Topic: Well the finale was ok till the end  (Read 10929 times)

FFZ

Re: Well the finale was ok till the end
« Reply #80 on: May 26, 2004, 09:35:00 pm »
 I found the entire episode anti-climatic.

The Xindi arrive, and only the Andorians are around to help?

Where are those useless Vulcans?

Then we get that the aquatics don't notice they just left Enterprise several centuries in the past!

Thanks for nothing, you water breathing goofs.

The P-51s at the end look like a flight simulator game, not the real deal, and we find a badly burned Archer mysteriously on Earth (how he got there from the weapon is anybody's guess) surounded by Nazis and aliens.

Who will save him, Indy? (rolleyes)

The end of the expanse was well done, as was finding out T'Pol is an old broad of 66.

nx_adam_1701

« Reply #81 on: May 26, 2004, 09:38:35 pm »
Now thats funny, you brought up some good points, esp, about the Xindi not realizing they left them behind in the past, that totally excaped me, and the Vulcans not helping, it figures.

adam out

Kroma_BaSyl

« Reply #82 on: May 26, 2004, 09:38:54 pm »
Quote:

I don't know... I liked the whole thing of this one... the ending was certainly unexpected, and I don't think we can really criticize it until we know more... it's called a cliffhanger.  

When I have hangers like that, I just wipe them off with a little toitet paper.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Kroma_BaSyl »

SBOAdam

« Reply #83 on: May 26, 2004, 10:21:49 pm »
all i know is the only honorable way out if for this latest time travel stint to be nothing more than a vulcans drug induced dream.  I mean how many times do they need to reuse the same plot. The evil (insert race here) has gone back in time to (wipe/change) the human race, and only we know about it.  They need to get away from the time travel ideas  they have done them to death.  With enterprise they have a perfect situation,  Treat it like a historical document,  tell the history we all want to know.  the plot is already there they just need to fill in the gaps.

NannerSlug

« Reply #84 on: May 26, 2004, 10:49:42 pm »
Quote:

Who will save him, Indy? (rolleyes)    

you never know when dr. jones might show up. yeah, thats it.. yeah.. short round will be there and all. lol.

somthing is really screwed up, that is for sure.. because you realize how seriously the time line is contaminated.. of course the understatment is that there is an alien standing next to two nazis (in a nazi camp). everyone is okay with it and they are wondering what sort of uniform archer is wearing.

shouldnt the question be.. who the frack is that alien d00d?

Rat_Boy

« Reply #85 on: May 26, 2004, 11:00:41 pm »
You have to admit, it sure beats watching Jack Bauer cry his eyes out for five minutes.

Edit: Ironic how everyone was happy that it was getting renewed last week.  Now I bet you guys wished they cancelled it instead.

Double Edit: Check out the subtitle of Trek Nation's review: Patterns of force plague Archer as he tries desperately to save Earth's future.

Get it?  Hahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahaha!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2004, 11:06:00 pm by Rat_Boy »

Scipio_66

« Reply #86 on: May 26, 2004, 11:07:43 pm »
Quote:

Edit: Ironic how everyone was happy that it was getting renewed last week.  Now I bet you guys wished they cancelled it instead.

Nah.  I just wished they had chopped the last three minutes off, launched Berman and Braga to the center of the sun, and then hired new writers for next season.

Shows usually repeat the last season's finale before starting the new season.  Hopefully a new Enterprise production team will edit out those last three minutes and then start the new season by forgetting the excised scenes ever appeared.  I'd happily go to my grave never finding out who that alien in the SS uniform was.  Can you hear Patrick Duffy warming up in the shower?

Who's got an address to send hate-mail to Berman and Braga?

-S'Cipio the hatemonger  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Scipio_66 »

Rat_Boy

« Reply #87 on: May 26, 2004, 11:12:34 pm »
To B&B's credit, nobody, and I mean nobody outside of Canada saw tonight's cliffhanger coming a mile away.  People were expecting the Romulans to show up and start blasting stuff into atoms, but instead we get a send-up to Planet of the Apes...the horendously bad version.

kosh2000

« Reply #88 on: May 27, 2004, 12:21:30 am »
" Berman and Braga " aka not a clue  , can we please clone gene so he can come back and eject those two in to a deep hole .  

nx_adam_1701

« Reply #89 on: May 27, 2004, 01:14:15 am »
Good one lol, but the romulan idea would of been great, i was so excited thru out the entire episode, than time travel did it again lol, hilarious

adam out

Scipio_66

« Reply #90 on: May 27, 2004, 02:27:42 am »
Quote:

Double Edit: Check out the subtitle of Trek Nation's review: Patterns of force plague Archer as he tries desperately to save Earth's future.

Get it?  Hahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahaha!

This review was so funny (and so dead-on accurate) I just had to copy part of it:

Quote:

Analysis: If there were any doubts about the worthiness of Enterprise to bear the name Star Trek, Rick Berman and Brannon Braga put them to rest with "Zero Hour", which lands the prequel firmly in classic Trek tradition. I don't mean because we get a glimpse of the founding of the Federation, a battle on a spherical weapon with more than a passing resemblance to a Borg sphere, a bunch of talk about timelines and the coming together of former enemies under the banner of peace. No, I'm talking about EVIL ALIEN NAZIS!
You must forgive me for giggling when, after a near-perfect 50 minutes of television science fiction in which the Xindi arc was wrapped up stylishly in a very First Contact-like manner, the episode ends with the cheesiest of cliffhangers, throwing us back into "Patterns of Force" territory. What in hell are EVIL ALIEN NAZIS doing with U.S. warplanes? What year is it supposed to be on Earth? Did the Aquatics trick us? Was the entire Xindi arc a ruse to distract the crew from the real threat, in the form of the Suliban and time-tampering and a World War II which ended the wrong way? These questions won't be answered until the fall, by which time hopefully I will be able to address them with a straight face.
I mean...this show has been so serious all season. End-of-the-world scenarios, grave moral choices, seeking hope for peace and exploration in a universe filled with distrust and fear, that sort of thing...darker than Deep Space Nine, which was too dark to be considered Star Trek by some fans. And where does it all end up? The captain makes the big sacrifice, the ship takes the great risk, the interdimensional aliens are vanquished, the lethal aliens become allies, the future Federation members come through in a pinch...and there are EVIL ALIEN NAZIS! I'm sorry, I can't help it; I'm not ready to stop giggling.
Before this insane left hook of a cliffhanger, some nice things happen in "Zero Hour." T'Pol tells Trip her age - 66, same as the year the original series went on the air - and admits that it is an intimate act for a Vulcan to confess her age. Later she quotes Trip's concern for her to Phlox, saying that she guesses she's not so tough after all...and she pets poor Porthos, who is resting morosely in Sickbay, unaware, as the audience is, that of course Archer can't be dead because the show has been picked up for a fourth season. Malcolm has some nice moments doing he-man stuff aboard the Xindi weapon while his redshirts fall over railings into a bottomless pit ("No, Luke, I am your father!"), and Hoshi gets to have the tearful breakdown she was denied last week, predictably blaming herself for decrypting the Xindi launch codes and wishing she'd done a better job of killing herself.
But suicide is Archer's job, as he earnestly informs Daniels and then Reed, refusing to allow his tactical officer to peform a task for which he's probably better qualified than the captain and certainly more expendable. That's fine - Janeway would have done the same, and did, in "The Killing Game", which also had EVIL ALIEN NAZIS...oops. I know that this does not sound like a very serious review. Maybe I'm just dizzy from all the cross-cutting, jumping from the weapon to Degra's ship to Enterprise to the sphere-builders' realm to the Reptilian ship to Shran's ship to the Sol system. Maybe I'm giddy to have seen Phlox on the bridge offering critical command advice, which was great, and then to have seen him back in Sickbay providing the comic relief as well in the form of dictating his will and placating his plants. Or maybe I'm in shock, so great is my relief and surprise that the Xindi weapon has not destroyed Earth.
If the idea is to shake the show up, this cliffhanger is sheer brilliance. No one could have seen it coming in a million years, no matter which timeline you were in! And now we're going to have to have an arc in the fall explaining how the timeline got changed, whether it was related to the Xindi threat and the Guardians or completely incidental, whether this all ties back in with Silik and Future Guy or if maybe Captain Kirk saved Edith Keeler and Archer's going to have to find the Guardian of Forever and go back in time and phaser them both before her peace movement lets Hitler take over the world...fine, I guess someone's going to have to phaser me before I manage to get serious. EVIL ALIEN NAZIS!
I shall write an essay wrapping up Enterprise's deeply enjoyable third season in a few days, after I have time to assimilate it all. For now, however, I just want to address Jonathan Archer with a quote by Agent Scully from "Triangle", the X-Files with the evil time-traveling Nazis and the submarine and all the kissing: "Now I want you to close your eyes, and I want you to keep saying, 'There's no place like home.'"

CFA_Admiral_Tige

« Reply #91 on: May 27, 2004, 06:47:02 am »
They've been away for more then 6 months since the beginning of the xindi timeline...where was NX-02???

Quote:

What in hell are EVIL ALIEN NAZIS doing with U.S. warplanes?

Those looked like stars on those wings to me....and they're flying over san fran...bets are those were american pilots in those planes.

Could this be Daniels doing?? He took Archer back through time to save him since he couldnt be beamed off, and then he brought  Enterprise back as well?  That would ALSO mean the aquatic ship is 'minorly' displaced in time....

In my opinion they found an interesting way to solve the Trek Timeline problem...take the ship out of the timeline!

Rat_Boy

« Reply #92 on: May 27, 2004, 10:18:51 am »
I had a thought before I went to bed.  Anybody got a pic of when the shuttle approaches San Francisco?  Might be helpful in determining whether or not they've time traveled, in an alternate universe, or at a duplicate Earth, TOS-style.

Death_Merchant

« Reply #93 on: May 27, 2004, 11:03:35 am »
DM's Observations:

1) So we learn T'Pol is 66? You know they wanted to say 69. You just KNOW they did.....

2) "Fast Forward" on my remote not working!
I kept pushing it, but nothing happened! You knew what had to happen: Spheres and weapon must go BOOM....just get to it... Yawn.
Trip pulls it off at the very last possible second? Well slap me upside the head with a smelly trout! Who'da thunk that would happen?
Instead of intently watching the show and being drawn into the story, I found myself feeling my pulse and counting heartbeats of lifetime lost watching this...

3) Tomatoes!
Ever see old Bugs Bunny cartoons? Daffy Duck gets pelted onstage with vegetables due to his pure-suckage?
I watched the ending.... and was momentarily stunned. Like a deer caught in headlights.....
Tomatoes!?! Where the hell are my tomatoes?  

Tirus

« Reply #94 on: May 27, 2004, 11:50:11 am »
I bet the aquatics are going to be pissed when they get back home and find nothing but tadpoles.

« Reply #95 on: May 27, 2004, 01:40:32 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Nah.  I just wished they had chopped the last three minutes off, launched Berman and Braga to the center of the sun, and then hired new writers for next season.

Shows usually repeat the last season's finale before starting the new season.  Hopefully a new Enterprise production team will edit out those last three minutes and then start the new season by forgetting the excised scenes ever appeared.  I'd happily go to my grave never finding out who that alien in the SS uniform was.  Can you hear Patrick Duffy warming up in the shower?

Who's got an address to send hate-mail to Berman and Braga?

-S'Cipio the hatemonger  

I will agree with you Scipio lets hope it is one big dream.I will say this though they had to do it couldn't they just on planned than Archer got back on board Daegras ship so this wouldn't of happened and a nother thing is not AGIAN.I hope they write this season off as one big dream that Archer is haveing just like Pamala Ewing do when she saw Bobby stepping out of the shower.I hope Archer steps out of it aswell.If any of you live in the LA basin please phone Paramount and tell them this and tell them to read these boards.That includes you to Ann.

There is one thing good it was nice to see the Andorians to show up and see how thet fight with thier ships and they have been in space longer and they don't have all that great weaponery.I hope DH enjoyed seeing them in combat.
 <ShakesHead>  
« Last Edit: May 27, 2004, 01:46:17 pm by Age »

Daew Anahos

« Reply #96 on: May 27, 2004, 01:41:16 pm »
Okay, I know I'm going to get flamed for this but...I liked the alternate timeline ending.

Why not? They've trashed the universe as we know it so why not bring in a Sliders type arc?

Patterns Of Force was one of my favorite TOS episodes.

It looks like WWII never got finished. There was an old movie, "The Shape Of Things To Come" where WWII lasted much longer then known history by several decades.

Technically it's not a "time travel" ending per se, it's a timeline/different dimension ending.

Honestly, I'm interested to see how they restore the timeline or maybe the timeline gets changed to what's "known" and established.

Maybe it's the, well hell, the fans are ticked off enough so let's go for broke mentality

(When do Doc And Marty pop in with the Deloran???)

BTW, nice seeing Jeffery Coombs in the episode. He was good as Weyoun/Brunt in DS9.

/dons flame proof suit and ducks  

SSCF_LeRoy

« Reply #97 on: May 27, 2004, 02:38:30 pm »
I gotta say that ending was the last thing I expected to see Although I think it's kinda stupid ( ), I also want to find out why Enterprise has been transported back to WWII, what an alien is doin' dressed up as a Nazi in the 1940's, and why all the other Germans seem to be OK with that

After seein' that shuttlepod fly through a swarm o' P-51's, I think we now know where those WWII "foo fighter" sightings came from  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by SSCF_LeRoy »

FFZ

« Reply #98 on: May 27, 2004, 03:24:09 pm »
 That is a very cool signature, but could you make it a little smaller LeRoy?

When you big sig dudes post, the entire thread distorts, and I have to scroll left and right to read a sigle sentance.

Please have pity on us less technicallt able, who have to view with normal monitors.

S31Chuck

« Reply #99 on: May 27, 2004, 03:50:51 pm »
Quote:

ENOUGH OF THE POS time travel plots. this WAS star trek, not TIME trek.