Sorok

Re: D3
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2003, 11:10:55 am »
Hmm, The Patch.  Fascinating.  

::Raises Eyebrow ::  

Blitzkrieg

« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2003, 12:47:14 pm »
Yeah I would like to know if it still sucks in PvP because if it does I can still take it back.

Im not joking, I want to be able to fight reliably against other people! If this isnt possible then the game will be going back, quick quick before the friendly store manager suspects me of copying the game!

Hale

« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2003, 04:42:50 pm »
Thats what I'm looking for.    They can fix 99 out of 100 bugs, but if the 1 bug that's left ruins the experience, then thats all that matters.   If the patch is in its final testing phases, we should be able to get a semi-offical comment on the state of D3.  Unless the dynaverse isn't a priority again, as has happened before.  

Toasty0

« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2003, 05:02:15 pm »
Quote:

Thats what I'm looking for.    They can fix 99 out of 100 bugs, but if the 1 bug that's left ruins the experience, then thats all that matters.   If the patch is in its final testing phases, we should be able to get a semi-offical comment on the state of D3.  Unless the dynaverse isn't a priority again, as has happened before.  

It is my understanding that the D3 is being worked upon at a fevered pitch. Don't ask me for details because I couldn't say even if I knew.

Best,
Jerry  

laggy

« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2003, 04:17:27 am »
i hope the skirmish MP is sorted as well, gayspy gets on my nerve but i can put up with it if when you finally get a game/wait for load up etc. it would work.
i think what makes it even more annoying is that when you have a skirmish 2v2 or 3v3 or FFA with high amount of players etc. and it works its just soooo much fun once the authorities find out it will be made illegal.
on the odd occasions that it has worked the games usually are really close which you get less on D3, and its just so tense with 2 or 3 totally sh**ged up ships limping around frantically trying to get that 1 big volley in to finish other guy off before he does same to you.

at moment though its not worth trying at least 5 times to get 1 that works, especially as a fail means a system re-boot more often than not.

Hale

« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2003, 02:33:27 pm »
Any word on the patch this week?    

AAARGH

« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2003, 03:15:02 pm »
Does anyone have any idea when the patch is likely to be available?    

TheJudge

« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2003, 04:15:40 pm »
Quote:

Does anyone have any idea when the patch is likely to be available?    

Go to Walgreens/Costco/other name brand pharmacy and buy them.  They work real well..

Aldaron

« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2003, 07:06:43 pm »
SOON!    

Toasty0

« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2003, 07:53:05 pm »
Quote:

SOON!      

Into the agonizer booth with him. He used the most vile word "soon".  

TheSatyr

« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2003, 12:15:08 pm »
Was gonna type "soon" 100 times but then Toasty would have deleted my post...*LMAO*    

AAARGH

« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2003, 03:09:09 pm »
Soon relative to what? I mean, on the scale of time from the beginning of the universe to now another 300 million years is pretty soon. Are we talking days, weeks, months or years?    

Aenigma

« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2003, 03:09:29 pm »
I hope i get it for my birthday (feb 6). It would be the most kind thing ever given to me Until that time i lurk patiently.

Aenigma  

Artie

Re: The patch?
« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2003, 03:42:39 pm »
SFC3 Players: "When is the patch coming out?"

Activision/Taldren Jedi Executives: (waves hand) "The patch will be released soon."

(Note: As a result of the Star Wars reference made in a Star Trek forum, the universe colapses in on itself releasing tremendous
amounts of energy and ironically.... the patch.)  

Aldaron

« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2003, 03:50:07 pm »
Quote:

Soon relative to what? I mean, on the scale of time from the beginning of the universe to now another 300 million years is pretty soon. Are we talking days, weeks, months or years?    

Yes. (in best Kosh voice)

korus

« Reply #56 on: January 28, 2003, 04:02:11 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Yes. (in best Kosh voice)  

*Sheridan's Voice:*

I hate it when you do that....

Korus  

Toasty0

« Reply #57 on: January 28, 2003, 04:07:10 pm »
Quote:

I hope i get it for my birthday (feb 6). It would be the most kind thing ever given to me Until that time i lurk patiently.

Aenigma  

Hmmmm...I wouldn't know for sure, but...well, as Spock would say, "It is, Captain, like anything, within the realm of possibilities."

Best,
Jerry  

Hale

« Reply #58 on: January 28, 2003, 04:33:42 pm »
So any more offical comments about D3 PVP being reliable after the patch?  

I broke down and bought the game and upgrading to DX9, as suggested by Taldren, didn't do squat as far as improving reliability.   Why do we need 3 countdown/loading screens anyway?  More points of failure?    

Vortox

« Reply #59 on: January 29, 2003, 12:47:14 am »
Hmmm~ so where is the patch...lol  I sure hope it come really soon.  I am really depress from all the DLL errors...and sync errors...LOL  Darn computer.

*Beam me the patch scotty"