Topic: Starfleet Command Orion Pirates 2500-2563 HD (Unofficial Patch)  (Read 123379 times)

Offline subunit

• Ensign
Re: Starfleet Command Orion Pirates 2500-2563 HD (Unofficial Patch)
« Reply #160 on: September 03, 2016, 12:39:32 pm »
Does anyone know why, after patching to 2563 on Win 7, I might be getting a black screen with a pointer and nothing else when starting SFOP? It exits to desktop if I hit Esc, but nothing else happens.

Offline ObsidianShiar

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #161 on: September 06, 2016, 08:46:58 am »
Have you changed async to 0 in sfc.ini?

Offline d4v1ks

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt.
« Reply #162 on: December 07, 2016, 05:02:15 am »
Hey there.
Some people have asked about, and feel a bit confused about all the things we released this year.
Yes, it turned out to be a very productive year.
We made the SFC Editor, the sprites.q3 Editor, we releasead 2 HD patches for EAW and OP, with a lot of bug fixes.
Then we started on a new tool to completly fix the Gamespy Issue, and for the first time we produced a tool to run offline campaigns in a LAN, beside the public option.
I still have some things in mind.
But i ensure all that i will pack everything into a big release, like we have always have tried to do.
Cheers.
"But he isn't wearing anything at all!" (The Emperor's New Clothes)

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #163 on: December 07, 2016, 07:12:47 am »
Thankyou for the Christmas presents you have given the community.   :thumbsup: :notworthy:
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline TAnimaL

• Lt.
    • Combat Logs from the Cold Depths of Space
« Reply #164 on: December 07, 2016, 02:26:14 pm »
Agreed, 1000%, you are da man! Even just a checklist of the editors, patches and tools would help keep straight this amazing flow of new things

Offline xeryx

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #165 on: December 10, 2016, 11:14:28 am »
In Q3 there is an issue with FED Starbases (Maybe others) Beam weapons 17 and 19 on the main UI. one of them is missing entirely. I think it was 17.

Offline d4v1ks

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt.
« Reply #166 on: December 10, 2016, 05:45:32 pm »
In Q3 there is an issue with FED Starbases (Maybe others) Beam weapons 17 and 19 on the main UI. one of them is missing entirely. I think it was 17.

If those are missing, it is because the people that made the game didnt put those there.  ;)
But you can add a new base yourself. Those will have all the 25 slots available by default.
Have you tried that option in the q3 editor?
Cheers.
"But he isn't wearing anything at all!" (The Emperor's New Clothes)

Offline xeryx

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #167 on: December 20, 2016, 01:01:23 pm »
I have figured only how to copy a UI.  How do I replace the old one?

Ok I have a problem or a request for the exe.

I want to increase the ship's max speed within the game to a speed 41 to accommodate X-Ships.

Even though I can get ships to go speed 41,  the ships will not turn after speed 31 because the turn rate cannot be edited. Is there a way to make this happen?

Thank you

Offline TarMinyatur

• Lt.
« Reply #168 on: December 20, 2016, 06:17:47 pm »
Even though I can get ships to go speed 41,  the ships will not turn after speed 31 because the turn rate cannot be edited. Is there a way to make this happen?

I don't know. Nobody has requested this feature until now. Some of us thought it was appropriate that superfast units could not turn unless they slowed down to normal combat speed (<31). But, yeah, for a mod, it would be useful for units to be able to change their heading at speeds greater than 32.

I seem to remember the AI refusing to go faster than 31, even if it could easily do so with ample warp power. Players could reach speeds of 60 or whatever, but did the AI ever take advantage?

Offline TarMinyatur

• Lt.
« Reply #169 on: December 20, 2016, 08:00:35 pm »

Ok. I was able to add an option to the StarfleetOP.txt file for the SFC_Editor. You can change the maneuver rate from 0 to 1 by using E8 instead of the default EE. (E8 is for fld1, EE is for fldz. No custom options, such as 0.5, can fit in one byte.)

22280: 1op // Manuever rate, speed 33-255; (EE) = 0.0, (E8) = 1.0 // EE

Offline xeryx

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #170 on: December 21, 2016, 12:23:04 am »
Thank you, I will test this tomorrow!

Offline TAnimaL

• Lt.
    • Combat Logs from the Cold Depths of Space
« Reply #171 on: December 21, 2016, 11:20:20 am »
I thought there had been some searching for a solution to the "faster than 31, no turning" issue with no results. I'll give this a try to, during my long holiday break.

I have done several personal mods with above-32 speeds, and I, for one, found the "31+ straight only" to be an interesting consequence. You can still interact with anything else in play (fire weapons, drop mines, launch fighters), and FWIW, HETs still work. I've had ships move at 90+, and when coupled with a high acceleration (300+), it can create a different combat dynamic.

One thing to note - AI ships, including any wingmen you have, will not go past 31. Changing the top speed only works on the ship you are flying, and if you switch from one ship moving at 32+ to another, the ship you left will slow to 31.

Offline xeryx

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #172 on: December 23, 2016, 01:34:54 pm »
That is very interesting about speed 31, a bit disappointing as well. I will still give it a try in a bit.

I have been completely re-texturing space (it's a big job)! I have pretty much scrapped all original textures. I am meticulously doing this one space.mod at a time. I am pretty much done now with some really great results.

Update: I am up to about 65 textures. All have been retouched and blended by hand to be as seamless as possible. There are 42 useful Spacescapes between SFC2 and 3, I will post my work for a Beta before the New Year as I have some tweaking and testing to still do.

The file is open for beta testing now.

Please go here to download and enjoy.  http://www.nexusmods.com/startrekstarfleetcommand3/mods/972/?tab=1&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fstartrekstarfleetcommand3%2Fajax%2Fmoddescription%2F%3Fid%3D972%26preview%3D&pUp=1

I am in need of a 3D modeler to help me with this project. Is there anyone you can put me into contact with that is still active? The spacescape 3d models are horrible, and with some help they could be great!

Thank you.
Xeryx
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 05:30:22 pm by xeryx »

Offline Javora

• America for Americans first.
  • Commander
« Reply #173 on: December 23, 2016, 06:17:12 pm »
I think Dark Drone is the only modeler that still regularly posts here...

Offline xeryx

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #174 on: December 25, 2016, 12:03:37 pm »

I tried a search for him and I did not find him.

Offline Javora

• America for Americans first.
  • Commander
« Reply #175 on: December 25, 2016, 06:16:52 pm »
Try Darkdrone...

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #176 on: December 25, 2016, 06:46:19 pm »

Lets see if this works.

Link to Darkdrones list of posts.

December 9th is his most recent posting
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline xeryx

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #177 on: December 26, 2016, 11:14:11 am »

Lets see if this works.

Link to Darkdrones list of posts.

December 9th is his most recent posting

Geeze I feel like a newb, didn't think to take out the space! Thanks for the help!!

Offline TarMinyatur

• Lt.
Re: SFCOP HD patch
« Reply #178 on: April 18, 2017, 04:32:08 am »

Also note as per Corbomite's question earlier this thread, that the CE Patch enables hotkeys:
-Fire Pseudo Plasma, Toggle Marine Raids, Convert Shuttles, Select All Weapons.

These are not enabled in OP, and are currently only a CE feature.  I'm pretty stupid when it comes to this kind of stuff, but if I understand correctly, someone using a hex editor, might be able to in brute force fashion EVENTUALLY figure out how to enable these hotkeys in OP.

2.564 will have these hotkeys. I can add others upon request (except the "Revive Ship" hotkey).

Offline Tus-XC

• Capt
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Commander
Re: SFCOP HD patch
« Reply #179 on: April 19, 2017, 09:17:54 pm »

Also note as per Corbomite's question earlier this thread, that the CE Patch enables hotkeys:
-Fire Pseudo Plasma, Toggle Marine Raids, Convert Shuttles, Select All Weapons.

These are not enabled in OP, and are currently only a CE feature.  I'm pretty stupid when it comes to this kind of stuff, but if I understand correctly, someone using a hex editor, might be able to in brute force fashion EVENTUALLY figure out how to enable these hotkeys in OP.

2.564 will have these hotkeys. I can add others upon request (except the "Revive Ship" hotkey).

what! i totally want a revive ship hotkey... it would come in handy when playing dastardly clever opponents ;)
Rob

"Elige Sortem Tuam"