Topic: U.s.s. Enterprise J  (Read 9831 times)

Capt_Spade

Re: U.s.s. Enterprise J
« Reply #60 on: March 09, 2004, 05:30:43 am »
Yes you are correct red, the Navy's history of the name Enterprise or Big E which it is known (the Navy does call her this) has been used since ships have saild the seas. From the old wooden battleships of old times past to the world war aircraft carrier (I believe designated CV 6) to the present day neuclear aircraft carrier designated CVN 65 (the worlds first neuclear ship) but no, they have never put a letter at the end of her name. The Big E (CVN 65)  has roughly 7 more years left of her designated 50 year lifespan till she is supposed to be decomissioned. Will her name be carried on? Only time will tell. Just a litte info to put out there from someone who has been a crew of the Enterprise.  

Ryker

Re: U.S.S. Enterprise-J
« Reply #61 on: March 09, 2004, 07:36:31 am »
Just saw this reply to that Dom Wars thread- it looks like that untextured mesh is actually the real deal:

Quote:

By: myemailaddie
 Posted: Mar 9 2004, 12:11 AM

that's a model of the image shown by the star trek people who make Enterprise in that episode - it was on the TV and he made a model of it... just to clarify

Now we just need some to texture it

Dom Wars thread about this is  HERE    
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Ryker »

olbuzzard

« Reply #62 on: March 09, 2004, 06:58:41 pm »
Sorry Ryker..  I still dont like it...  Too much like a glorified flying saucer ..  Azels idea of the nacelles is still 100% better.

He also did an excellent job on a "projected" texture too !!

( just my opinion...  )  

Azel

« Reply #63 on: March 09, 2004, 07:36:43 pm »

Quote:

Hey guys

almost have an update, I have the saucer finished and the necelle pylons, at the moment im learning spline caging so I can work on the necelles and secondary hull. I can only work on the ship on my days off (Tuesdays and Weekends) coz I have college/ work and a social life

I'll post alittle somethin tomorrow

im using Azels drawings as my backgrounds in 3d studio max 3 so the ship will look exactly like the drawning  

Cannot wait

Quote:

Sorry Ryker.. I still dont like it... Too much like a glorified flying saucer .. Azels idea of the nacelles is still 100% better.

He also did an excellent job on a "projected" texture too !!

( just my opinion... )  

Thanks mate

I like Ryker's posted concept...alot of the major details are (at least to me, in what I have seen ...and from what I have gathered) not correct...But I do like this concept too...possibly another contempory

I think that everyone that has tried this design is at least in part correct in an aspect of the shape...and have seen the design in different ways according to different prefferences in starship philosophy...the truth of the ship's shape is probably between us
I mean I am sure that my side veiw is off...in its height(I am currently reworking it)...and I do strongly believe that the ship is just (in all bluntness) a TNG-ized NX-01 (not nessesarily a bad thing)...so Croesus, if you are reading this cut down the height of the secondary hull   ... and do not forget the "Steps" on the underside of the saucer(like the sovie)

olbuzzard

« Reply #64 on: March 09, 2004, 10:14:44 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Hey guys

Thanks mate

I like Ryker's posted concept...alot of the major details are (at least to me, in what I have seen ...and from what I have gathered) not correct...But I do like this concept too...possibly another contempory

I think that everyone that has tried this design is at least in part correct in an aspect of the shape...and have seen the design in different ways according to different prefferences in starship philosophy...the truth of the ship's shape is probably between us
I mean I am sure that my side veiw is off...in its height(I am currently reworking it)...and I do strongly believe that the ship is just (in all bluntness) a TNG-ized NX-01 (not nessesarily a bad thing)...so Croesus, if you are reading this cut down the height of the secondary hull   ... and do not forget the "Steps" on the underside of the saucer(like the sovie)

Azel ...

there is no question that the "modded" review of what was proposed on the TV screen was accurate.  Shucks bubba ..  I was just pointing out that the   best design would be to incorporate the two ideas togeather.  Yours has a better "perspective"  (for lack of a better choice of words at this point).  I'm not so sure I like the idea of streatching out the ship more and more.  (Which is essentiall all they are doing ....  even with the "Sovy")  The more you would streatch it out ..  the flatter it would be come.  Also the nacelles jus flat dont look right  ( again my absolutely totaly biased and unfounded and unprofessional opinion).  I'm sure the idea is for them to be smaller and more powerful.  

I would just prefer to see that "happy median between the two."  Your work shows a lot of thought to the detail of "testuring"  and over all sizing.  Add the two ideas togeather ( if ya can) and see what ya come up with.

(do I make a good arm chair quarter back or what)    

Azel

« Reply #65 on: March 10, 2004, 11:05:25 am »

Quote:

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys

Thanks mate

I mean I am sure that my side veiw is off...in its height(I am currently reworking it)...and I do strongly believe that the ship is just (in all bluntness) a TNG-ized NX-01 (not nessesarily a bad thing)...so Croesus, if you are reading this cut down the height of the secondary hull  ... and do not forget the "Steps" on the underside of the saucer(like the sovie)

Azel ...

there is no question that the "modded" review of what was proposed on the TV screen was accurate. Shucks bubba .. I was just pointing out that the best design would be to incorporate the two ideas togeather. Yours has a better "perspective" (for lack of a better choice of words at this point). I'm not so sure I like the idea of streatching out the ship more and more. (Which is essentiall all they are doing .... even with the "Sovy") The more you would streatch it out .. the flatter it would be come. Also the nacelles jus flat dont look right ( again my absolutely totaly biased and unfounded and unprofessional opinion). I'm sure the idea is for them to be smaller and more powerful.

I would just prefer to see that "happy median between the two." Your work shows a lot of thought to the detail of "testuring" and over all sizing. Add the two ideas togeather ( if ya can) and see what ya come up with.

(do I make a good arm chair quarter back or what)    

Azel

« Reply #66 on: March 12, 2004, 09:07:09 pm »
Bumping for progess or news  

Croesus

« Reply #67 on: March 13, 2004, 07:53:39 am »
yup, hey

I have alot on at the moment... its progressing slowly

if I can, ill post some pics later today  

Azel

« Reply #68 on: March 15, 2004, 11:33:42 am »

Quote:

yup, hey

I have alot on at the moment... its progressing slowly

if I can, ill post some pics later today  

ALL RIGHT!!!

Croesus

« Reply #69 on: March 17, 2004, 06:33:45 am »
sorry its so late everyone ive been snowed under at college with work

ive managed to finish the saucer for the Enterprise J, just need to do the Stardrive and necelles

the saucer is blocky but that can be smoothed out later

Azel

« Reply #70 on: March 17, 2004, 01:01:41 pm »

Quote:

sorry its so late everyone ive been snowed under at college with work

ive managed to finish the saucer for the Enterprise J, just need to do the Stardrive and necelles

the saucer is blocky but that can be smoothed out later

Redragon

« Reply #71 on: March 19, 2004, 10:13:54 pm »
Azel, if its alright, can I use your design to do my take of the Ent J?

Todd587

« Reply #72 on: March 19, 2004, 11:01:34 pm »
Azel, your sketches are absolutly amazing. Your idea for the Ent J is definitly the coolest one i've seen.  I started to model it, if thats cool with you. I don't think i'm going to work on this much more yet, I have several other projects i'm working on right now.

I did change the warp pylons though, and realize what I have is nothing like what we see in the MSD on Enterprise.  Let me know what you think of my model so far, and my idea for the warp pylons.  

Oh hey, I love the rear end/top of your warp nacelles, Azel.  But I have no idea what to do for bussards. Do you have any cool designs, or any other sketches of the ones you used on your Ent J sketches?

By the way, this is my first time posting here. Someone posted a link to your sketches at scifi-meshes.com forums and mentioned the Taldren forums. I thought i'd drop you a line and show you what I did.  

Thanks
-Todd  

olbuzzard

« Reply #73 on: March 19, 2004, 11:26:44 pm »
Quote:

Azel, your sketches are absolutly amazing. Your idea for the Ent J is definitly the coolest one i've seen.  I started to model it, if thats cool with you. I don't think i'm going to work on this much more yet, I have several other projects i'm working on right now.

I did change the warp pylons though, and realize what I have is nothing like what we see in the MSD on Enterprise.  Let me know what you think of my model so far, and my idea for the warp pylons.  

Oh hey, I love the rear end/top of your warp nacelles, Azel.  But I have no idea what to do for bussards. Do you have any cool designs, or any other sketches of the ones you used on your Ent J sketches?

By the way, this is my first time posting here. Someone posted a link to your sketches at scifi-meshes.com forums and mentioned the Taldren forums. I thought i'd drop you a line and show you what I did.  

Thanks
-Todd  

I agree  ...  the sketch is great..  

here is something I put togeather on the nacelles.(This is strictly Photo Shop stuff ....  sorry guys no wire mesh available)  I hope this is ok..  AZEL ..  if ya dont think this is up to speed drop me a PM  and we will take care of it !!  (it's your stuff bud !)

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by olbuzzard »

Reverend

« Reply #74 on: March 19, 2004, 11:38:42 pm »
Not a complaint by any means, but what happened to the saucer, in those last pictures? I thought the saucer was the majority of the ship.... and that it was more pancake-shaped? When was it decided that it was going this other direction? Or, was it decided amongst those actually building it and I just missed it all?  

olbuzzard

« Reply #75 on: March 19, 2004, 11:47:39 pm »
Quote:

Not a complaint by any means, but what happened to the saucer, in those last pictures? I thought the saucer was the majority of the ship....  

Actually IMHO ..  I would kind a like to see the best of both worlds...  AZEL has some good ideas on the textures, and the saucer ..  but if it were larger that would be cool too !!  AS for the rest ..  I think some where between what is now called the "pancake"  ...  meaning a more "flattened out design" and the idea suggested also by AZE  would give the best results.

just my 2 cents worth.

ModelsPlease

« Reply #76 on: March 20, 2004, 02:13:50 am »
I personally liked Rykers better.This other one,perhaps a varient? Or another ship all together ? My $.02
-MP  

Azel

« Reply #77 on: March 20, 2004, 08:50:27 am »
Wow mate thats sweet!!!
Great job so far!!!
I would tend to agree though that the ship(and I am criticing myself as well here) should be flatter
I say about 15%...but that is my first assesment....
I would like if you are capible, so show us a top and bottom veiw
and on perspective(that way I can evaluate the nacelle pylons better)
thanks
As for the nacelles themselves...I would go with what I or Ol'buzzard has done
the Nacelle to me appears to be Very TOS/Galaxy...that's why I had went that route
But still astounding work my friend
Glad to see this post not die off

We will await your update with much enthusiasim  

olbuzzard

« Reply #78 on: March 20, 2004, 09:04:20 am »
Quote:

the ship(and I am criticing myself as well here) should be flatter
I say about 15%...but that is my first assesment....
Glad to see this post not die off

We will await your update with much enthusiasim  

AGREED on all points including the larger saucer section !!!  
« Last Edit: March 20, 2004, 09:14:27 am by olbuzzard »

Reverend

« Reply #79 on: March 20, 2004, 12:37:28 pm »
Yeah, Ol' Buzzard's bussard's (ha) were perfect.... either way, they're both marvelous designs-