Topic: Galaxies at War (The mod)  (Read 30485 times)

Desty_Nova

Re: Galaxies at War
« Reply #120 on: November 08, 2003, 05:18:53 pm »
Hey Thu11s! I've always loved your ships for SFC2, it would be great to have you onboard for this! Please share you new ship ideas, I'd really love to see em! Especially the Lyrans and Hydrans.

Klingon Fanatic

« Reply #121 on: November 08, 2003, 05:53:05 pm »
Just got the OK from Kt'Hyla to get some new Romulan shuttle/fighters converted to .mod format.

Kt'Hyla brought us the Orion Pirate raider Sortrex.

Check out these cool models:

http://www.angelfire.com/trek/phoenixx/phoenix.htm
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Klingon Fanatic »

DonKarnage

« Reply #122 on: November 08, 2003, 09:15:06 pm »
i did  reply and deleted my reply earlyer because of problem with my isps, now i keep my old isp.  

i consider that all the stuff from eras of war to be mine since the owner of eras of war have deleted is site and there no name for the kitbashing or maker of the model (unless he or she claime it) m ready to offer any mod to the game if any mod are wanted, if the do belong to someone and claiming them i would like to know it and try to make and offer on them or having the permission to offer them to the game.

Potemkin

« Reply #123 on: November 08, 2003, 09:45:39 pm »

Quote:

I'm redoing my Gorn ships at the moment (similar to the SFB Gorn but taking Mon Calamari influences with bumps over them etc). Also got sketches for updated Lyran's, a bit more SFB than the current ones and all scratch built. Also got some ideas for some updated Hydrans. Depends what kind of direction you want to take it, ie, totally based on SFB and those style of ships (my preference!).

Good to hear that Thu11s (how does one say that?).

I prefer the Lyran SFB ships to the SFC - the claws and heads just don't do justice.

Keep Charging!  

Po~  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Potemkin »

Rod O'neal

« Reply #124 on: November 08, 2003, 09:51:54 pm »
Quote:

Hey peeps

Seems I'm a bit late, but I'm happy to help where I can, be it making ships, designing 'em or doing website stuff.

Been kinda wrapped up doing stuff for BF1942, mainly playing! but also doing some map stuff etc. I see everyone is concentrating (so far) on the Andro's, and other minor races, so I'm happy to take up the mantle on some of the other ones. I'm redoing my Gorn ships at the moment (similar to the SFB Gorn but taking Mon Calamari influences with bumps over them etc). Also got sketches for updated Lyran's, a bit more SFB than the current ones and all scratch built. Also got some ideas for some updated Hydrans. Depends what kind of direction you want to take it, ie, totally based on SFB and those style of ships (my preference!).

Anyway, let me know if i can help, always happy to lend a hand

Thu11s  

I can't wait to see your new models!!! It'll be terrific to have you work on this with all of us. Now I know why they put this animated smiley on here.      

Potemkin

Re: Galaxies at War - The Races
« Reply #125 on: November 08, 2003, 09:53:11 pm »
Do we want to include races outside of SFB?

Are we interested in races created/submitted to SFB, but never added to the game?

Po~  

Rod O'neal

« Reply #126 on: November 08, 2003, 10:09:49 pm »
Well, all the slots are taken. I was thinking that maybe we could do something different with the Neutral race to give the AI something original and surprising. Maybe something from the "Simulator Races" (module C4) or whatever. No PFs can go there though. The Neutral is the "Universal" ftr race host.

Right now I'm up to my rear in ships specs that need to be added. I'm doing the Andros and the Tholians right now. When It gets mundane working on one I switch to the other. I still have all the Seltorian specs to do as well.    

Marauth

« Reply #127 on: November 08, 2003, 10:11:17 pm »
Yo dudes, not sure how I can help (if at all) but I'd like to do something for the GAW project, I can't model or textures from scratch obviously but I could help with other more tedious stuff like specs. Oh and since no one else has mentioned them (I don't think) I could do the retextures for the WYN ships (the non-fish ships like the Kzinti, Orion and Lyran ships) as a test I did up a version of the WYN destroyer from Thu11s' old Leopard and if he's doing new Lyrans I could do the LDR ships from them aswell (same as the WYN from those new Kzinti - Mirak DO NOT EXIST LOL...) Just trying to find some way I can help out.

Potemkin

Models
« Reply #128 on: November 08, 2003, 10:31:02 pm »
Nice re-work on those Gorn and Romulan ships!!  

Impressive!

Err, I might be mistaken, but I don't think the LDR had dreadnaughts or battleships (but they look good anyway!)

Po~

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Potemkin »

Potemkin

« Reply #129 on: November 09, 2003, 12:32:33 am »

Quote:

Well, all the slots are taken. I was thinking that maybe we could do something different with the Neutral race to give the AI something original and surprising. Maybe something from the "Simulator Races" (module C4) or whatever. No PFs can go there though. The Neutral is the "Universal" ftr race host.

Not like I've got this other race sitting in my back pocket (ouch! - hey, quite that!)

Okay, maybe I do.  I have but one model for the Battlecruiser and no skin or texture.   It is in the early stages of life.  Done in 3D Max.  One day I will have to find it and post it.

Po~    

Desty_Nova

« Reply #130 on: November 09, 2003, 12:56:40 am »
Cool, I'd like to see it sometime.

Klingon Fanatic

« Reply #131 on: November 09, 2003, 06:27:52 am »
Quote:

Right now I'm up to my rear in ships specs that need to be added. I'm doing the Andros and the Tholians right now. When It gets mundane working on one I switch to the other. I still have all the Seltorian specs to do as well.    

Again, I've been thinking about freeing up this slot for a playble pirate cartel as the true Neutral pirate race is unplayable.

Kol Korgath would probably put his ambitions aside long enough to insure the SURVIVAL of the Klingon Empire against the Andromedans. Not much point in trying to take over the Empire if it no longer exists. Besides, if I were Kol Korgath, this might be the opportunity to present myself as a hero of the Empire who took action while the High Council fumbled over what to do.... Naturally, he won't take suicide missions or over extend HIS resources, however, he could provide tactical  information to the High Command (w/ or without treacherous intentions). Then again, I don't know anything about SFB's Kol Korgath, he could be a cowardly SOB for all I know.

Comments?

KF

Klingon Fanatic

« Reply #132 on: November 09, 2003, 07:50:27 am »
A proposed Romulan shiplist (BASE)

Rationale: The Romulans leap ahead of the other races technologically (E.g., RIS Melak) but don?t have the resources to exploit that edge in late TMP times. Also, as the Romulans completely modernize their fleet they unilaterally end their dependence on Klingon designed hulls.

RBB: D2 RBB by Atrahasis

RDN: King Condor by Thulls

RBC: Killer Hawk by Atrahasis Retextured by me

RCX: Killer Hawk by Thulls retextured by Ganymad

RCA: Winged Defender P81

RCL: White Wind by P81

RDX: Praex REC by Moonraker (refits/upgrades make this a heavy cruiser in Frigate clothing)

RDD: Legion by Moonraker retextured by me.

RDE: T-10 by Atrahasis

RBS: ST: Armada 1 (?Y? shaped base w/no ships) conversion by DarkMatrix

RSB: Stock, I like it.

RDK: Romulan Nova by P81

RDP: Romulan defense satellite by WZ45 in Chris Jones? TMP mod for OP

RFA: Romulan freighter conversion from ST: Armada 2 by DarkMatrix

RFR: Romulan Gallant Wing by P81

RFT: Stock

RMS: ST: Armada 2 Romulan worker-bee-like shuttle conversion by DarkMatrix

RLN: Sparrow Hawk by Thulls

OPTIONAL:

R-Monitor * Early TNG Kerchan conversion by Anduril*

R-Tug * Romulan Whipoorwill by Jeff Wallace (Manta pirate ship) retextured by me

WISHLIST:

Romulan Melak as RCX

Kt'Hyla?s armed shuttles

Stylsy

« Reply #133 on: November 09, 2003, 10:44:50 am »
Hey guys,

Anyone on the team who hasn't signed up over at the GaW forum, PM or email me for the addy.

I'll have a working website soon, as well as public forums for the mod.

Atrahasis

« Reply #134 on: November 09, 2003, 10:48:16 am »
Btw if people want to use my models for this they can, but if you let me know which ones I'll bea able to make LOD's for them, which would improve the gameplay. I might recommend to everyone that if you want a really pro production, a lot of the ships would do well with LOD's.  

Desty_Nova

« Reply #135 on: November 09, 2003, 04:28:03 pm »
Thanks Atra!

Klingon Fanatic

« Reply #136 on: November 09, 2003, 05:04:42 pm »
Quote:

Btw if people want to use my models for this they can, but if you let me know which ones I'll bea able to make LOD's for them, which would improve the gameplay. I might recommend to everyone that if you want a really pro production, a lot of the ships would do well with LOD's.  

Truly awesome and inspiring news! Thank you Atrahasis!

KF

DarkMatrix

« Reply #137 on: November 10, 2003, 05:36:06 am »

I know KF will want these for the klingon fleet just got to tidy them up abit and clean up the textures

and i`d like to add these to the isc lineup what you guys think??

DM

Toasty0

« Reply #138 on: November 10, 2003, 06:08:06 am »
I'm impressed if that counts.
Best,
Jerry  

TheStressPuppy

« Reply #139 on: November 10, 2003, 09:47:51 am »
:eek: This is the most ambitious mod project ive ever seen! (Yea, i know, ive been living in a cave the last few months). My HW:cataclysim mod is based (very loosly) on the andro invasion But to see it unfolding here before my eyes on SFC?! These are very exciting times for the game. I loved the andros in SFB...always got my ass kicked by them lol  IF you want to use any of my ships, feel free (tho im assuming this is a TMP era mod, and all my stuff is TOS)  Funny thing is ive been working on a classic andro intruder off n on. do you have completed models? maybe i can contribute a mesh or 2