Topic: OP+ shiplist 2.2 now up!  (Read 15259 times)

FireSoul

OP+ shiplist 2.2 now up!
« on: July 17, 2003, 02:40:56 pm »
With the release of the OP Patch 2.5.4.10, I can release the next version of the OP+ shiplist.

Downloadable:
 http://klingon.stasis.ca/OP_plusrefit/opplus_22.exe

Site, and FAQ:
 http://klingon.stasis.ca/OP_plusrefit/

Stats:
Quote:

The original SFC:OP shiplist has 2370 ship entries.
The OP Plus Refit shiplist has 4062 ship entries.

.. that's almost 1700 additional ships the the shiplist.txt file.

Now I know that some of you have been waiting for this too. Well, here it is. I'm proud to present this shiplist with a very easy to use installer. (Thanks NullSoft!  ).

Changes since version 2.1c (20030503):
 http://klingon.stasis.ca/OP_plusrefit/changes_from_2.1c_to_2.2.txt

-- Luc

PS: I recommend installing AFTER the patch is applied.  
« Last Edit: July 17, 2003, 02:47:39 pm by FireSoul »

AdmiralFrey_XC

Re: OP+ shiplist 2.2 now up!
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2003, 02:44:15 pm »
OHHH YEAH !!

I'm going to head to GSA and start up a room!

WOOT !!

Thanks for all your hard work on this, and many other things FireSoul - you are a truly valuable community member.

Regards,

CptCastrin

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2003, 02:49:20 pm »
Don't forget to update your info on SFCx.net.  

FireSoul

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2003, 03:06:28 pm »
Quote:

Don't forget to update your info on SFCx.net.  

Done. Now it's up to you to clear out the old one, check the new one.. and maybe post a news entry for it.

-- Luc

CptCastrin

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2003, 03:18:12 pm »
Done and done!  

Great work FS, can't wait to play with this puppy.  

Sten

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2003, 03:21:54 pm »
From what I have looked over of the new shiplist good job Firesoul.

Sten

Reptor7

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2003, 04:32:37 pm »
Thanks, Firesoul!  

Corbomite

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2003, 05:33:42 pm »
Thank you very much. Great work.

Tumulorum Fossor

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2003, 06:52:28 pm »
Hey, FS!  Thanks for everything!

Quick question:  I have a batch file that automates the process for me in going from default to OP+ shiplist.  Usually with OP+ updates, I'd simply port the latest ftrlist, shiplist, shipnames, strings.txt files into a folder I created called "OP+" in the assets directory, where my batch file knew to always be able to access them for the sake of altering the game (I also created an "OP" folder wherein I kept the originals to switch back).

Can I simply set my OP back to default, install the 2.2 shiplist using the auto installer, and then access the ftrlist, shiplist, shipnames, and strings files that had just been installed and use THOSE as the source for the new OP+ text files?

In other words, your autoinstaller does the exact same thing that we were doing before?  No new files or new directories to install to?

Thanks!

-TF  

FireSoul

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2003, 07:03:40 pm »
try installing to a different directory and copying the files from there.

IndyShark

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2003, 07:19:17 pm »
Way cool, thanks Firesoul! This rocks

Tumulorum Fossor

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2003, 08:54:50 pm »
Thanks, FS!

Installing to a different directory and pulling out the Big Four Text Files was the ticket.

By the way, one could EASILY just move their file opplus_22.exe into their Orion Pirates folder, put a link under their Start>Program>Orion Pirates, renaming it "OP+ Shiplist," then put another shortcut link to the file "opplus_uninstall.exe" (created during the OPPlus installation in the "Starfleet Command Orion PIrates" folder), ALSO under their Start>Program>Orion Pirates, renaming it "OP Shiplist," and can easily switch between the two shiplists painlessly.

But I seriously doubt there will be much demand for switching out of the OP+ shiplist!  

Thanks, again, FS!

-TF

dderidex

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2003, 11:13:43 pm »
Sweet, so when do we get a D2 server with this and the new patch on it?

Second question (since I haven't opened it yet - still waiting on patch download):

How many different ship models did you use?  Or, is this all still pointing at the stock folders?

Just curious, I'd like to use a common shiplist again (rather than my custom one), but I had different hulls for the NCA vs the NCL, for example.  Taldren's default has the same model used for both.

You follow Taldren in that matter?  Or, do you take a few changes to break out hull types more?

Just wondering.

Tulwar

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2003, 11:20:57 pm »
How do you get back to the stock ship list?  Do I have to dig it out of my backups?  

FireSoul

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2003, 11:46:42 pm »
This is an exe installer. By uninstalling through normal means, it will restore the shiplists that were in place.

As for models, not in this version. C'mon, at 224kb, you think it contains anything else?
When I do a version with models included, you'll know just by the filesize. I intend to do as well as I can with the available materials.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2003, 11:47:58 pm by FireSoul »

Cleaven

« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2003, 02:36:24 am »
Of course you could just use the installer to make copies of existing directories and let the individual replace models as desired. But you probably need some time off for good behaviour first, before embarking on that.  

dderidex

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2003, 09:25:35 am »
That's more what I was thinking.  Something like the NCL and NCA *should* be able to have seperate models, so just have the installer copy the NCL folder to NCA, and rename some files in it (NCL.mod to NCA.mod, for example).

Then, point the NCA hulls as the new 'NCA' folder instead of the 'NCL' folder.  That way, modders can replace the NCAs with a different hull than the NCLs without having to use a custom shiplist.

FireSoul

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2003, 12:13:00 pm »
Setting it up so that other people can do their own models? That seems like a lot of second-guessing and work..

Tumulorum Fossor

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2003, 01:53:35 pm »
My biggest desire in having FireSoul put his weight behind legitimizing a model list is that it continues the spirit of his shiplist:

Translating SFB over to SFC while still maintaining the unique SFC feel to things.  Keeping it all relative.

To that end, how individuals select their own models does directly affect [albeit minimally] how the game is played.  With the right choice of model, one could easily configure one's SFC to reveal more information than one deserves early on in a match.  In other words, I could make all DRONE ships, say, BLUE models.  So regardless of what I'm picking up on my TacIntel, just by looking at my PC screen I can immediately tell something about my opponent.  So it's kind of cheesy (albeit, as I said, of limited effect ultmately).

Since SFB has definitive listings for HULL TYPES, one can definitely make some generalizations as to which models correspond to which SFB-Hull Types, and take it from there, thereby allowing some variety in models, but adhering to some common standard that enhances the gaming experience for everyone.

That's my take on it.  (BTW, FireSoul, let me know if there's anything I can do to help if you decide to incorporate models... grunt-work kind of stuff ).

-TF  

dderidex

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2003, 02:35:55 pm »
Quote:

Since SFB has definitive listings for HULL TYPES, one can definitely make some generalizations as to which models correspond to which SFB-Hull Types, and take it from there,

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Not having a new model for each ship - that would be way too much work, obviously, not least of all for those of us replacing the models with higher detail ones.

Just break them down by hull type.  SFC doesn't do a bad job, but, if I had to guess, I'd say SFB has about 50% more hull types in each race than SFC does.  (IE., SFC pretty much just has a model for the FF, DD, CL, CA, DN, XDD, XCA).  Some races (Romulans) have more, some races (Lyrans and Gorn) have less.

I'm saying just break them down by SFB hull type more.  For the Feds in SFC, that's pretty much means things like, break the 'NCL' hull down to just the NCLs.  This means breaking out into new hull just the NCA.  I think that's it.

The Fed 'DD' hull should just represent the DD.  The DW is a different hull, as is the HDW and the old CL.

See where we are going?  SFB has a 'TacIntel' appendix that lists the ships by basic hull type.

Hell, you wouldn't even have to go THAT far.

Check out the online list of the 'Master Ship Charts'.

Pretty much, just one hull for each ship section.  As you can see, for most races, that really isn't a lot more hull types that are already in SFC for them.