Topic: The Forge - Info and Feedback  (Read 105844 times)

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
Re: The Forge - Info and Feedback
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2005, 06:06:28 pm »
The important part to note there is that I used a separate valid gamespy account. I also tried another account by using the "change the case of one letter of the e-mail" trick, it would not let me login and timed out on login counting down after the security check.

It is entirely possible that that old trick will no longer work with the changes made to the serverkit, that was never an intended feature, but rather a non-critical bug.

It is also possible, since you said you had two accounts yesterday that gamespy has changed their login server behaviour in terms of case-sensitivty in the e-mail address...

So, did you use a separate gamespy account or the change one character of the e-mail address trick?

I changed a letter to uppercase, which worked yesterday, but not today.
Suspected leader of Prime Industries, #1 Pirate Cartel

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2005, 06:12:19 pm »
I changed a letter to uppercase, which worked yesterday, but not today.

Interesting... must be gamespy then, as I did not change anything that should afffect that. Separate accounts still works fine on separate gamespy accounts.

Thanks for the report!

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2005, 06:15:33 pm »
Have DF Will Travel ;D

One other thing I noticed was a very nice selection of missions. To me it seemed that there were a equal amount of EEK, TG, and ED missions

8)

72 missions in total, up to 3 offered at a time, 19 TG missions, 19 EEK missions, 33 ED missions and one stock mission (starbase construction).

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2005, 06:26:25 pm »
I've only run half a dozen and all were smooth and it was nice to have some choices each time.  :thumbsup:
Suspected leader of Prime Industries, #1 Pirate Cartel

el-Karnak

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2005, 07:55:47 pm »
72 missions in total, up to 3 offered at a time, 19 TG missions, 19 EEK missions, 33 ED missions and one stock mission (starbase construction).

:rockinband:

Bonk is cool!!  Bonk is cool!! Bonk is cool!! Bonk is cool!!  Bonk is cool!! Bonk is cool!! Bonk is cool!!  Bonk is cool!! Bonk is cool!! Bonk is cool!!  Bonk is cool!! Bonk is cool!! Bonk is cool!!  Bonk is cool!! Bonk is cool!! Bonk is cool!!  Bonk is cool!! Bonk is cool!!

Offline KBF MalaK

• Just Another Target
  • Lt.
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2005, 07:59:38 pm »
Bonk,
  I just d/l'd the script pak and was wondering if is safe to let it install where it wants to (i.e. the O.P game directory).

I have Pesty's 3.2 O.P. enhancment pak already installed which includes a community script pak and the AOTK2 mod is still the active mod.

I'm I gonna goof something up if I let it install to the game directory ??
"Artificial Intelligence is not a suitable substitute for natural stupidity"                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

Offline Hexx

• Sexy Shoeless Lyran God Of War
  • Captain
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2005, 08:01:47 pm »
Missions seem to work fine but time warping seemd to be present

Took 2 different missions, both drew a Gorn HDD+ (YFA 7) in 64.

EDIT -Third mission had my CC draw a Gorn CA and a FLG+ (YFA 7)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2005, 08:24:07 pm by Hexx »
Courageously Protesting "Lyran Pelt Day"

Offline KBFLordKrueg

• Commander
  • KBF CO
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2005, 09:19:29 pm »
Bonk,
  I just d/l'd the script pak and was wondering if is safe to let it install where it wants to (i.e. the O.P game directory).

I have Pesty's 3.2 O.P. enhancment pak already installed which includes a community script pak and the AOTK2 mod is still the active mod.

You should run the OP+ restore on your desktop.  ;)
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2005, 09:53:20 pm »
Bonk,

If you have the Enhancement Pack installed and could login to AOTK2 (with Tracey's latest scripts) then you do not need The Forge Scripts pack - it contains the exact same scripts (selected ones) and would simply overwite the existing scripts.

You should run the OP+ restore on your desktop. ;)

Yes, run the OP+ restore, then uninstall the AOTK2 files using the add/remove programs dialog. And you should be all set to go!

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2005, 09:59:14 pm »
Missions seem to work fine but time warping seemd to be present

Took 2 different missions, both drew a Gorn HDD+ (YFA 7) in 64.

EDIT -Third mission had my CC draw a Gorn CA and a FLG+ (YFA 7)

Great! The screw Hexx factor is working perfectly!  ;D Dontcha just love SQL?

Seriously though, which missions were they?

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2005, 10:01:49 pm »
Just remembered, I need to edit the spares on the serverside list (and on the webmap copy).

Offline Soreyes

• Commander
  • It's Not News. It's CNN
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2005, 10:41:59 pm »
OH GAWD!!!!!!!   I forgot about the EEK dockyard raid....<wimper> please stop the pain ;D

A Z-DF and a Z-FLG have as much chance pulling off that mission, as say J'inn giving money to a charitable cause ;D

[img width=600 height=150]

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2005, 10:46:56 pm »
OH GAWD!!!!!!!   I forgot about the EEK dockyard raid....<wimper> please stop the pain ;D

A Z-DF and a Z-FLG have as much chance pulling off that mission, as say J'inn giving money to a charitable cause ;D

Be glad you're allied to the Hydrans! ;)

There's a trick to that one... I don't quite recall... get two docks destroyed before the reinforcements arrive, and run away? Something like that...

Offline Soreyes

• Commander
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2005, 02:08:17 am »
Be glad you're allied to the Hydrans!

Um Bonk the nearist Hydran Hex is about 30 Hexes away :o ;D

Offline Hexx

• Sexy Shoeless Lyran God Of War
  • Captain
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2005, 06:11:38 am »
One was a "courier" mission- that seemed to be a fancy name for simply killing the enemy ship
(two planets in it, maybe I was suppose to beam someone down, but it ended when the AI died so..)

Other was called Patrol and one was 'Deep Space Patrol" (I think) that was me vs the Two Gorn ships.
Courageously Protesting "Lyran Pelt Day"

Offline Soreyes

• Commander
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2005, 06:26:00 am »
yep  "Deep Space Patrol" most of the time is 1v2, or 2v2

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2005, 08:06:44 am »
Be glad you're allied to the Hydrans!

Um Bonk the nearist Hydran Hex is about 30 Hexes away :o ;D

I meant, be glad you don't have to attack hydran spacedocks! (They're a real bugger as I recall)

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2005, 08:10:51 am »
One was a "courier" mission- that seemed to be a fancy name for simply killing the enemy ship
(two planets in it, maybe I was suppose to beam someone down, but it ended when the AI died so..)

Other was called Patrol and one was 'Deep Space Patrol" (I think) that was me vs the Two Gorn ships.

Ah thanks, odd, I expected them all to be EEK missions, but you have indicated that one is simply called "Patrol" (either TG or ED).

For the EEK missions I'm pretty sure there is an explanation and it will stop in a few years. (could just start in mid...). No idea about the other one...

Perhaps with the next round of fixes I'll just start it in mid, to see what we get. I'm gonna work on the map and spares later today.

Offline KBF MalaK

• Just Another Target
  • Lt.
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2005, 08:19:42 am »
Bonk,

If you have the Enhancement Pack installed and could login to AOTK2 (with Tracey's latest scripts) then you do not need The Forge Scripts pack - it contains the exact same scripts (selected ones) and would simply overwite the existing scripts.

Well I didn't install a thing and logged on last night and this morning and all seems good, thanks.

Yes, run the OP+ restore, then uninstall the AOTK2 files using the add/remove programs dialog. And you should be all set to go!

I don't see an OP+ restore, but I did change back to OP+ from within mod chooser. I guess I can remove AOTK2 with add/remove since AOTK2 isn't active, right??
"Artificial Intelligence is not a suitable substitute for natural stupidity"                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2005, 08:25:12 am »

I don't see an OP+ restore, but I did change back to OP+ from within mod chooser. I guess I can remove AOTK2 with add/remove since AOTK2 isn't active, right??

I think so... (I do not use the mod chooser and did not study the AOTK2 batch files).