Topic: Hsta's Classic thread Is Back...  (Read 18573 times)

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
Hsta's Classic thread Is Back...
« on: July 09, 2004, 04:51:56 pm »
Didn't want to Comment there in your Thread, But It's Still Better then Ever Big Guy.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Hstaphath_XC

• The Official Bard of XenoCorp
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Lt.
  • Captain, XC Hydran Squadron
    • The XC Bard's Corner
Re: Hsta's Classic thread Is Back...
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2004, 12:27:59 am »
Thanks Stephen,

I was really hoping to have scene 5 up this week.  Now I'm shooting for having it done sometime this weekend.

Cheers,

Hsta
Hilaritas sapientiae et bonae vitae proles.

Offline kadh2000

• Admiral, of course
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • Kadh's Empire
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2004, 01:49:22 pm »
yea!!!!

I won't link to it, but.....

"Albatross"
"The Andromedans," Kadh said, "will never stop coming.  Not until they are all destroyed or we are."

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2004, 03:05:22 pm »
Here's you some more Material Hsta My Friend...

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/gollum.php

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Hstaphath_XC

• XenoCorp® Member
  • Lt.
    • The XC Bard's Corner
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2004, 09:11:54 am »
Here's you some more Material Hsta My Friend...

Thanks Stephen!  Wow, I hadn't even realized that my "bling-bling" link to that video in Scene 1 was dead.  I'm now using the one you posted.

Cheers and much thanks,

Hsta

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2004, 02:39:20 pm »
Anytime Bro, Anytime. And thanks for Bringing all of this back.

Stephen

Offline kadh2000

• Admiral, of course
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • Kadh's Empire
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2004, 11:22:05 pm »
I just woke my whole family up laughing.  I don't know where to stop praising this piece.  The flight from Eowyn, the dead showbiz careers, the 'use the palantir bit'.  This was genius!
"The Andromedans," Kadh said, "will never stop coming.  Not until they are all destroyed or we are."

Offline Hstaphath_XC

• XenoCorp® Member
  • Lt.
    • The XC Bard's Corner
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2004, 10:56:17 pm »
This scene took an incredibly long time for me to type up and edit with a broken wrist.

Your reaction made it more than worth the effort, though.  Thanks Kadh!

Now it is on to scene 6 featuring Pippin's big vocal number and Faramir's fateful charge.

Offline FA Frey XC

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Captain
    • XenoCorp.Net
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2004, 09:09:46 pm »
Broken wrist??

What HAS the Bard not told his loyal and faithful fans @ XC ?
Vice President of Technology,
Dynaverse Gaming Association
Owner, CEO XenoCorp Inc.

Offline Hstaphath_XC

• XenoCorp® Member
  • Lt.
    • The XC Bard's Corner
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2004, 11:33:11 pm »
Broken wrist??  What HAS the Bard not told his loyal and faithful fans @ XC ?

Hail Frey!  MoooOOOoOOOOO!!!

Well, here is the short version of the story:

About 4 weeks ago I was helping a friend of mine fix some siding on the side of his house that had come loose in a storm.  While working, Brian backed his truck into the ladder I was on.

Slam.  Crash.  Thud.

I landed in the vegetable garden.

If we had gotten it on video, I would be rich by now.   ::)

Not only is my right wrist broken, but my thumb as well.  At least I only have another 2 weeks to go before the cast comes off.  I have a sneaking suspicion my arm hair has turned green.

It has been taking me a LONG time to type anything and doing graphics work has been impossible since I'm fairly worthless at using a mouse left-handed.  I'm very lucky I have an incredibly understanding employer!

The good news (for Brian at least) is that I have full VA medical coverage for being a disabled vet, so no medical bills.

Offline Hstaphath_XC

• XenoCorp® Member
  • Lt.
    • The XC Bard's Corner
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2004, 11:19:31 pm »
Well... I'm still working on Scene 6, but it doesn't look like I will have it done before I take off on a 4 day vacation with the kids down to Virginia Beach.

I'm fairly close, and can promise to have it polished up by next week.

In other news, I had a formal request that I reformat this incredibly looooonnnnngggg epic into printer friendly pdf files.  Even with the extensive reworking this will entail, especially concerning the graphics, this sounds doable since I will be able to retain the hyperlinks I like to use in the pdf format.

I guess I'll go ahead and get started on the first two movies and do the third one after it is completed.

What I need to know is would doing the pdf versions be of interest to anyone here reading this?  And, if so, do you have any formatting suggestions for me?

For example, the main suggestion I've had right off is to cut the image sizes down to at least 100 X 100 pixels or remove them entirely.

I've also been toying with the idea of converting the images into looking like black and white sketches.

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2004, 12:27:00 am »
Oh Don't remoe the Images, They help with the Humor. A .PDF would be fine, as It's a free Download anyway for the commen reader.

Stephen

Offline Hstaphath_XC

• XenoCorp® Member
  • Lt.
    • The XC Bard's Corner
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2004, 12:45:15 pm »
Oh Don't remoe the Images, They help with the Humor. A .PDF would be fine, as It's a free Download anyway for the commen reader.

True, given how visually oriented we males are, I really would NOT want to remove them entirely as was one of the suggestions.

Still, I DO need to do something with them to make them more printer friendly for the pdf versions.

I really won't be able to mess with the images to much until my cast comes off the week after next at any rate.

Oh, and let me be clear about this, I am only talking about the pdf versions.  The online html versions will stay the same!

Offline kadh2000

• Admiral, of course
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • Kadh's Empire
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2004, 10:14:26 pm »
I like keeping the images.  Perhaps just the addresses would do?

Offline Hstaphath_XC

• XenoCorp® Member
  • Lt.
    • The XC Bard's Corner
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2004, 12:48:13 pm »
Scene 6 is up.  I've been recovering from a 5 day migraine and regained conciousness just long enough yesterday to finish and post that scene.  I'm back at work today, but am still pretty wiped out.

In other news, the cast is off, but I still have to wear a wrist brace while I type and use a mouse.  This is such an improvement I really can't complain!

The amount of work that has backed up for me to do is staggering, however.

Thanks for the feedback Stephen and Kadh!  I think I am going to go with mainly just having links to the images.  I simply MUST leave in the graphics for the opening montage in MP:FotR, though.  Luckily, those are already fairly small to begin with.

I'm also looking at doing white background versions of my title graphics.

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2004, 04:48:56 pm »
Hey anytime, after all your the Bard Of Reknown, and We need you back in Proper shape for when your "New Tale" comes out.  ;D

Stephen

Offline kadh2000

• Admiral, of course
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • Kadh's Empire
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2004, 08:04:53 pm »
Having seen the JC pictures, I have one thing to say besides: great episode as usual.

Too bad Pippin couldn't have sang something related to the Labyrinth theme.  But then that's more like one for the separation of Elrond and Arwen.  "It's only forever, not long at all."

Offline Hstaphath_XC

• XenoCorp® Member
  • Lt.
    • The XC Bard's Corner
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2004, 09:51:51 pm »
Having seen the JC pictures, I have one thing to say besides: great episode as usual.

Thanks Kadh!  I've always been a huge fan of JC's... "work."  Yeah, her work!  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.   ;)

Too bad Pippin couldn't have sang something related to the Labyrinth theme.  But then that's more like one for the separation of Elrond and Arwen.  "It's only forever, not long at all."

I'm going to try to work something in, trust me.  I like to be subtle at times.

The fact that my kids have been on a Labyrinth watching kick lately and I've seen the movie 14 times over the last 14 days has nothing to do with it, I'm sure.   ::)

Offline kadh2000

• Admiral, of course
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • Kadh's Empire
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2004, 03:07:25 pm »
Hstaphath,

You once sent me a Return of the Kadh pic.  I had to reinstall the OS and that vanished in the process.  Any chance I can get it from you again?

Kadh

Offline Hstaphath_XC

• XenoCorp® Member
  • Lt.
    • The XC Bard's Corner
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2004, 10:32:06 am »
Hstaphath, You once sent me a Return of the Kadh pic.  I had to reinstall the OS and that vanished in the process.  Any chance I can get it from you again? Kadh

Absolutely.   ;D

They are temporarily available here: