Topic: SFB-OP lives!  (Read 55329 times)

Offline madelf

• Lt. Junior Grade
Re: SFB-OP lives!
« Reply #60 on: October 29, 2004, 12:19:34 am »
Ok, I was bored enough to play this chaos, but I need a link for the shiplist, karnak missions and whatnot that I'm missing.

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
« Reply #61 on: October 29, 2004, 12:20:51 am »
Ok, I was bored enough to play this chaos, but I need a link for the shiplist, karnak missions and whatnot that I'm missing.

Check the top of the thread!

Offline madelf

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #62 on: October 29, 2004, 12:23:48 am »

Check the top of the thread!

Wowm 2nd line of the thread, very clever of you to actually put something so easy to find.  I was in 'other admins' mode, and immeiatley skipped the first half, knowing all other dyna admins bury their installers deep in the rules!  Thanks  =)

Offline madelf

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #63 on: October 29, 2004, 12:26:14 am »
Though it IS 45.3 Mb, if I try to DL this, I mighr be ready sometime tuesday.  A big hearty  :P from a dial up user, lol

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #64 on: October 29, 2004, 12:42:42 am »
Though it IS 45.3 Mb, if I try to DL this, I mighr be ready sometime tuesday.  A big hearty  :P from a dial up user, lol

Sorry dude, not much I can do there. I feel for ya. I really have to get a "mo-models" version done. Again, I apologise, but I have shrunk it to 45 from 105 MB as it was in version 03, over 50% smaller! (and less fattening too!). Thanks for the interest, I hope you are patient enough to download it, I think its a lot of fun.  ;D

Offline KBF-Kurok

• Lt.
« Reply #65 on: October 29, 2004, 09:41:31 am »
 yea ME it is alot of fun.

Offline KBF-Kurok

• Lt.
« Reply #66 on: October 29, 2004, 02:33:57 pm »
ok im messing around with the ISC and am getting gorn ai as helpers. So far i have  had them in the stock Base Assult and in Karnacks Combined Arms Patrol. Not that i mind a couple of gorn dreds  helping me knock down  bases  but im getting no dv shift in them.

Offline Soreyes

• Commander
  • It's Not News. It's CNN
« Reply #67 on: October 29, 2004, 03:20:44 pm »
HEY!!!!!!   Thats Chuuts and my job to go around knocking down bases

[img width=600 height=150]

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #68 on: October 29, 2004, 07:21:21 pm »
ok im messing around with the ISC and am getting gorn ai as helpers. So far i have  had them in the stock Base Assult and in Karnacks Combined Arms Patrol. Not that i mind a couple of gorn dreds  helping me knock down  bases  but im getting no dv shift in them.

Damn, I was afraid of that, one end of the map needs total war missions and the other doesn't... The ISC needs some allies... Not much I can do now without a reset, that sucks!  >:(  (hmm, but I could switch the whole missions pack to total war...lemme consider that)

Offline GDA-S'Cipio

• Brucimus Maximus
  • Captain
  • If I took the bones out, it wouldn't be crunchy.
« Reply #69 on: October 29, 2004, 08:24:55 pm »

Damn, I was afraid of that, one end of the map needs total war missions and the other doesn't... The ISC needs some allies... Not much I can do now without a reset, that sucks!  >:(  (hmm, but I could switch the whole missions pack to total war...lemme consider that)

Bonk:

You could try just editing the map to put a couple of Lyran "embassy" bases in ISC space, and change them to be allied to the Lyrans.  That should give the ISC an ally it can draw ships from for missions.  Make it plain that it is *illegal* for the Lyrans to make use of these bases.  It should be a long time before the ISC and Lyrans meet up.

I have no idea what effect allying them to a cartel will do, or if that would even help.  I've never tried that.

-S'Cipio
"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on the objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents."  - James Madison (chief author of the Constitution)

-----------------------------------------
Gorn Dragon Alliance member
Gorn Dragon Templar
Coulda' used a little more cowbell

Offline KAT Chuut-Ritt

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #70 on: October 29, 2004, 10:28:43 pm »
Ahh thats the crafty Gorn I know, getting Lyran helpers for the ISC on base assaults..... ;)

Gonna give you +1 good karma for that one, we Bastards have to stick together you know... ;D

Offline KBF-Nail

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #71 on: October 30, 2004, 12:12:25 am »
Tried as Andros on there. Went too look at one of the ships. I think it was the Conquistador. Locked my whole comp up. Just too let u know.

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #72 on: October 30, 2004, 06:26:12 am »
Tried as Andros on there. Went too look at one of the ships. I think it was the Conquistador. Locked my whole comp up. Just too let u know.

Thanks for the note. It works fine for me when I look at it in the vessel library. Mind trying again to see if it was coincidence or an actual shiplist issue?

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #73 on: October 30, 2004, 06:36:32 am »
Bonk:

You could try just editing the map to put a couple of Lyran "embassy" bases in ISC space, and change them to be allied to the Lyrans.  That should give the ISC an ally it can draw ships from for missions.  Make it plain that it is *illegal* for the Lyrans to make use of these bases.  It should be a long time before the ISC and Lyrans meet up.

I have no idea what effect allying them to a cartel will do, or if that would even help.  I've never tried that.

-S'Cipio

Thanks for the suggestion, but the problem is I cannot edit the current political tensions in the SQL db, they just make no sense at all... still a mystery to me. The initial tensions are there plain as day, but the current political tensions are encoded somehow. If I could change the current political tensions that would avoid a missions change. I'll try and find the time this weekend to decode the current tensions and fix this.

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
PvP kill
« Reply #74 on: October 30, 2004, 11:40:39 am »
Destroyed:
SPQRPardek.'s L-CWLp BPV:147 Dmg:74%

Survived:
SHG-Dax's Z-CC BPV:135 Dmg:2%

Battle location: 2,7
Battle Participants:
Host: SPQRPardek. Victory level: Devastating Defeat
Regular prestige: -150 Bonus prestige: 0
SHG-Dax Victory level: Victory
Regular prestige: 500 Bonus prestige: 0
AI
Empire Defence value shift: 0-->0
Cartel Defence value shift: 7-->7
Battle finished at: 2004-10-30 13:03:49
Suspected leader of Prime Industries, #1 Pirate Cartel

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #75 on: October 30, 2004, 11:41:44 am »
I tried to post the screenshot here but got an error message saying that the file was too big. Film has been uploaded to film-general.

I hope I have the file small enough now.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2004, 12:03:16 pm by SHG-TobinDax »
Suspected leader of Prime Industries, #1 Pirate Cartel

Offline GDA-S'Cipio

• Brucimus Maximus
  • Captain
  • If I took the bones out, it wouldn't be crunchy.
« Reply #76 on: October 30, 2004, 12:43:00 pm »

Thanks for the suggestion, but the problem is I cannot edit the current political tensions in the SQL db, they just make no sense at all... still a mystery to me. The initial tensions are there plain as day, but the current political tensions are encoded somehow. If I could change the current political tensions that would avoid a missions change. I'll try and find the time this weekend to decode the current tensions and fix this.

Doh!  Sorry.  I did not realize you were using an SQL database.  I've never run an SQL server, so I'm afraid I'm useless to you on this issue.

(Hmmm.... so what happens if you change the original settings in the current database?  I could be wrong, but I'm only remembering one tension matrix in the flatfile DB.  But like I said, I really know nothing about the layout of the SQL so they could be very, very different.)

-S'Cipio
"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on the objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents."  - James Madison (chief author of the Constitution)

Gorn Dragon Alliance member
Gorn Dragon Templar
Coulda' used a little more cowbell

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
Re: PvP kill
« Reply #77 on: October 30, 2004, 02:16:43 pm »
Destroyed:
SPQRPardek.'s L-CWLp BPV:147 Dmg:74%

Survived:
SHG-Dax's Z-CC BPV:135 Dmg:2%

Battle location: 2,7
Battle Participants:
Host: SPQRPardek. Victory level: Devastating Defeat
SHG-Dax Victory level: Victory
AI
Empire Defence value shift: 0-->0
Battle finished at: 2004-10-30 13:03:49

Thanks for the screenshot and film TobinDax, 10 points for the Kzinti! Look out, Pardek's gonna hunt you now...  ;D

Offline Soreyes

• Commander
  • It's Not News. It's CNN
« Reply #78 on: October 30, 2004, 03:40:56 pm »
Well does this

Destroyed:
Hexx's L-DWLpm BPV:117 Dmg:68%

Survived:
KOTHSoreyes's Z-DF BPV:74 Dmg:12%

Battle location: 9,4
Battle Participants:
Host: KOTHSoreyes Victory level: Victory
Regular prestige: 300 Bonus prestige: 1200
Hexx Victory level: Devastating Defeat
AI
AI
Empire Defence value shift: 5-->5
Battle finished at: 2004-10-29 22:38:04

Or this Count

Destroyed:
Hexx's L-DWL BPV:104 Dmg:62%

Survived:
deadmansix's H-LB BPV:150 Dmg:0%
KOTHSoreyes's Z-DF BPV:74 Dmg:16%

Battle location: 18,13
Battle Participants:
Host: Hexx Victory level: Devastating Defeat
deadmansix Victory level: Victory
KOTHSoreyes Victory level: Victory
Empire Defence value shift: 5-->6
Battle finished at: 2004-10-26 22:10:35

;D ;D ;D

[img width=600 height=150]

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #79 on: October 30, 2004, 03:45:17 pm »
Doh!  Sorry.  I did not realize you were using an SQL database.  I've never run an SQL server, so I'm afraid I'm useless to you on this issue.

(Hmmm.... so what happens if you change the original settings in the current database?  I could be wrong, but I'm only remembering one tension matrix in the flatfile DB.  But like I said, I really know nothing about the layout of the SQL so they could be very, very different.)

-S'Cipio

Bing! idea!... I can just copy from a race that has the desired current tension value to paste into the ISC part of the matrix... now how to ally them... I was thinking with the Roms and Andros...