Topic: Die Hard Re-banned  (Read 64228 times)

Aldaron

Re: Die Hard Re-banned
« Reply #80 on: January 31, 2003, 10:06:52 am »
Quote:

Just my 2 pence worth but if companies release products with so many blatant, unfixed bugs they should be prepared to suck it up from people who have paid a lot of money for a faulty product.

How long has SFC3 been out?  Is there a patch yet?

Me, I'm simply not going to buy another Activision/Taldren product, having been burned one to many times.

No one is debating that. What is in contention is how you go about complaining about it. Be a jerk and just say so and so sucks, etc is the wrong way. Politely bring up your gripes and you'll have no problems about getting banned. Simple.

Karnak

« Reply #81 on: January 31, 2003, 11:01:33 am »
Quote:

Just my 2 pence worth but if companies release products with so many blatant, unfixed bugs they should be prepared to suck it up from people who have paid a lot of money for a faulty product.

How long has SFC3 been out?  Is there a patch yet?

Me, I'm simply not going to buy another Activision/Taldren product, having been burned one to many times.

LOL, if flaming the perceived inept worked then the televised Presidential debates would be full of vulgar language.  Of course, everyone knows that the way to political suicide is using vulgar language cuz it offends way too many voters.

Same general principles apply in business, ya think?  

Alidar Jarok

« Reply #82 on: January 31, 2003, 11:08:18 am »
Quote:

I also think that there is one important difference between the banned people who lashed out against the company and those who think Jews should all be killed (Again I would ban both).  The likes of Arabman sticks to the OT forum.  The rules there have always been more lax.  I think there is less moderation there, as there should be as it has nothing to do with Taldren.  However the on topic area of the forum has had lots of threads that are asking for things to be changed, fixed, revisted, etc... However, in each of the cases where some one was banned they broke from constructive criticism to the "Taldren Sucks" arguement.

That is what happened, but is a permenant banning for a few comments fair?  

Quote:

Not a very effective way to get change.  You attack a company and they will circle their wagons.  You offer ideas and they "might"  be evaluated and possibly incorporated in to the game.  As far as earlier insinuations that "I have made it to the top".  Get real, if you had decided to do something for the company (albeit nothing more than a gesture) as opposed to complain endlessly about how you were ripped off (my copy of SFC 3 seems to work quite well even though I am non to fond of the game) you might have had a little better response.

I also notice an extreme double standard by some who would call for the banning of DD who has made several mistakes but has apologized most every time.   He has been banned, rightfully so, and has been banned several times.  Perhaps you could take the sage words of wisdom offered to him and send them you those who "need to be freed"

I like Don, and wish he could stay on these boards, but I'm not that hopeful that he will be allowed to post in peace anymore.

Quote:

Make a new callsign
Don't let on you were ever banned
Don't screw up again

TA DA!!!!  You political prisoners are now free to post with impunity on the board.  This assumes that their IP range wasn't blocked but I haven't heard of that measure being taken by against any that haven't tried hacking (and that was years ago).

But Max won't do this.  He has said many times that he doesn't think its right to.

Die Hard might because that's what he did when he was banned before the forum move, but I'm sure he would much rather be reinstated.  And I'don't think he woul'd keep a low profile because of how well known he is on the D2 forums.

Did either of them screw up since the move to the new board?
They are probably still being punished for their original comments (which were personal attacks against Taldren that were made out of anger, both people have appoligized for those statements)

Likkerpig might still be doing exactly what you suggest, but I think he would rather be un-banned.

GE-Raven

« Reply #83 on: January 31, 2003, 11:26:34 am »
Alidar, it really doesn't matter what I think is "fair".  Not my board.  If you are asking my opinion, I am pretty good about second chances.  But yes I do think it is fair that they have been banned, and are still banned.  If their is an amnesty declared on all of the banned members that is taldren's choice.  However, there has been a direct statement to one who was banned on how they could continue to post here.  It involved my above limitations.  I find them not only lenient but down right benevolent.  Basically don't point out that you are one who was banned, if some one guesses, not really your fault.  I would just say neither confirm or deny who you "really" are and you are fine.  Also, don't screw up again, be happy with your second chance.  If you are holding out for your old name, don't.  It seems obvious to me that the unbanning of the callsign isn't going to happen.  If you have some sort of moral objection to creating a new name, I am very sorry, please don't let the door hit you in the @ss on the way out.

Again, 99% of all the posters seem to have no problem with the guidlines laid down.  I think if you have a shred of common-sense you will be fine here.  Yes people lose their tempers, but I can't help but notice that apologies have almost always come AFTER one has been banned.  I normally know when I am giong over the line and apologize immediately.  I don't think that is too much to ask.  But, better yet, don't post angry!!!

GE-Raven

Fornax

« Reply #84 on: January 31, 2003, 02:39:11 pm »
Quote:

Your point is taken, however if you where to not make a broad stroke statement I would not bother to respond. You have no reason to call Nanner into question here. The odd thing is he has laid rather low considering the time the game has been out. He has only chosen to remark on game related issues and far as I have seen.

I am not a Nanner hot button, or cheer leader for that matter. I only want my friends and fellow gamers un-banned that is all. It is most likely Ferrell's call and his alone. To bring Nanner into this is just plain silly and not worthy of discussion.

Hooch  

You're absolutely right - Paul/Nanner should never had had his name brought up.  I've always reserved the right to disagree with him, but when it gets stupid...I draw the line.

Atrahasis

« Reply #85 on: January 31, 2003, 06:31:35 pm »
Quote:

I also notice an extreme double standard by some who would call for the banning of DD who has made several mistakes but has apologized most every time.   He has been banned, rightfully so, and has been banned several times.  Perhaps you could take the sage words of wisdom offered to him and send them you those who "need to be freed"

Don was a different beast altogether. He got banned with prejudice because he was stupid enough to bug Erik so many times both in the forum and in private emails, and the last time he tried to vehemently bad-mouth Dave Ferrell to Erik. Moreover his tirades had nothing to do with game development or SFC, he just liked to cuss people out.

A bit of a difference between him and what the people we're trying to get reinstated did.  

SSCF Hooch

« Reply #86 on: February 01, 2003, 12:01:06 pm »
Bump, I will not let this die. If you thought the post for J'inn was a bore, you ain't seen nothing yet.

Hooch

Blitzkrieg

« Reply #87 on: February 01, 2003, 12:25:24 pm »
LOL PLEASE SOMEONE LET THEM BACK IN - give them another chance so this topic can die. Lets face it, it wouldnt be hard to ban them again if need be.

LongTooth

« Reply #88 on: February 01, 2003, 12:55:03 pm »
Quote:

LOL PLEASE SOMEONE LET THEM BACK IN - give them another chance so this topic can die. Lets face it, it wouldnt be hard to ban them again if need be.  

I agree with blitzkrieg give them a second chance to be fair how many of us have given taldren a second chance I know I have

Blitzkrieg

« Reply #89 on: February 01, 2003, 03:29:53 pm »
Thats actually a good analagy in some respects, maybe they will get let back in when the patch arrives?

SSCF Hooch

« Reply #90 on: February 01, 2003, 06:11:39 pm »
Bump

Pirate

« Reply #91 on: February 01, 2003, 11:50:35 pm »
Come on Taldren let them in or tell or tell us why they are still baned  

RJHJ

« Reply #92 on: February 02, 2003, 03:37:26 am »
Bump to the top.

Let them in. Banning them forever is childish and stupid.

RJHJ  

SSCF Hooch

« Reply #93 on: February 02, 2003, 06:03:23 am »
nt

KATChuutRitt

« Reply #94 on: February 02, 2003, 06:50:14 am »
Quote:

Bump, I will not let this die. If you thought the post for J'inn was a bore, you ain't seen nothing yet.

Hooch  

Amen Brother Hooch Preach on!!!!

SSCF Hooch

Lets see here, what are the posted rules
« Reply #95 on: February 02, 2003, 09:46:25 am »
Quote:

Registration as a User implies acceptance of the following terms and conditions:

1. Participants shall not post any material likely to cause offence, that is protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right - without the express permission of the owner of such copyright - or that contains personal phone numbers or addresses.

2. Participants may not use the Forums to post or transmit advertisements or commercial solicitations of any kind.

3. The appropriate Forum Moderator has the right to edit, censor, delete or otherwise modify any posted message.

4. This web site does not verify or guarantee the accuracy of the material posted to the Forums or bear any responsibility for any loss, damage, or other liabilities caused by any posted message.

Now lets see what rules have been broken:

#1 Hmmm, guess many more need to be banned, including myself. I know of very few that have not offended at least one other person and since it says "likely" to offend which is a very subjective call then Taldren needs to get on with banning most of us.

#2 Better ban anyone who has advocated for their fleet or server or even suggested that they buy the games offered by this company or Activison since that constitues commercial solicitations.

#4  Standard "legal woohaa" so when Arabman calls for killing none islamic people that they are not sued for allowing it to remain posted. But let somebody complain about the game and even say that they should have done better, you will get banned.

Taldren, I dig both games. Heck I just bought another copy of III to give to a fleetmate. Thats makes three so far. I have brought many copies of II as gifts. I put my money where my mouth is.

What do I think... really, I think you are just being down right mean here. You could care less about me or my money or any good will that many of us have about your games. You have chosen to say "Tough nuggies you all, we ban who we wish, when we wish as we wish and you have nada to say about it".

How very sad.

I will never let this thread die, never. Ban me and another will step up. Why not just end this silly thing now.

Hooch

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by SSCF Hooch »

SSCF Hooch

« Reply #96 on: February 02, 2003, 11:15:13 am »
Another bump

ChrsLWlstr

« Reply #97 on: February 02, 2003, 01:44:34 pm »
Bump.

KATChuutRitt

« Reply #98 on: February 02, 2003, 05:23:44 pm »
Bump

Because its people that make this game what it is, regardless of the bugs.  

SSCF Hooch

« Reply #99 on: February 02, 2003, 08:51:21 pm »
Quote:

Bump

Because its people that make this game what it is, regardless of the bugs.  

Amen