Topic: TNG Andor-Class Torpedo Cruiser  (Read 10914 times)

Rod O'neal

Re: TNG Andor-Class Torpedo Cruiser
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2003, 08:06:28 pm »
I wouldn't change the original drawing for the mesh. Of course, it's not my model I do like the 2 sets of txtrs idea, though. I like the idea of the Andorian (or Atolmian) textures to give it some racial identity. I realise though that some folks want their Feds in "one flavor".  

Azel

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2003, 08:07:47 am »
Has no one have any comments to the Andorian signage or the alternate necelle placement???
Oh if anyone sees Capt. Korah...Tell him That we have a go  

Azel

« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2003, 09:41:19 pm »
Bump for info  

Azel

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2003, 09:37:55 pm »
Bump again...lol  

Reverend

« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2003, 11:49:43 am »
bumpity-bump  

Klingon Fanatic

« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2003, 11:54:19 am »
Quote:

Has no one have any comments to the Andorian signage or the alternate necelle placement???
Oh if anyone sees Capt. Korah...Tell him That we have a go  

Looks good to me for a TNG design. Its nice that somebody wishes to keep the Andorians in the front of TNG Consciousness. We can't just let ENTERPRISE  and FASA Trek give them all their glory! Naturally, you'll have to do TNG versions of the Thurfir, Lenthal and Northampton too ... BEWARE: The BLUE FLEET approaches.

Qapla!

KF

Azel

« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2003, 02:09:04 am »

Quote:

Naturally, you'll have to do TNG versions of the Thurfir, Lenthal and Northampton too ... BEWARE: The BLUE FLEET approaches.

Qapla!

KF  

UH OH...LOL
maybe  

Rod O'neal

« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2003, 11:27:55 pm »
Any news!?!  

Azel

« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2003, 03:09:03 pm »
Small update...I did this pic yesterday...sorry I left my refference pics at home(I was at a BBQ while doing this )
so the details are alittle off...but you'll get the idea:)
Enjoy

Klingon Fanatic

« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2003, 03:45:31 pm »
BUMP!

I like the revised version better. I like the new arrangement of the engines. A+ for original thinking!

KF

Marauth

« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2003, 04:00:33 pm »
I dunno, I still prefer the left-right arrangement, they're meant to be that way so the ship can steer at warp anyway but I just think it looks better with them side by side.

Azel

« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2003, 01:07:58 pm »
Bump for news on the mesh  

Captain KoraH

« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2003, 03:38:09 pm »
It's going a lot slower than I anticipated, mainly because im not used to meshing Feds, but I have the entire saucer section completed, and working on the secondary hull now.  

Azel

« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2003, 04:20:09 pm »
Nice

Rod O'neal

« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2003, 06:45:27 pm »
Quote:

It's going a lot slower than I anticipated, mainly because im not used to meshing Feds, but I have the entire saucer section completed, and working on the secondary hull now.  

Thanks for the update. I'm really looking forward to having this one and was getting a bit antsy  

Azel

« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2003, 02:42:58 pm »
Bump for update???  

Captain KoraH

« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2003, 05:22:14 pm »
This model is really turning out to be a pain to mesh, mostly because of all the curved surfaces. I have found that if I make the model exactly like the drawing, it would easily be over 10,000polys! So I'm cutting some corners here and there, and using a few kitbash techniques to try and get the look right without using 1,000's of polys. I think it's going well so far. Finished the secondary hull today.  

E_Look

« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2003, 07:21:55 pm »
You guys are amazing!

Rod O'neal

« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2003, 10:38:39 pm »
Quote:

This model is really turning out to be a pain to mesh, mostly because of all the curved surfaces. I have found that if I make the model exactly like the drawing, it would easily be over 10,000polys! So I'm cutting some corners here and there, and using a few kitbash techniques to try and get the look right without using 1,000's of polys. I think it's going well so far. Finished the secondary hull today.  

I appreciate all the effort that you're putting into this. It's a nice looking concept and it'll be great to have it reasonably low poly for game play. Sounds like I shouldn't shrink it down and use it as a PF though.  

Mackie

« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2003, 12:05:28 am »
dont worry about the polycount korah, once youre done with it send it my way and ill cut it down a bit  
(a lightwave tool called Qemloss3, very efficient tool)