur mentioned, are you redirecting the client and server to the private IP where the "directory service emulator" is being hosted?
The client and server still requires a connection to Qtracker, that emulates the old gamespy mechanics... is your firewall blocking it? the router?
Are your providing the right public IP of your server to QTracker?

[CentralSwitchSetup]
CentralSwitchAddress="my.public.server.ip"

[WONDirectoryServer/Addresses]
0="my.private.directoryEmulator.ip:15101"

It works. But still requires a bit of attenction to setup.
GL

Offline Kryptk9

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #132 on: July 27, 2016, 10:05:09 pm »
Okay, I've double checked and everything is allowed through the firewall and my antivirus is disabled. So am I typing a private IP into the Emulator and then I am pointing the server to that Private IP and giving the server a public IP? How to I give the server IP to Qtracker? Sorry if I'm missing the blatantly obvious.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 12:24:52 pm by Kryptk9 »

Offline Kryptk9

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #133 on: July 28, 2016, 05:11:17 pm »
I've figured out what my problem is, I'm trying to access the server from the client on the same computer I am running the server on but it does show up for other people. Is there way to run the server and play on it on the same computer? If not, I'll just run it on my laptop.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 09:50:04 pm by Kryptk9 »

Offline d4v1ks

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt.
« Reply #134 on: July 30, 2016, 04:29:54 am »
I've figured out what my problem is, I'm trying to access the server from the client on the same computer I am running the server on but it does show up for other people. Is there way to run the server and play on it on the same computer? If not, I'll just run it on my laptop.

Hum... as you can see here we have found this same problem before, when creating a public server.
Running the client + server in the same computer doesn't seem to work well.
Maybe they were made to run in some specific circunstances, and running both the programs on the same machine will imply that one of them has to run in the "background".
Here in my home i used a tablet to host the server (devices have became so powerfull these days)...  ;D
I'm happy you found the problem.

Offline Tus-XC

• Capt
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Commander
« Reply #135 on: July 30, 2016, 01:11:35 pm »

Hum... as you can see here we have found this same problem before, when creating a public server.
Running the client + server in the same computer doesn't seem to work well.
Maybe they were made to run in some specific circunstances, and running both the programs on the same machine will imply that one of them has to run in the "background".
Here in my home i used a tablet to host the server (devices have became so powerfull these days)...  ;D
I'm happy you found the problem.

wonder if you could run a server on a virtual machine... that might make it work on the same box...
Rob

"Elige Sortem Tuam"

Offline RazalYllib

• Lt.
    • IRIS
« Reply #136 on: August 02, 2016, 08:35:03 pm »
This circumstance sounds somewhat familer - IIRC, the server kit must be a static IP and it cannot be shared with the client.

Back in the day, if my fading memory is accurate, there was an issue with this, though I may be mistaken or confusing it with another issue.
Says "don't you see?"
Gotta make it somehow
Don't give it up
You got an empty cup
Only love can fill
Only love can fill

Offline Javora

• America for Americans first.
  • Commander
« Reply #137 on: August 03, 2016, 12:13:37 am »
That does sound familiar...

Edit:

Once upon a time Dave Ferrell released a file to run a server using MySQL database instead of the standard flatfile.  Does anyone still have that file?  Maybe that file can resolve this issue and give us more insight.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 01:35:51 am by Javora »

Offline RazalYllib

• Lt.
    • IRIS
« Reply #138 on: August 03, 2016, 07:11:17 am »
OOOHHHHH--

I just love David Ferrell bedtime stories!
Says "don't you see?"
Gotta make it somehow
Don't give it up
You got an empty cup
Only love can fill
Only love can fill

Offline Javora

• America for Americans first.
  • Commander
« Reply #139 on: August 03, 2016, 09:21:15 am »
I know right...