Topic: Galaxies at War (The mod)  (Read 31397 times)

Thu11s

Re: Galaxies at War
« Reply #140 on: November 10, 2003, 10:04:31 am »
Posted some piccies of the updated Lyran's and Gorn's I'm working on, see them:

Here

Give your opinions, are they completely un TMP, just naff or what ever

Thu11s  

Kaenyne

« Reply #141 on: November 10, 2003, 10:58:03 am »
Oh yes!

Great stuff here!

Me want more Klingons and ISC ships!

They all look grrrrrreat!

Klingon Fanatic

« Reply #142 on: November 10, 2003, 11:26:03 am »
Quote:

:eek: This is the most ambitious mod project ive ever seen! (Yea, i know, ive been living in a cave the last few months). My HW:cataclysim mod is based (very loosly) on the andro invasion But to see it unfolding here before my eyes on SFC?! These are very exciting times for the game. I loved the andros in SFB...always got my ass kicked by them lol  IF you want to use any of my ships, feel free (tho im assuming this is a TMP era mod, and all my stuff is TOS)  Funny thing is ive been working on a classic andro intruder off n on. do you have completed models? maybe i can contribute a mesh or 2  

I'd love to see your FBB in TMP form.

Thulls,

I think ALL your stuff would be great for X-era/ GaW!

DM,

Those Klinks  and ISC are certainly a step up from  what we've had before!

KF

« Last Edit: November 10, 2003, 11:29:18 am by Klingon Fanatic »

Rod O'neal

« Reply #143 on: November 10, 2003, 12:52:09 pm »
StressPuppy,
Desty Nova has an SFB site that you might like to see. Some Andros, as well as a lot of other new models there.

Ships of the Starfleet Universe    

DarkMatrix

« Reply #144 on: November 10, 2003, 02:25:49 pm »
darkfleet (klingons) and isc are ready to go now all cleaned up and ready to be added

DM

DarkMatrix

« Reply #145 on: November 10, 2003, 02:26:55 pm »
Quote:

Posted some piccies of the updated Lyran's and Gorn's I'm working on, see them:

Here

Give your opinions, are they completely un TMP, just naff or what ever

Thu11s    

nice to see you back man

we love some new lyran and gorn for the mod

DM

Karnak

« Reply #146 on: November 10, 2003, 04:20:16 pm »
Everyone please give a warm welcome to AdmiralFrey_XC, who will be the official server sponsor of GAWtm dyna campaign, to our Development Team.

Desty_Nova

« Reply #147 on: November 10, 2003, 04:33:30 pm »
Stresspuppy:

It would be awesome if you could contribute to the mod! Maybe we could use your phase 2 Endeavour?

Thu11s:

OH MY GOD Those ships are so awesome!!! I utterly LOVE that Lyran, it's soooo sweet. And the Gorn! They're both so cool! Please, finish them! They are freaking great!!!  

Crimmy

« Reply #148 on: November 10, 2003, 04:56:35 pm »
Man...I feel like a kid again looking forward to christmass....rather than christmass bills...

This is awesome....simply awesome...

Rod O'neal

« Reply #149 on: November 10, 2003, 05:06:45 pm »
Quote:

Everyone please give a warm welcome to AdmiralFrey_XC, who will be the official server sponsor of GAWtm dyna campaign, to our Development Team.  

Admiral on the bridge. Welcome aboard  

Potemkin

« Reply #150 on: November 10, 2003, 09:37:34 pm »
I know a lot of work has gone into these models - and they look good.  I'll be glad to remove them from the galaxy!  

I was wondering if anybody has made ISC ships as SFB portrayed them?  

Po~  

sandman69247

« Reply #151 on: November 11, 2003, 01:18:01 am »
Since y'all are doing TMP, if you want to use my FASA Remora, it's yours.  

TheStressPuppy

« Reply #152 on: November 11, 2003, 04:47:06 pm »
Quote:

Stresspuppy:

It would be awesome if you could contribute to the mod! Maybe we could use your phase 2 Endeavour?

Thu11s:

OH MY GOD Those ships are so awesome!!! I utterly LOVE that Lyran, it's soooo sweet. And the Gorn! They're both so cool! Please, finish them! They are freaking great!!!  

You want to use the Endeavour go right ahead  I made a Phase 2 Eagle class kitbash of her ill gladly donate if you want to use it
  http://www.thegamingunion.co.uk/Forum/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=10;t=000484 see this thread for WIP's
Q: are there gonna be any TOS ships used? and how much if any of the mod is complete so far? (cant seem to find the site for it)  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by TheStressPuppy »

Rogue

« Reply #153 on: November 11, 2003, 08:15:44 pm »
OMG... that phase 2 Ark Royal is awesome. Is this where I say pretty please with sugar on top? I like it!  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Rogue »

NightStalker-SFC3

« Reply #154 on: November 11, 2003, 09:44:27 pm »
Those Klingon and ISC ships look cool! Especially the ISC ships!!!

I have read about people concerned with accurately representing the Andromedans to show how formidable they are as an opponent. Some people were worried that the Orion Pirates game cannot show all the weapons and accurately represent their shielding. I also read someone saying that the Andromedans are the Borg of the SFB universe. If this is the case then why not try to balance the Andromedans in a similar fashion to the way the Borg were balanced in SFC3? I admit I was one of the people that did not like the fact that the Borg did not have adaptive shields in the game, but after playing the game for a while it did not bother me as much.

I hope this helps.  

Potemkin

« Reply #155 on: November 12, 2003, 12:57:38 am »
Desty_Nova

I've copied all the Andro history/story from this thread - but will likely need more.  Is there a resource online that has the entire Andromedan History?

Also - need a list of all Andro ships.  I saw that there are three DN variants to go with the Dominator - though I have no specs on them - and suspect the other classes have more also.  Believe it or not, the "newest" Andro ship I saw was the Eel!

Hope to hear from y'all soon.  

Po~  

Bonk

Re: Galaxies at War (The mod)
« Reply #156 on: November 13, 2003, 05:34:41 pm »
I made a similar attempt using all the old models from fleetdock13 (and a few others) - I wanted it to have that SFB feel... It worked out pretty well but is still unfinshed... perhaps the shiplist would be a helpful example for this project however. I can offer some assistance to this project if desired but can't really promise any serious commitment.

If you want to check out my SFB OP Mod the info is here:  SFB OP Mod '03b - New and Improved!
(the stock files it restores on uninstall are still good on 2.5.5.2...)  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Bonk »

Desty_Nova

« Reply #157 on: November 13, 2003, 07:41:02 pm »
Quote:

Desty_Nova

I've copied all the Andro history/story from this thread - but will likely need more.  Is there a resource online that has the entire Andromedan History?

Also - need a list of all Andro ships.  I saw that there are three DN variants to go with the Dominator - though I have no specs on them - and suspect the other classes have more also.  Believe it or not, the "newest" Andro ship I saw was the Eel!

Hope to hear from y'all soon.  

Po~    

There's no resource that I'm aware of that has the entire Andro timeline online. I know quite a bit though, so I offer all the information I have.

Also, I recently scanned many of the SSD's for the unusual Andromedan variants to send to Rod O'Neal for specs. If you want, I could send them to you as well. What's your e-mail address?  

Klingon Fanatic

« Reply #158 on: November 13, 2003, 08:29:48 pm »
Well initial Beta Testing has begun on Tholian and Andromedan specs. Hang on folks this could be a bumpy ride

Good thinking Rod O' Neal for using the STOCK Ships for the initial Beta Test. The naming conventions are easy enough to substitute other models as desired.

At any rate, Here are two quick screenshots using your Beta Satellite Ships version. NOTE: the SPACE MOD is from SFC3 w/ some of James Formo's space backgrounds.

Now to get Desty_Nova to get Conquerer New Heavy Cruiser: (conjectural) and the Andromedan Starbase he's working on ready.... Mwah ha ha!

Qapla!

KF

Desty_Nova

« Reply #159 on: November 13, 2003, 08:53:31 pm »
Well, I just shot Starforce2 a note reminding him to post the latest files. The Conqueror will be up soon. As for the Starbase, wait and see what I have in store for it.