Topic: USS Monitor FCC+ Refit >>>>> Available for Download  (Read 28057 times)

Offline Lord Schtupp

• Keep your Sword sharp...
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • ...and your intention true.
Re: USS Monitor FCC+ Refit >>>>> Available for Download
« Reply #80 on: June 21, 2005, 12:46:52 am »
Are these pics showing the aft mounted weapons as mentioned above?

Offline S33K100

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Brutal, savage, uncivilised, treacherous.
« Reply #81 on: June 21, 2005, 06:31:14 am »
Yae, they be the ones from IAMD, though that version is grossly underarmed, only has the front phaasers and torps seen in TOS and those rear phasers, no others are seen and they're all mysteriously 'hidden' until used like on the NX-01 ::)

Re: the Aurora, I think the reason some people get the impression of a Sovereign class, is the very smooth transition between the B/C deck superstructure and the engineering hull, the hull smoothly covers the back of the saucer and joins into the back of the bridge module, obviously the Sovereign doesn't have a module as it's such a big ship but the same shape is evident on that ship, the engineering hull continues fairly smoothly into the saucer (at least it does so completely on the fugly Nemesis version - CGI suxxorz the big one1111!!!) Fortunately for your ship all the other views aside from the top show the very different proportions of the 2 hulls. I like the hull the way it is myself.

P.S. the new Connie looks very sweet, are those details your textures of just the Casimiro plans layed over the mesh? Speaking of the plans, I've not had a chance to compare them with photos of the studio model, do you have any pics of the areas you think he got wrong?
If I determine the enemy's disposition of forces while I have no perceptible form, I can concentrate my forces while the enemy is fragmented. The pinnacle of military deployment approaches the formless: if it is formless, then the deepest spy cannot discern it, nor the wise make plans against it.

Sun Tzu 'The Art of War'.

S33K100: formerly Marauth

Offline Lord Schtupp

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #82 on: June 21, 2005, 10:27:19 am »

P.S. the new Connie looks very sweet, are those details your textures of just the Casimiro plans layed over the mesh? Speaking of the plans, I've not had a chance to compare them with photos of the studio model, do you have any pics of the areas you think he got wrong?

The only area is in the top view of the casimiro plans; the primary intercooler should definatly be parallel to the outer warp nacelle hull. but in the major areas such as saucer cross-section, engineering hull shape, b/c decks, shuttle bay etc. casimiro pretty much nailed it. This I was able to determine this thanks to TSP giving me a new source of studio model photos. I spent hours researching and making the photoshop comparison. Oh and Yes - they are just the plans mapped to the hull. This ensures accuracy of the mesh. I dont even want to go into how much my V1.0 mesh was off!. I have a 5000 poly target. I really need to get a pair of ACCURATE warps going so as to fit them to the Kittyhawk , Ptyor Velikovy, Mars and one or two other models I have going.

Offline Chris Johnson

• I used to be a Captain a forum or two ago...
  • Lt.
  • Hai! Hai!
« Reply #83 on: June 21, 2005, 11:08:31 am »
I never compared the Aurora to a Sovereign-class, but I do see a trait or two.  The only traits worth noticing being the torpedo launchers near the center of the ventral area of the saucer, actually a Constitution-class trait, but more Sovvie-like due to visibility.  Also, no "neck" area and a secondary hull thinner as you near the end of it.  But still, it's no Sovereign-class.  If anything, the Sovereign should be compared to the Aurora due to the Sovvie's retroized design, as it looks out of place in TNG-era Starfleet design lineage.  But I digress...

Here's a pic from that same website Schtupp dug up a couple of pictures from.  It clearly shows the "ball points" of where they are located, reminicient of the aft phasers from the Constitution-class refit.  So far, you're doing a nice job with re-doing your Constitution-class.  The engines in that WIP pic, look weathered and somewhat more-detailed I think, a plus in my book if that's what you intended.  Otherwise, it could just be my eyes need a checkup again.

As I've seen the Aurora WIP pics before, you know how much I like the Aurora. :)

"Oh, shut up!" -- Wil Wheaton to Wesley Crusher

Offline USS Mariner

• Heavy Cruiser, NCC-1712
  • D.Net Beta Tester
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #84 on: June 21, 2005, 11:22:48 am »
I never compared the Aurora to a Sovereign-class, but I do see a trait or two.  The only traits worth noticing being the torpedo launchers near the center of the ventral area of the saucer, actually a Constitution-class trait, but more Sovvie-like due to visibility.  Also, no "neck" area and a secondary hull thinner as you near the end of it.  But still, it's no Sovereign-class.  If anything, the Sovereign should be compared to the Aurora due to the Sovvie's retroized design, as it looks out of place in TNG-era Starfleet design lineage.  But I digress...

Here's a pic from that same website Schtupp dug up a couple of pictures from.  It clearly shows the "ball points" of where they are located, reminicient of the aft phasers from the Constitution-class refit.  So far, you're doing a nice job with re-doing your Constitution-class.  The engines in that WIP pic, look weathered and somewhat more-detailed I think, a plus in my book if that's what you intended.  Otherwise, it could just be my eyes need a checkup again.

As I've seen the Aurora WIP pics before, you know how much I like the Aurora. :)

Those are his old warp textures, too. ;)
"Improve a mechanical device and you may double productivity. But improve man, you gain a thousandfold." - Khan

Steam: Mariner1712

Offline Chris Johnson

• I used to be a Captain a forum or two ago...
  • Lt.
  • Hai! Hai!
« Reply #85 on: June 21, 2005, 11:26:33 am »
It's been a while since I've played SFC or thought of SFC models, much thanks to real life. *shrug* Otherwise I'd have known all my favorite models religiously. :) That, and I'm in an SFC1-ish nostalgic mood, trying to find what's left of available SFC1 mods I found in 1999 and 2000.

"Oh, shut up!" -- Wil Wheaton to Wesley Crusher

Offline Lord Schtupp

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #86 on: June 21, 2005, 11:32:05 am »

Re: the Aurora, I think the reason some people get the impression of a Sovereign class, is the very smooth transition between the B/C deck superstructure and the engineering hull, the hull smoothly covers the back of the saucer and joins into the back of the bridge module, obviously the Sovereign doesn't have a module as it's such a big ship but the same shape is evident on that ship, the engineering hull continues fairly smoothly into the saucer (at least it does so completely on the fugly Nemesis version - CGI suxxorz the big one1111!!!) Fortunately for your ship all the other views aside from the top show the very different proportions of the 2 hulls. I like the hull the way it is myself.

First off, I really like the way it looks... and that's kind of the problem! It doesn't quite smell TOS; it has more the aroma of TNG. Allow me to clarify- my first impression was that it reminded quite a lot of the post-TNG Sovereign (Ent-E). Now, I'd d/l it and play it as is just because it's pretty to look at. But I'd also be thinking of finding a Borg cube to kick the crap out of in a TOS mod... I guess I'd never finish any missions!

Hmm funny but I never even thought about the Sovy. Youre all gonna laugh but Originanally i wanted to build a simple SFB type of NCL. Well one thing led to another etc etc and 16 max files later this is about where she stands. If you look closely you can see that the sensor/deflector pod is removable, also note the two blue pods (stand in objects only). The purpose of this degree of modularity is for quick conversion for mission-specific pods: scout, ECM/ECCM, hvy weapons, carrier and so on, just as is described in the old old old SFB Expansion #2 for the general war. So its Late TOS. As for the simualrity to the Sovy it purly coincidental. This is what the hull is really based on:

'66 Dodge Charger R/T

Note the roofline.... ;D

Offline Rat Boy

• Bringer of the Funk
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #87 on: June 21, 2005, 11:35:41 am »
The General Lee?  Now that'd be interesting to see on a starship.

"Chaos Theory, Part II" now available.

Offline Smiley

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #88 on: June 21, 2005, 04:41:32 pm »
Urgh what an ugly vehicle!

Signature: Terran Empire Relentless: WZ, All Other Models: Smiley

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #89 on: June 21, 2005, 06:10:42 pm »

Actually the General Lee was a '69 I believe  (I'd have to look at the tail lights )  not a '66

The 66 was pretty cool  ..  but the '69 Charger and the Charger Daytona were my Fav.
If you aim at nothing:  you WILL hit it every time !

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #90 on: June 21, 2005, 06:21:49 pm »
Cars....
yeaokay im lost.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Lord Schtupp

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #91 on: June 21, 2005, 07:26:20 pm »
Urgh what an ugly vehicle!

lol yes. 60's Mopars are an aquired taste. You either love 'em or hate 'em.

Actually the General Lee was a '69 I believe (I'd have to look at the tail lights ) not a '66

The 66 was pretty cool .. but the '69 Charger and the Charger Daytona were my Fav.

I think General Lee was a 68, straight taillights IIRC. 68 = straight taillights, right? Anyway they were just good ole boys, never meaning no harm...

Yessir nothin wrong with a Daytona or charger for that matter....

Offline E_Look

• Grand High Scribe
  • Captain
« Reply #92 on: June 21, 2005, 09:29:14 pm »

Hmm funny but I never even thought about the Sovy. Youre all gonna laugh but Originanally i wanted to build a simple SFB type of NCL. Well one thing led to another etc etc and 16 max files later this is about where she stands. If you look closely you can see that the sensor/deflector pod is removable, also note the two blue pods (stand in objects only). The purpose of this degree of modularity is for quick conversion for mission-specific pods: scout, ECM/ECCM, hvy weapons, carrier and so on, just as is described in the old old old SFB Expansion #2 for the general war. So its Late TOS. As for the simualrity to the Sovy it purly coincidental. This is what the hull is really based on:

'66 Dodge Charger R/T

Note the roofline.... ;D

:rofl:

Inspiration is wherever you find it!  Keep on truckin'!

Offline Fedman NCC-3758

• Brother Federico the Feducator & Lord High Mokus
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #93 on: June 21, 2005, 09:33:53 pm »
  :woot:MOPARS !!      :woot:

The Star Spangled Banner bring hither,
 O're Columbia's true sons let it wave.
May the wreaths they have won never wither,
 Nor it's stars cease to shine on the brave.

Offline Rod ONeal

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
« Reply #94 on: June 21, 2005, 11:06:12 pm »
Hey, LS. Is that car yours? My folks had a '68 R/T, in the day. They traded a '66 GTO convertible for it. Those were the days. ::) Brand new, with a 440 magnum, the '68 went for $3,800.00. If they even built something like it today, it'd probably be $50,000.00.

...and Smiley, I hope that car haunts your dreams for uttering such blasphemy.  :P
If Romulans aren't cowards, then why do they taste like chicken?

Offline Fedman NCC-3758

• Brother Federico the Feducator & Lord High Mokus
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #95 on: June 21, 2005, 11:39:21 pm »
They definitely traded up, Rod.  ;)

Those that haunt the H&S boards have already been introduced to the "Bee".

Fed's  1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee   w/383 Magnum
The Star Spangled Banner bring hither,
 O're Columbia's true sons let it wave.
May the wreaths they have won never wither,
 Nor it's stars cease to shine on the brave.

Offline Lord Schtupp

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #96 on: June 21, 2005, 11:49:56 pm »
No but I wish it was lol. Its a Hemi R/T I found at a fansite today just to show what I was talking about. In the past I have owned a 68 Sport Satellite, 73 Challenger 70 Chevelle SS 67 Mustang 66 Ford Galaxy 69 Nova SS and the love of my life, 73 340 Cuda 4 speed - red of course. To say that I regret selling that one would be an understatement. blew 3 engines in the Cuda. Now Im down to 2 Corvairs, a 63 and a 65. Slow and cheap, but still cool.

You guys can see what Im talking about as far the Charger influence on the design of the Aurora right? in the side view; between the b/c decks all the way back to the warp pylons, upper half of the engineering hull. I tried to accentuate it with the texture.

Offline Lord Schtupp

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #97 on: June 21, 2005, 11:54:33 pm »
They definitely traded up, Rod.  ;)

Those that haunt the H&S boards have already been introduced to the "Bee".

Fed's  1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee   w/383 Magnum

WOW!  That is red hot!! beautiful mopar fed! Damn what a stud to have such a car... So does this have the Air Grabber hood? Thats the thing about Mopar, they always had the most radical features of the big three, easily.

Offline Rod ONeal

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
« Reply #98 on: June 22, 2005, 12:13:07 am »
Fabulous car, Fedman!!! 1971, the last year for real musclecars. :'(   ...and yeah, the Charger could trash the Goat, no problem. GTO's are still really cool, though.

:nastalgia alert:
We lived in Fall River Ma. It's a fairly large city. I can remember riding with him down Eastern Avenue, which was where everyone cruised their musclecars and hot rods. I was only 11yrs. old. Everyone would park their cars when he showed up because they didn't want him to challenge them. Man, I so wish that I was born 10yrs. sooner.
If Romulans aren't cowards, then why do they taste like chicken?

Offline Smiley

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #99 on: June 22, 2005, 04:12:53 am »
lol....haunts my dreams indeed!
Have you ever taken control of one of your dreams when you've realised that you're actually dreaming? I have a couple of times.
I think a magnetic wrecking ball and one of those scrap metal crunchers would be on the cards for that beastie...Muwahahahaaaa....!!!

Signature: Terran Empire Relentless: WZ, All Other Models: Smiley