Topic: Titan WIP  (Read 17902 times)

Sandman3D

Titan WIP
« on: April 30, 2004, 02:13:22 pm »
OK, I'm not anywhere near as good as WZ, but I've started on the Titan...she just needs to be done. If WZ decides to do it, we can rename mine to something else, but for now, she's the Titan. Azel and Ol Buzzard have seen these pics and given the go ahead, so here is a peek at what I have so far. I'm not too good with TNG/post-TNG stuff yet, so it's gonna take awhile to get her done. These pics were taken after 3 hours of work. Saucer only, but... Let me know what you think.

Tus

Re: Titan WIP
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2004, 02:55:21 pm »
looking good, i started one a while back, but haven't got back to working on it (been doing an animation).  looking forward to seeing your progress on it

WickedZombie45

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2004, 03:09:53 pm »
Actually I wanted to build it, but I lack the time and commitment for the thing so go ahead and build 'er. So far, she looks as good as anything I could produce anyway.  

Rat_Boy

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2004, 03:12:09 pm »
It's been fun watching this go from concept to the beginnings of a model.  I only hope more models can be realized in this fashion...

olbuzzard

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2004, 03:13:47 pm »
Looks great !!  Communicate with WZ  if needed via PM...  I'm personally just tickeled to see this being done !!  On behalf of everyone who has appreciated this project ....  thanks

as for the work itself...  CRANK IT UP BUD !!!

Sandman3D

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2004, 04:45:36 pm »
Quote:

Actually I wanted to build it, but I lack the time and commitment for the thing so go ahead and build 'er. So far, she looks as good as anything I could produce anyway.  

I'm honored you think so, oh un-dead one!

You'll probably notice subtle, and not so subtle changes being made, as I confer with Azel and Ol Buzzard on this project. That's one of the great things about having the designer on-site...you can ask what something is supposed to look like, rather than just interpreting a line here, a circle there, etc. Hopefully, when she's all finished, she will really stand out as the "Next" big thing.

I'll have more later, waiting Azel to say yay or nay on an alteration he noticed needed doing.  

Spartan

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2004, 05:35:16 pm »
Wow, looking good guys.  Like seeing the project take form

ModelsPlease

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2004, 05:52:24 pm »
What a way to start my day. I woke up and saw this thread. WOW so it is finally becoming reality.I encourage everyone that wants/wanted to model her to do so in their own time. I have to agree I too feel more ships need to be concieved and realized in this way,with all the community input. Titan is truly what I hope is many ships that get there start with a simple thougth.Some great discussion,and the incredible talents in the community.Thank you to OlBuzzard and Azel for sharing their vision with us. You ALL rock ! Now with that being said I feel this truly deserves my patented........GIMMIE THE  ModelsPlease

-MP  

Azel

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2004, 06:29:16 pm »
Sweetness mate

Hey Spartan
I want that DN you have in your sig...the Huron is it
Can you send her to me mate???
Odontotyrannus@aol.com  

Sandman3D

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2004, 07:00:53 pm »
OK, a small update...Azel noticed that I didn't have the little "step" around the saucer...here's a couple shots to show her with that step...

Spartan

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2004, 07:06:58 pm »
it is part of the SFC3 GAW, not sure who made it but the game name is Odyseus class Dred.   I will try to zip it down for ya .  I do a little kitbashing for my own game here and there and was thinking of playing with the engines on it.  It was the only dred I have ever enjoyed playing.  I am a die-hard battlecruiser player but this one caught my eye

ModelsPlease

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2004, 07:09:46 pm »
Hey Azel I sent it to ya.You should recieve the e-mail in a few minutes.It's uploading right now.
Enjoy

-MP  

Azel

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2004, 07:13:07 pm »
Thanks

Rod O'neal

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2004, 07:27:36 pm »
Hey Sandman, it looks great! I can't wait to see more of her. Thanks for taking her on for all of us.  

DarkScream

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2004, 03:43:12 am »
looking awsome so far!!! nice work!!!

Azel

« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2004, 09:24:32 am »
looking good  

Sandman3D

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2004, 11:09:19 am »
Thanx!!

Ol Buzzard sent me a pic with some suggestions, good ones, so I'll be doing those tweaks, then starting on the 2ndary hull/neck...tried for a few hours to get that looking right, but...Oh well, more learning to do. More pics hopefully this afternoon.  

olbuzzard

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2004, 12:28:58 pm »
take your time sir ...  there is no substitute for excellence ....  and if there are other "tweaks"....  so be it..  I appreciate the cooperative attitude everyone has had ...  this is great !!

ModelsPlease

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2004, 07:13:30 pm »
Quote:

take your time sir ...  there is no substitute for excellence ....  and if there are other "tweaks"....  so be it..  I appreciate the cooperative attitude everyone has had ...  this is great !!

I agree completely,please do not rush this.Yes we may be anxious to say the least,but take your time.The whole Titan experience has been great and so is this.It's all part of the process.Even the waiting (ugh  ). Hmmmm........
I know better to ask but I will anyway........Hey Azel,do you have a captains yacht or a shuttle envisioned for the Titan ? Hehehehe this oughta be good.

-MP  

Azel

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2004, 08:25:38 pm »
Sorry man...I don't believe in any panzy-a$$ yachts...lol
the Connie, Excelsior, Ambassadors don't got them then I don't put them on lol
but I'll see what I can do