Topic: Fate of the Valdore  (Read 21682 times)

Tremok

Fate of the Valdore
« on: April 07, 2003, 09:17:20 pm »
 Many, many moons ago, when the world was young and dinosaurs still roamed the forums, we inquired about the fate of the Valdore and Scimitar. The Dev teased us, saying just that "we have special plans for the Valdore. Stay tuned".

Alas, fast foward billions of years, and here we are today. Now I am inquiring again; What has happened to the Valdore? Have that given up on it? Have the plans (if any) been dropped? And what of the Scimitar? Will that ever be balanced and made an offical ship for the Romulans?

The world wonders (well, I do, in anyway  )    

Alidar Jarok

Re: Fate of the Valdore
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2003, 09:33:08 pm »
Thanks for asking

All us Rommies want to know
 BTW, I don't  want anyone to mention modeling.  I am talking official.  
I even remember the question of whether they will call it Valdore

The answer:

"To be decided" Maybe Taldren removed the old forums so we couldn't find their quotes and re-post them
So, please Taldren
 I am having so much fun with black text, I haven't done this in a long time
Give us a response    

The_Pelican

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2003, 10:48:15 am »
It's okay, most of us already have the Valdore.

David Ferrell

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2003, 01:36:48 pm »
Taldren never had any plans for the Valdore.  Sorry.

Thanks,

Dave

Alidar Jarok

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2003, 03:31:31 pm »

Tulmahk

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2003, 05:40:34 pm »
Quite honestly, it doesn't even matter.  It is the easiest thing in the world for a server to include the Scimitar and Valdore, along with a plethora of other vessels and brand new missions.

What does it matter if Taldren makes it 'official'?  In every way that matters, it already is.  A proclomation from Taldren would be like Taldren making it 'official' that the world is round.

Play The Neutral Zone and the Dominion Wars mods and servers, and you'll never go back to vanilla SFC3 willingly or happily.  

Alidar Jarok

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2003, 06:47:21 pm »
Yeah

You're right

Apocolypse

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2003, 06:56:42 pm »
  All i must say to you Romulans is....bwahahahhahahahahahahahhahahaa
Long live the Federation.

Qob'nuH

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2003, 07:00:01 pm »
Quote:

Do you mean Dawn's Valdore?  If so, did anyone ever fix  the out-of-place structure on the port wing?  

MrCue

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2003, 07:34:16 pm »
Quote:

All i must say to you Romulans is....bwahahahhahahahahahahahhahahaa
Long live the Federation.

Come say that to my Alpha, you wont be laughing then

Tremok

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2003, 08:53:05 pm »
Tulmahk, I understand that after the patch Romulans don't NEED the Valdore or the Scimitar, its just a matter of it would be a nice treat.

Yes, I understand most servers nowadays are running Scimitars, and most mods have Valdores. But to me, Mods are just not the same. When you go shopping for an antique car, do you pefer the real deal or the replica? I feel the same way concerning official ships and mod ships.  Like it or not, the seal of 'official' DOES have weight to it, even though sometimes the fakes/replicas are just as good.

Almost every server today has the Scimitar. Indeed it is all but an official ship. But every server tweaks and mods it to their own personal preferences. I really can't say I blame them, since the Scimitar never was balanced to play online. I simply appreciate it if Taldren would balance the ship and put a seal of approval on it.

To be honest, I will likely never play TNZ or DW. I really don't have the connection for it. Also, while I appreciate the new ship models, I don't like it when they try to rebalance the game. It is very hard for modders to balance the game better than the game company.

Tremok

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2003, 08:55:02 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Do you mean Dawn's Valdore?  If so, did anyone ever fix  the out-of-place structure on the port wing?  

Do most of the modders use the same Valdore or do they all use their own?    

Tremok

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2003, 08:59:56 pm »
Quote:

Thanks,

Dave  

Thank you for your answer, Mr. Farewell.

I believe it was just after the Nemesis download came out. A few threads popped up discussing the Scimitar, and I believe a Dev (don't remember which) said, "As for the Valdore, we have special plans for her. Stay tuned"

Perhaps my memory isn't all that sharp.  

Alidar Jarok

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2003, 09:51:20 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Thanks,

Dave  

Thank you for your answer, Mr. Farewell.

I believe it was just after the Nemesis download came out. A few threads popped up discussing the Scimitar, and I believe a Dev (don't remember which) said, "As for the Valdore, we have special plans for her. Stay tuned"

Perhaps my memory isn't all that sharp.  

It was Harry from Paramount, IIRC

Maybe it was Dan  

Tulmahk

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2003, 10:41:34 pm »
Tremok, of course it's your call.

Just to let you know, SghnDubh has a CD burning service now, where you can order TNZ CD from him, just for the price of the shipping.  Private message him and ask for details, it's worth checking out.

Jolan tru fellow Rom!  

Apocolypse

« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2003, 10:12:27 am »
 Alpha....that some kind of mod? As im sure any current Valdore is, so it doesnt count. Having the Valdore and it being 'cool' would be just as cool as the Federation getting the Prometheus, and i'll take your Valdore with that any day.    

jimmi7769

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2003, 10:38:59 am »
Quote:

Maybe they're planning another Trek space game with the Valdore and her class of ships.  You know, perhaps something along the lines of, oh I don't know, Freelancer, perhaps?  

I hate to say it but, You're dreamin' buddy.

Aenigma

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2003, 12:13:33 pm »
I hope they can make a Star Trek mod for freelancer.... that would be cool, if it weren't for Microsoft (they probably don't want it).

Aenigma  

Apocolypse

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2003, 03:12:38 pm »
  Eh, the freelancer engine wouldnt work for star trek. Wouldnt work right.  

Apocolypse

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2003, 11:14:47 am »
  The idea is good, but then again if it were made i'd make sure to have my 'no 56kers' tag on my server