Topic: Excalibur Retexture WIP  (Read 8434 times)

Captain Ron

Re: Excalibur Retexture WIP
« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2004, 09:01:23 pm »
Bump!

man posted this in the morning and it is already almost on page 4

Chrystoff

« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2004, 09:10:26 pm »
Absolutely beautiful work, Captain Ron!  

ModelsPlease

« Reply #62 on: April 05, 2004, 03:11:18 am »
It's always a pleasure to see new work by you Captain Ron sir.Outstanding ship.I'm still begging for the Newkirk with a TNG Narcelle  

-MP  

Kaenyne

« Reply #63 on: April 05, 2004, 08:32:42 am »
Whoo Hoo!

Nice Nice Nice!  

I really digging these ships!

Before I forget, Captain, did you mention you were planning at some point to do a retexture of Mackie's Explorer. And isn't she the Galahad Class? I'm a bit confused...

Captain Ron

« Reply #64 on: April 05, 2004, 10:33:16 am »
Yhe Explorer was the orginal ship by P81, or the Odyssey (4 engine version). The Galahad is a kitbash by Mackie, from the Explorer and Excalibur ships made by P81.

Marauth

« Reply #65 on: April 05, 2004, 10:35:47 am »
The original P81 ship was the Odyssey and it was a 3 nacelled DN with a roll-bar on the saucer. The Explorer is a 2 nacelled explorer (ha-ha) version sans the roll-bar

Kaenyne

« Reply #66 on: April 05, 2004, 10:47:53 am »
Thanks guys!
That clears it up.
Now I can't wait to see what the captain can do with this ship.
Judging by what I've seen with his interpretation of the Excalibur, she'll be breaktaking!

Captain Ron

« Reply #67 on: April 05, 2004, 06:59:40 pm »
It was kind of started I was going for a excelsior style look to it. Currently it is on the dropped list as I did not like how it was coming out and I don't have the time to start it over again. Parts of it will be redone as Mackie wants some things from that ship so they will probably get into his personal collection. I do not know if or when the ship will get done but it will nto be any time soon, as once I finish this last ship here I will be taking a break and trying out some Romulans.

Captain Ron

« Reply #68 on: April 06, 2004, 02:54:49 am »
These will more than likily be the engines I release this ship with, I still have two more to lay out but no guarntees they make into the model. I also have 4 engines to do finishing work on so it will be a bit before this one is released. There are two version of the BB as well, the orginal file and a modified one by me. so after the engines get done I will have to do the pod and rescale everything on it. The texture was a 512 x 512 and used a small corner on it, I will make a better version covering more area and use that one instead.

WIP shot

so by next weekend all the Federation ships should be done and out.

Kaenyne

« Reply #69 on: April 06, 2004, 09:46:48 am »
She's looking good, Captain!

Captain Ron

« Reply #70 on: April 06, 2004, 10:05:38 am »
the funny part is very few I believe are even looking through this thread any more. I will probably have to do a seperate thread for each of these ships once the last one is out, just so people know that they are available for download. It is something I noticed in the past that WIP thread for any ship are ignored after the first few looks if that is not a ship they wanted. Evan if there are 30 ships in that thread for download they will not see them or download them. Then once you place it in its own thread, all those people will then see the ships and if it interests them download them. There are exceptions to that though, there are some like KF who seems to go through every thread looking for ships these guys are the true collectors.

Kaenyne

« Reply #71 on: April 06, 2004, 10:24:58 am »
Then it's me and KF!  

Chrystoff

« Reply #72 on: April 06, 2004, 01:43:49 pm »
Heck, I've wanted every ship you've come out with! If this thread goes on for the next month, I'll keep peeking into it for and additions or updates.  

starforce2

« Reply #73 on: April 06, 2004, 02:25:52 pm »
Quote:

the funny part is very few I believe are even looking through this thread any more. I will probably have to do a seperate thread for each of these ships once the last one is out, just so people know that they are available for download. It is something I noticed in the past that WIP thread for any ship are ignored after the first few looks if that is not a ship they wanted. Evan if there are 30 ships in that thread for download they will not see them or download them. Then once you place it in its own thread, all those people will then see the ships and if it interests them download them. There are exceptions to that though, there are some like KF who seems to go through every thread looking for ships these guys are the true collectors.  

most likely people are ignoring the thread because like regular tmp,  once you  see the  improvment you've made to  that, you automaticly know what the rest of the variants will look  like so people  just sit around and wait  for them to be released.

E_Look

« Reply #74 on: April 06, 2004, 03:57:28 pm »
That and sometimes, how many threads can you respond to?  I know I run out of gas (and time)!

But while I'm here, let me say I think the work on these ships is quite good and in this case, I don't say much because I usually don't like three-nacelled ships; they somehow don't do it for me aesthetically.  But these last posted pix show a pretty nice model.

Captain Ron

« Reply #75 on: April 06, 2004, 05:51:59 pm »
Actually I don't count on replies I monitor the Downloads and the Times viewed.

Captain Ron

« Reply #76 on: April 07, 2004, 02:02:56 am »
Quote:

These will more than likily be the engines I release this ship with, I still have two more to lay out but no guarntees they make into the model. I also have 4 engines to do finishing work on so it will be a bit before this one is released. There are two version of the BB as well, the orginal file and a modified one by me. so after the engines get done I will have to do the pod and rescale everything on it. The texture was a 512 x 512 and used a small corner on it, I will make a better version covering more area and use that one instead.

WIP shot

so by next weekend all the Federation ships should be done and out.  

Well looks like it will be longer than that, things are not going as well as I hoped. I found some errors as I was texturing the pod that will force me to redo the placement of the engines. Plus the pod itself is given some problems, I just deleted the file by accident so it is back to the begininng for the pod texture. so this ship is now delayed until I can find time again, work just picked up for the next 3 days and the holiday is coming up.

yeaterk

« Reply #77 on: April 07, 2004, 02:06:40 am »
Dooooo got to hate it when you delate something by accident. Maybe some good will come out of it, like the new pod will turn out better then you thought possible.  

Captain Ron

« Reply #78 on: April 10, 2004, 04:03:47 am »
Well the ship is done but now I have a Hardpoint issue.

the FBB UI in SFC 2/OP doesn't have enough Phaser mounts for it. misses it by one. I can use the Mirik BB as a subsititute for it but it means I will have to move some HPs around to make it work. My only other choice is to use the Starbase one and that really will cause me to have to move things around. My third option is to simple delete the forward phaser on the saucer and reposition the the first two side ones (lots of work even more so than moving HPs.

so it brings up the the point what was the standard fix that use to be done for these things?

Captain Ron

« Reply #79 on: April 10, 2004, 03:42:01 pm »
Guess no one knows then...

Well then the next question comes in, do I keep the UI federation or not?
if not then I will reHP it so it will use the Mirik UI, if Yes then I will reHP to use a starbase.

I will of coarse leave a HP.jpg in the file like I did with the others so you can match up the Hardpoints for the game.