Re: Dear Hondo
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2003, 01:49:12 pm »
It was in this thread, sorry.

Maxillius

« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2003, 01:52:04 pm »
  Ok, nevermind, I think I found it...

Some thoughts on men then...

Men like to barbecue. Men will cook if danger is involved.

Of course, we can only have you do it in the safety of the house...

Men who have pierced ears are better prepared for marriage. They've experienced pain and have bought jewellery.

plus you've got something to pull on if he brings home that 45-inch monitor he wanted instead of the full
makeover certificate you wanted

Marrying a divorced man is ecologically responsible. In a world where there are more women than men, it pays to recycle.

HEY!!  THIS ONE'S BRAND NEW OVER HERE!!! SCREW USED!!!!!

Men are very confident people. My ex-boyfriend was so confident that when he watched sports on television, he thought that if he concentrated he could help his team. If the team was in trouble, he coached the players from the living room, and if they were really in trouble, I would have to get off the phone in case they called him.

Men like phones with lots of buttons. It makes them feel important.

Men love to be the first to read the newspaper in the morning. Not being the first is upsetting to their psyches.

All men are afraid of eyelash curlers. I sleep with one under my pillow instead of a gun.

THOSE THINGS ARE THE MOST EVIL LOOKING THINGS IN THE UNIVERSE (including Jabba the Hutt/Kroma's butt )

A good place to meet a man is at the dry cleaner. These men usually have jobs and bathe.

I used to work with a couple chicks you'd wonder about...  

All men hate to hear "We need to talk about our relationship." These seven words strike fear into the heart of even General Schwartzkopf.

Cuz it only means one thing: I slept with someone else last night, and I've been meaning to dump you for 3 months now.

Men are sensitive in strange ways. If a man has built a fire and the last log does not burn, he will take it personally.

well, duh..  That fire took a whole 5 minutes to build and a can of fluid to ignite!

Men have an easier time buying bathing suits. Women have two types: depressing and more depressing. Men have two types: nerdy and nerdy

WELL, there's one way around that, but it's illegal in most places here  

Men have higher body temperatures than women. If your heating goes out in winter, I recommend sleeping next to a man. Men are like portable heaters that snore.

That's what I'm here for.

Women take clothing much more seriously than men. I've never seen a man walk into a party and say, "Oh, my God, I'm so embarrassed. Get me out of here. There's another man wearing a black tuxedo."

Most men hate to shop. That's why the men's department is usually on the first floor, two inches from the door.

I don't.  

If a man prepares dinner for you and the salad contains three or more types of lettuce, he is serious.

If   I make dinner for you (as opposed to the crew at BK) it means I'm serious.

If you're dating a man who you think might be "Mr. Right" because he got older, got a new job, or visited a psychiatrist, you are in for a nasty surprise. The cocoon-to-butterfly theory only works on cocoons and butterflies.

as in you knew him once and he sucked then, but you thought he *didn't* suck because time moved on??

No man is charming all the time. Even Cary Grant is on record saying he wished he could be Cary Grant.

HA!  Now *there's* a challenge.  

When four or more men get together, they talk about sports.

...or cars, or computers, or SFC...

When four or more women get together, they talk about men.

yup.

Men are less sentimental than women. No man has ever seen the movie THE WAY WE WERE twice voluntarily.

Have YOU seen "The Way We Were" twice??

Most women are introspective: "Am I in love? Am I emotionally and creatively fulfilled?" Most men are outrospective: "Did my team win? How's my car?"

I can see this every time I'm at the mall walking behind some chick that doesn't know her thong's hanging out <snicker>

If a man says, "I'll call you," and he doesn't, he didn't forget... he didn't lose your number... he didn't die. He just didn't want to call you.

As opposed to if a chick doesn't ant to call, she'll invent any story, IF she lets heself be caught to be questioned again  

Men hate to lose. I once beat my husband at tennis. I asked him, "Are we going to have sex again?" He said, "Yes, but not with each other."

LOL

Getting rid of a man without hurting his masculinity is a problem. "Get out" and "I never want to see you again" might sound like a challenge. If you want to get rid of a man, I suggest saying "I love you... I want to marry you... I want to have your children." Sometimes they leave skid marks.

Not me...<sigh>

Men are self-confident because they grow up identifying with superheroes. Women have bad self-images because they grow up identifying with Barbie.

Got me there  

Male menopause is a lot more fun than female menopause. With female menopause you gain weight and get hot flashes. Male menopause -- you get to date young girls and drive motorcycles.

HA!

Men forget everything; women remember everything. That's why men need instant replays in sports. They've already forgotten what's happened  

Instant replay isn't around becuse we have 2-second flash memory, with 1 second access time, it's because some things happen so fast, or something happened a Ref didn't see that everyone else did

Where's the subtlety here???  

Kroma_BaSyl

« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2003, 01:58:45 pm »
Quote:

Well, absolutely everyone has missed the earlier subtlety I placed in a thread that despite giving Gwarlock a hint on how to find it, no one ever did. Men are just simply completely ignorant when it comes to subtleties.  

Well I think I spotted it, but damned if I know what it means. It isn't related to an Esky in anyway is it?

FPF_TraceyG

« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2003, 02:02:04 pm »
LOL!!! Good comebacks...

That wasn't the post I was talking about though... lol!!

Maxillius

« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2003, 02:19:33 pm »
Quote:

So, let me get this straight, Mrs Right has to abstain from sex for how long?? A year?? Has to wear granny knickers ?? (no thongs allowed), Has to dress in church clothes?? Needs good child bearing hips??? Wears the right size bra??? Doesnt drink alchohol??? Has to wear something to the beach??? (one or two piece), and you want Financial independance, Unconditional fidelity, Cooking and Kleening skills, (s), as well???
Is there some training course for this, Traditional Housewife 101, or is therapy available long term??

SOOOO... you're the girl most guys dream of, but can never get cuz they're too...uhhmmm.... intellectually detatched for you?  Did I say most guys?  I can only speak for myself....  

I know precisely what you're saying here...  and am fighting every urge to put every thought down (that's what PM's are for ).... to put it mildly, you're not the traditional housewife type :-)

<This HAS to be the post in question!>
« Last Edit: April 30, 2003, 02:23:03 pm by Commander Maxillius »

Kroma_BaSyl

« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2003, 02:24:04 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

So, let me get this straight, Mrs Right has to abstain from sex for how long?? A year?? Has to wear granny knickers ?? (no thongs allowed), Has to dress in church clothes?? Needs good child bearing hips??? Wears the right size bra??? Doesnt drink alchohol??? Has to wear something to the beach??? (one or two piece), and you want Financial independance, Unconditional fidelity, Cooking and Kleening skills, (s), as well???
Is there some training course for this, Traditional Housewife 101, or is therapy available long term??

SOOOO... you're the girl most guys dream of, but can never get cuz they're too...uhhmmm.... intellectually detatched for you?  Did I say most guys?  I can only speak for myself....  

I know precisely what you're saying here...  and am fighting every urge to put every thought down (that's what PM's are for ).... to put it mildly, you're not the traditional housewife type :-)

<This HAS to be the post in question!>  

I believe you are right. But for the life of me don't know what Kleening is.

Maxillius

« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2003, 02:31:52 pm »
I think "Kleening" might be a play on the word "Kleenex".  The way she used it suggests to me that she's not the type to cater to *every* need of a guy and run around 'wiping his nose' and such.  He has to take care of her (as it sould be), but not follow her around everywhere.  This one's DEEP folks!!

Am I wrong, Tracey?

FPF_TraceyG

« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2003, 02:36:21 pm »
Well, you've got the right post at least, you're getting warmer... Þ

Kroma_BaSyl

« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2003, 02:39:25 pm »
Yeah that  is what I meant by related to Esky, a brand name becoming synonymous with the generic product. I took it to mean using Kleenex to clean ones own pipes though. I have a very dirty mind if you hadn't noticed, and subtlety definitely isn't my forte, as there is nothing subtle about a 700 lb. Lizard in a tutu.

Maxillius

« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2003, 02:52:18 pm »
Piecemeal analysis...

So, let me get this straight, Mrs Right has to abstain from sex for how long?? A year??

-too late

Has to wear granny knickers ?? (no thongs allowed),

-D'OH!!

Has to dress in church clothes??

-She didn't say she wears 'clubbin' clothes, I'm thinking her tastes gravitate towad Hot Topic in the mall...

Needs good child bearing hips???

-hmm... a hint at what we cannot see?  that mean you don't, or you do??

Wears the right size bra???

-surely the G-rack thing was a joke?!?... right?

Doesnt drink alchohol???

-I'm the only one here that can drink but doesn't

Has to wear something to the beach??? (one or two piece)

-THAT'S more like it... a vacation to Australia is in the cards for me!!!

, and you want Financial independance,

-has a job

Unconditional fidelity,

-yes

Cooking

-a must unless you're rich

and Kleening skills,

-whatever THOSE are <snicker> (dammit Kroma, you've got me thinking like you now ...  THAT'S IT!!! THIS LITTLE S!!!

(s), as well???

ok....  There is a training course, but unfortunately (or fortunately ) I'm the only instructor, and it's a very long term course.

Kroma_BaSyl

« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2003, 03:00:30 pm »
That (s) has been bugging me too. If only I had my "Little Retoric" book here at work to look up what that means grammatically.

Maxillius

« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2003, 03:02:24 pm »
I think it's a hidden hint as to where the subtlety starts, or ends... haven't hammered that out yet...

Kroma_BaSyl

« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2003, 03:09:40 pm »
Quote:

I think it's a hidden hint as to where the subtlety starts, or ends... haven't hammered that out yet...  

Maybe it stands for "suckers". Tracy it's not nice to torture the obsessively compulsive.

Maxillius

« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2003, 03:15:41 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Maybe it stands for "suckers". Tracy it's not nice to torture the obsessively compulsive.  

...Cooking and Kleening skills, (s),

perhaps it's the whole phrase... "Cooking and Kleening", like how some parents confuse their kids when they're going upstairs by telling them they're 'making pizza' when they're really having (s)...

FPF_TraceyG

« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2003, 03:20:51 pm »
Ever so close... lol!! It's staring you in the face...

Maxillius

« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2003, 03:27:52 pm »
so Ms. Right doesn't *have* to put out, it's only a benefit of the union, and IF she feels like it?

FPF_TraceyG

« Reply #56 on: April 30, 2003, 03:37:59 pm »
lol!!! I can't believe you haven't worked it out yet... lol!!  

FPF_TraceyG

« Reply #57 on: April 30, 2003, 03:39:59 pm »
<sigh>, it's just way too subtle, I guess...

Maybe Only Romulans Oggle Nymphomaniacs!!!

Kroma_BaSyl

« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2003, 03:51:00 pm »
Maybe I need my O'Reilly book on smilies instead of the "Little Retoric".
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Kroma_BaSyl »

J'inn

« Reply #59 on: April 30, 2003, 03:55:09 pm »
Actually, and it shames me to no end to admit this . . . .

It appears both Tracey and my minds are just a few notches lower in the gutter than yours Kroma.  

OMG!!!!    I need therapy now.