Topic: Well the finale was ok till the end  (Read 10928 times)

Re: Well the finale was ok till the end
« Reply #100 on: May 27, 2004, 03:57:16 pm »
  What that episode reminded me of in the TOS episode where the Enterprise is in the sixties and a Starfighter is inteceptor is intercepting the Enterprise.The pilot of the fighter is beamed on board the 1701 and his mind is whiped clean to forget what he saw and was beam back aboard his fighter jet.

I hope T'Pol is a good as Spock to figure out the calculations to warp around the sun.This is so they can  get back to thier own time as badly beat up as that ship is I wonder if they can do it.I wonder if that ship can handle it it took a lot out of 1701.  

SSCF_LeRoy

« Reply #101 on: May 27, 2004, 04:37:14 pm »
Quote:

That is a very cool signature, but could you make it a little smaller LeRoy?

When you big sig dudes post, the entire thread distorts, and I have to scroll left and right to read a sigle sentance.

Please have pity on us less technicallt able, who have to view with normal monitors.

I'm runnin' a 15 inch monitor at 800 x 600 res so I know what yer talkin' about. I'll git right on fixin' it.  

SSCF_LeRoy

« Reply #102 on: May 27, 2004, 04:52:24 pm »
How is it now?  

Rat_Boy

« Reply #103 on: May 27, 2004, 06:11:37 pm »
Ah, this post at the Trek BBS has what I'm seeking.

While there aren't any obvious landmarks on the right to help make a determination, there is one thing that definately means that it's in the past: no skyscrappers.  Plus, the northern side of the Golden Gate (seen on the left) is fairly undeveloped.  The East Bay also looks kind of sparse.

Lepton1

« Reply #104 on: May 27, 2004, 06:16:40 pm »
I thought the pacing of the finale sucked.  The previous episode was much more compelling and better shot.  The final Nazi moment. Let's just say Castle Wolfenstein meets that TOS Nazi episode.  I think that will be a one-off storyline.  I mean, you can't have a 22nd century starship interfering in WWII , can you, aka The Final Countdown????  That would be silly.

FFZ

« Reply #105 on: May 27, 2004, 08:36:51 pm »
Quote:

How is it now?  

Outstanding!

May the great bird of the galaxy smile upon you!

Chris Jones

Re: Well the finale was ok
« Reply #106 on: May 27, 2004, 08:49:46 pm »
Quote:

Okay, I know I'm going to get flamed for this but...I liked the alternate timeline ending.

Why not? They've trashed the universe as we know it so why not bring in a Sliders type arc?

Patterns Of Force was one of my favorite TOS episodes.

It looks like WWII never got finished. There was an old movie, "The Shape Of Things To Come" where WWII lasted much longer then known history by several decades.

Technically it's not a "time travel" ending per se, it's a timeline/different dimension ending.

Honestly, I'm interested to see how they restore the timeline or maybe the timeline gets changed to what's "known" and established.

Maybe it's the, well hell, the fans are ticked off enough so let's go for broke mentality

(When do Doc And Marty pop in with the Deloran???)

BTW, nice seeing Jeffery Coombs in the episode. He was good as Weyoun/Brunt in DS9.

/dons flame proof suit and ducks    

I have to say I agree with this line of thinking, and it seems they are in the 1940s due to San Francisco not being developed like it would be today. We all knew Captain Archer couldn't die - that's the same as killing Kirk. Recall that it was about the third season when TNG got its stride, same for DS9. Voyager - well - you decide. Archer indeed was saved by the time traveling Enterprise J Captain. I see no other explanation, as Archer will be pivotal in the Birth of the Federation.
 Perhaps the destruction of the Alien Spheres skewed the timeline and altered the present - or threw them all back to the 40s. The German Alien may somehow be a desendent of the Reptilians, and perhaps at least one Reptilian got to Earth before the weapon exploded. That would support a skewed timeline. The Reptilian mated with an Earth female, producing a hybrid..  

All Speculation, of course. This makes me want to play Enemy Territory on my brother's server..  

I am looking forward to the the next season.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Chris Jones »

FFZ

Re: Well the finale was ok
« Reply #107 on: May 27, 2004, 11:05:10 pm »
 The flaw is the prestine US P-51 Mustangs, if history changed, why are they are still using pistion propellar internal combustion engines in the 2160s?

There areno  more effective aircraft then a 220 year old plane??!

nx_adam_1701

« Reply #108 on: May 27, 2004, 11:38:45 pm »
Reminds me of Quantum Leap, the witers really leaped their ass's into it now

adam out

Sirgod

« Reply #109 on: May 27, 2004, 11:53:34 pm »
Quote:

Reminds me of Quantum Leap, the witers really leaped their ass's into it now

adam out  

Oh Boy.  

Stephen

Rat_Boy

« Reply #110 on: May 28, 2004, 12:07:55 am »
Quote:

Oh Boy.  

Stephen  

If the writers don't have Archer do that next season when he wakes up to see the Nazis, then they'll never do it ever.

FireSoul

« Reply #111 on: May 28, 2004, 02:10:10 pm »
EVIL ALIEN NAZIS!  

Windfox

« Reply #112 on: May 28, 2004, 03:04:47 pm »
http://www.reallifecomics.com/

Check out today's strip...    

nx_adam_1701

« Reply #113 on: May 28, 2004, 10:33:23 pm »
  I loved it, it was exactly what happen, think the author is a Betazoid?

adam out

« Reply #114 on: May 29, 2004, 02:18:25 am »
   Cute very Cute  

IndyShark

« Reply #115 on: May 29, 2004, 10:35:47 am »
I would like to suggest that we should not judge a book by it's cover. This could be one of the worst episodes or it could be cool. I lean towards bad, but I am willing to see the season opener before I judge it.

Continuity has never been B&B's strong suit, but killing Nazi's is always fun.

If it is 1944, I wonder how the Enterprise will impact the outcome. I would;

1. Use the Enterpise to bombard the Normandy Beaches (we know where everything is, heh)
2. Destroy all of their oil refineries and synthetic oil facilities.
3. Capture all of the Nazi leadership and put them on trial.
4. Liberate the death camps

In the Pacific
1. Sink the combined fleet
2. Destroy their merchant marine
3. Destroy all aircraft and engine production facilities
4. Save the USS Indianapolis!    

Vaul

« Reply #116 on: June 04, 2004, 06:42:14 pm »
Well, it airs on Monday here in the UK, so I'll get the full, erm...."experience" then.

I admit it though, I really thought this was going to be the last season - the penultimate episode had the hallmarks (They wrote out a minor character a la Neelix, Ro, the-brat-that-shall-not-be-named-but-has-the-initials-W.C.) and they left themselves a plot situation that could ONLY be solved by time travel (All Good Things). B&B do seem a little too fond of time travel though.

On a completely unrelated note, why do the bad guys always try mucking with history? The very act of interfering guarantees that the events you're trying to prevent will happen (since those events must occur for you to be interfering in the first place). You'd think that at least one uber villian would have worked this out by now...  

Going conpletely offtopic of course, I'm surprised this account's still active, given when I last fired it up. My god....

Magnum357

« Reply #117 on: June 04, 2004, 08:15:06 pm »
Well, I saw the finale too and I must admit the last 2 minutes where really.... well.... unexpected.    I had told people for a long time that Enterprise was most likely a different Timeline and that is the reason why things are so different then the Star Trek Timeline.  But this finale episode just makes me scratch my head.  I mean, the alternate timeline where the Xindi exist and their is no Romulan War and how things are quite different then in the Star Trek Timeline really puts up the potential of other new series (like a 23rd Century show after Enterprise or something).  It could even possibly see a Kirk Episode in the 23rd Century only in this timeline.

But instead, we get a whole different twist with this Alien Nazi stuff.  I don't even know if this is suppose too be the 22nd century or 20th.  Man, I really miss the Star Trek Time line in the 24th century.  

MarianoDT

« Reply #118 on: June 06, 2004, 04:46:48 pm »
Quote:

I don't even know if this is suppose too be the 22nd century or 20th. :  

Agree, IIRC  they say "It looks pretty normal to me" when they went to earth in the shuttle. But the landscape should be very different between 20th and 22nd century. And yet they have airplanes........    
I think it is an alternate universe.

Mariano  

TheSatyr

« Reply #119 on: June 07, 2004, 12:04:27 am »
Quote:

Quote:

I don't even know if this is suppose too be the 22nd century or 20th. :  

Agree, IIRC  they say "It looks pretty normal to me" when they went to earth in the shuttle. But the landscape should be very different between 20th and 22nd century. And yet they have airplanes........    
I think it is an alternate universe.

Mariano  

I think it's an alternate timeline...not time travel. Something is seriously wrong in 22nd century San Francisco.

After all,you'd think they would have noticed immediately if it was San Francisco in the 20th century. Instead,it looked "normal" to them.

So who screwed with the time-line THIS time???*LOL*