Topic: Galaxies at War (The mod)  (Read 30478 times)

Rod O'neal

Re: Galaxies at War
« Reply #320 on: June 18, 2004, 10:16:48 pm »
Thanks for the link. Good info.  

Offline Darkdrone

• Drone
  • Lt.
  • Unimatrix One
    • Unimatrix One
Re: Galaxies at War (The mod)
« Reply #321 on: June 30, 2004, 03:07:34 am »
bump to page one

can someone stick this for the Gaw guys please

DD

Offline Stylsy

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #322 on: June 30, 2004, 03:58:11 am »
Looks like my posts from the last few Taldren days didn't make it.

I'm willing to make a new website on my webspace, and help test the mod and use the betas to show people what we are up to. I could also recommend models to use.

Offline Rod ONeal

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
« Reply #323 on: June 30, 2004, 11:40:35 am »
I'm trying very hard to get a beta ready. I was actually hoping to have something today. I still am. Although it's looking like it might not quite be ready. It depends on how much actual time I can spend on it and how my concentration holds up.

I will put up a version that uses mostly stock models. The "new races" models will have to be included, but the original races will use stock models. I figured that the others who have been involved in this could pick custom models for them. I'll have a folder in the models directory for all of the new models with renamed stockers to hold the places. Just replace them with the customs. If there are additional variants that you all want to add, that can be worked out for a final version.

I'm hoping to keep this upload as compact as possible to make it easy to try out. Just the modified specfiles and the needed additional models.

Well, back to work. 8)   
If Romulans aren't cowards, then why do they taste like chicken?

Offline Merlinfmct87

• When I am dead, I hope it is said, 'His sins were scarlet and his books were read'. --Hillaire Belloc
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Riding Headfirst into a Hurricane...
« Reply #324 on: June 30, 2004, 12:50:18 pm »
I'm trying very hard to get a beta ready. I was actually hoping to have something today. I still am. Although it's looking like it might not quite be ready. It depends on how much actual time I can spend on it and how my concentration holds up.

I will put up a version that uses mostly stock models. The "new races" models will have to be included, but the original races will use stock models. I figured that the others who have been involved in this could pick custom models for them. I'll have a folder in the models directory for all of the new models with renamed stockers to hold the places. Just replace them with the customs. If there are additional variants that you all want to add, that can be worked out for a final version.

I'm hoping to keep this upload as compact as possible to make it easy to try out. Just the modified specfiles and the needed additional models.

Well, back to work. 8)   

Best of luck. I've got to get back to my ships as well...

Merlin
Learned the Heart's Filthy Lesson from Joshua Watcher.

The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world own shame.
-Oscar Wilde

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'
-Bob Newhart

Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent.
-Victor Hugo

He Took it all too far..but boy could he play guitar
-David Bowie, Ziggy Stardust

Offline Stylsy

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #325 on: June 30, 2004, 02:36:03 pm »
Sounds great!

Offline KBF-Crim

• 1st Deacon ,Church of Taldren
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
  • Crim,son of Rus'l
« Reply #326 on: July 01, 2004, 12:54:25 pm »
Cool...glad to hear this wasnt derailed...

Now if we could only get code and do andros and tholians for real... ::)

Offline KBF-Nail

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #327 on: July 21, 2004, 09:19:04 pm »
That Would Be Great. 

;D

Offline Rod ONeal

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
« Reply #328 on: July 21, 2004, 11:03:18 pm »
Cool...glad to hear this wasnt derailed...

Now if we could only get code and do andros and tholians for real... ::)

Man, if we could I'd never buy or play another combat sim again. I was wondering, does anyone know what the cost of getting Discreet to do a script for Gmax for a game is, like their "Tempest" plugin? If Quicksilver doesn't want their source code made public, maybe we could go this route. I had heard the figure of $10,000.00 mentioned once. I have no idea if that's correct or not. That would allow for so many things, not the least of which would be a modeling plugin for Gmax. From what I understand you can have any part of the game that you want accessible through a windows type GUI. Even an idiot like me could have fun with that.

Just dreamimg here. ::) In the meantime, yeap, work continues on. I spent a few hours on it today. I spend a few hours on it almost everyday. I'm actually starting to run out of stuff that needs to be done. A bit of fine tuning and looking for errors is about all that's left.
If Romulans aren't cowards, then why do they taste like chicken?

Offline Stylsy

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #329 on: July 22, 2004, 01:03:49 pm »
Looking forward to seeing it Rod!