Topic: Starfleet Command Orion Pirates 2500-2563 HD (Unofficial Patch)  (Read 123376 times)

Offline RazalYllib

• Imperial Romulan Information Service-senior advisor
  • Lt.
    • IRIS
Re: Starfleet Command Orion Pirates 2500-2563 HD (Unofficial Patch)
« Reply #140 on: August 03, 2016, 05:48:02 pm »
The only David story i did not like was the one where he wiped the OP source code that he had in his possession post-Taldren.

My favorite was where he got the fire vs cloak table from SFB working ... i could hear that one every week- maybe more.
Comes a time when the blind man takes your hand
Says "don't you see?"
Gotta make it somehow
On the dreams you still believe
Don't give it up
You got an empty cup
Only love can fill
Only love can fill

Offline Javora

• America for Americans first.
  • Commander
« Reply #141 on: August 03, 2016, 08:35:19 pm »
Someone tried contacting Dave about the OP source code?  I thought it was Magnum man, when did this happen?

Offline RazalYllib

• Imperial Romulan Information Service-senior advisor
  • Lt.
    • IRIS
« Reply #142 on: August 03, 2016, 08:56:19 pm »
Many moon ago---apparently someone kept pestering David and it made him uncomfortable, so he wiped his copy of the source.
Comes a time when the blind man takes your hand
Says "don't you see?"
Gotta make it somehow
On the dreams you still believe
Don't give it up
You got an empty cup
Only love can fill
Only love can fill

Offline dieman14

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #143 on: August 04, 2016, 09:11:02 pm »
So...been a long time on the Dynaverse hosting front...

I saw a couple posts on Hot and Spicy and here leading me to believe no port forwarding is necessary anymore, which makes me think I can finally play this game with my friends! All firewalls are off on all computers.

Here's what I have going on:

--Workstation 1 (behind my router)
Created, joined Evolvehq Party+
2563 Serverkit, running with no error (I can see and connect to it with the game client from this workstation, although the client does run slow if I do this)
Changed assets/serverprofiles/_CentralSwitchPlusAllServers/WONServerSetup address to 0="Workstation1EvolveIP:15101"
Directory Server Emulator (with Workstation 1's Evolve IP plugged into it, then pushing "Start")

--Workstation 2 (also behind my router)
Connected to Workstation 1's EvolveHQ Party+
2563 OP
Changed metaassets/serverprofiles/multiplayer/WONServerSetup address to 0="Workstation1EvolveIP:15101"

--Workstation 3 (not behind my router, in another house)
2563 OP
Changed metaassets/serverprofiles/multiplayer/WONServerSetup address to 0="Workstation1EvolveIP:15101"

Workstations 2 and 3 get the generic 'Can not find Directory server/cannot connect to internet error'. What do I need to do to get this to work? I also tried plugging in Workstation 1's actual Public IP address into the boxes (and adjusting all of the workstations WONServerSetup address to match) but that seemed to have no effect. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Offline TarMinyatur

• Lt.
« Reply #144 on: August 04, 2016, 10:12:46 pm »
OP 2.563 ServersSetup.gf

[CentralSwitchSetup]
Listen=1
CentralSwitchAddress="???"
CentralSwitchPort=27100

What ip do you have for CentralSwitchAddress?

Offline dieman14

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #145 on: August 04, 2016, 10:40:42 pm »
OP 2.563 ServersSetup.gf

[CentralSwitchSetup]
Listen=1
CentralSwitchAddress="???"
CentralSwitchPort=27100

What ip do you have for CentralSwitchAddress?

Should this be the EvolveIP?

And just to be clear, the directory server emulator does not need to run on each workstation right? And if so, should they have their own EvolveIP or the server's?

Offline TarMinyatur

• Lt.
« Reply #146 on: August 05, 2016, 12:44:50 am »
I don't think the clients need to use a directory service emulator. The machine running the server application (ServerPlatform.exe) would surely need it. The clients don't need any server software, just the 2.563 StarfleetOP.exe.

The server needs to be seen from outside of Evolve. It has to communicate with qtracker on the internet! So an Evolve party address won't work there. The Evolve party address is private. You need to determine your server's public address.

[CentralSwitchSetup]
Listen=1
CentralSwitchAddress="(public)"
CentralSwitchPort=27100

[WONDirectoryServer/Addresses]
0="(private):15101"

Try Evolve's party system (e.g. 10.132.47.2) for private. Maybe d4v1ks will drop by to clear things up. I'm not sure how this all works.

Offline dieman14

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #147 on: August 05, 2016, 07:33:35 am »
I will give that a shot, thanks!

Offline dieman14

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #148 on: August 05, 2016, 08:05:18 am »
Alright so here is the new situation:

--Workstation 1 (behind my router)
Created, joined Evolvehq Party+
2563 Serverkit, running with no error (I can see and connect to it with the game client from this workstation, although the client does run slow if I do this)
Changed assets/serverprofiles/_CentralSwitchPlusAllServers/WONServerSetup address to 0="Workstation1EvolveIP:15101" and CentralSwitchAddress="Workstation1PublicIPAddress"
Forward port 27100 on my router to this workstation (otherwise the server will not launch)
Directory Server Emulator (with Workstation 1's Evolve IP plugged into it, then pushing "Start")

--Workstation 2 (also behind my router)
2563 OP

--Workstation 3 (not behind my router, in another house)
2563 OP

I only have access to Workstation 2 at the moment, I will have to 3 tomorrow. This is what happens on the server when the client tries to connect to it:
Info: Connection accepted (11324)
Info: Authenticating Connection (11324)
Info: Connection authenticated (11324)
Info: Connection assigned to switch ID: 2
By then the client times out, it takes the whole 2 minutes to get to that point. I also noticed my server appears on the list twice...

Thanks again to everyone for your help. I know we will figure it out! Everyone is more than welcomed to play on my server as well once we do.

Offline dieman14

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #149 on: August 05, 2016, 09:11:16 am »
Well done dieman14!

You find it out while i was drawing the example bellow...
Hope it helps everyone to "visualize" what is needed to run a server campaign under a Evolve's lan party...

Awesome, thank you for this drawing, that is basically what I generated in my head from reading scattered forum posts here and on Hot and Spicy. TarMinyatur gave me the last piece of the puzzle (the CentralSwitchAddress field) that I needed. I am still having a problem with slowness it seems. On workstation 2 in my example, the client is timing out before it can fully connect. I have not gotten to see if the problem persists over to the other workstation, I will be able to try tomorrow.

Is there anything that I need to do to ServerKit 2563 OR OP 2563 to get them to go to QTracker, or is this something built in? On some older forum threads I saw people mention the QTracker application that goes into binaries and changes any references to GameSpy to QTracker, but when I tried to run it on the server and client executables it said it could not find any references. Any thoughts?

Offline d4v1ks

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt.
« Reply #150 on: August 05, 2016, 09:20:57 am »
Is there anything that I need to do to ServerKit 2563 OR OP 2563 to get them to go to QTracker, or is this something built in?

It is already built in.

It can be updated, if needed in the future, by running "Edit StarFleetOP.bat" on the client, or "Edit ServerPlatform.bat" on the server.
Those batch files will open the SFC Editor, and there you will be able to see or edit the gamespy links on the executables.
"But he isn't wearing anything at all!" (The Emperor's New Clothes)

Offline Captain Spadaro

• should know better by now
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #151 on: August 11, 2016, 04:01:46 pm »
Will this help OP run on Windows 10?

I've got OP installed and patched up to the last official patch, was about to install Firesoul EAW-to-OP campaigns (and the Nuclear Wessels add-on missions), but for the life of me I can't get OP to stay running.  The game res is currently set at 1600x1200 (desktop res is 1920x1080).
"Don't try to be a great man; just be a man, and let history make its own judgments." - William Riker, quoting Zefram Cochrane, to Zefram Cochrane, Star Trek: First Contact

Offline d4v1ks

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt.
« Reply #152 on: August 11, 2016, 04:39:07 pm »
Will this help OP run on Windows 10?

There was a topic about this... See below

http://www.dynaverse.net/forum/index.php/topic,163394323.msg1123053437.html#msg1123053437

If you use this patch you can run SFCOP at your current desktop resolution (1920x1080), in window mode, 16 bit compatibility, with a high frame rate!

Offline Captain Spadaro

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #153 on: August 11, 2016, 04:43:40 pm »
Ok, I'll try that (the reduced colors trick).

What about the ini file?  I've been trying to edit it and it won't let me do anything.  I applied the patch, but I keep getting 'access is denied', and it's not even a read-only file.

EDIT: set the colors to 16-bit, managed to get a skirmish mission (Wrath of Khan) to load, but it crashed as soon as I tried to select the Reliant as a target.  Further attempts yield similar results.  Like I said, was a fresh (from the CD) install that I patched up to 2552 before adding 2563.

I should also mention that I have been out of the loop regarding SFC mods for several years, so please bear with me.

EDIT 2: Managed to fix the ini file (apparently my computer forgot that my account IS the admin account, so it was blocking edits to it), but I'm still having issues.  Managed to get The Surprise Reversed to load, but as soon as I tried to target a ship, it froze.  Had to end the program via the task manager.  I honestly am at a loss as to what is going on.  Resolution is set to 6 (1920x1080).
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 10:41:33 am by Captain Spadaro »
"Don't try to be a great man; just be a man, and let history make its own judgments." - William Riker, quoting Zefram Cochrane, to Zefram Cochrane, Star Trek: First Contact

Offline d4v1ks

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt.
« Reply #154 on: August 13, 2016, 03:25:24 pm »
Like I said, was a fresh (from the CD) install that I patched up to 2552 before adding 2563.

Don't patch to 2552!
You should install from CD, and then install 2563 (which includes the 2552 updated files)!
Dunno if it will help you. But you should try it.

Offline Captain Spadaro

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #155 on: August 14, 2016, 07:15:21 pm »
Like I said, was a fresh (from the CD) install that I patched up to 2552 before adding 2563.

Don't patch to 2552!
You should install from CD, and then install 2563 (which includes the 2552 updated files)!
Dunno if it will help you. But you should try it.
Uninstalled (more like wiped, the 2563 patch apparently deletes a file needed for uninstalling) the install I had, then reinstalled from the CD and applied the 2563 patch, set res to 6 in the ini file, and did the 16-bit colors trick in the compatibility settings.

No go.

I'm running Intel HD Graphics, could that be it?  I had Intel integrated graphics on my previous machine (a 2004 spec Dell) and never had an issue running OP (or any other SFC game) so I assumed there wouldn't be an issue here.

EDIT: SO I tried running in in compatibility mode for Windows XP SP3 (in addition to everything described above) and...it runs fine.

Ain't that a kick in the teeth?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 07:37:05 pm by Captain Spadaro »

Offline d4v1ks

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt.
« Reply #156 on: August 15, 2016, 06:55:27 am »
EDIT: SO I tried running in in compatibility mode for Windows XP SP3 (in addition to everything described above) and...it runs fine.

Offline Captain Spadaro

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #157 on: August 15, 2016, 07:18:43 am »

I'll take what I can get.  Do you think it'll affect any of the backgrounds?  The shield impacts look good.

Offline d4v1ks

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt.
« Reply #158 on: August 15, 2016, 01:36:44 pm »
I'll take what I can get.  Do you think it'll affect any of the backgrounds?  The shield impacts look good.

The game runs at 16 bit colors.
So, i don't think the compatibility mode, you choose to run it, affects anything.
Anyway have you downloaded the backgrounds made by Adam? Those look amazing, and are easy to install.

Offline Captain Spadaro

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #159 on: August 16, 2016, 08:51:03 am »

The game runs at 16 bit colors.
So, i don't think the compatibility mode, you choose to run it, affects anything.
Anyway have you downloaded the backgrounds made by Adam? Those look amazing, and are easy to install.
I'm afraid I'm not sure what you're referring to (like I said, I've been out of the loop for a long time regarding SFC).