Topic: The Forge - Info and Feedback  (Read 107032 times)

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
Re: The Forge - Info and Feedback
« Reply #60 on: August 25, 2005, 04:08:02 pm »

Thanks, I think I'll edit the live map to add a planet... (and add it to the Artifex map).

edit: done!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2005, 04:33:48 pm by Bonk »

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #61 on: August 25, 2005, 05:20:52 pm »

Thanks, I think I'll edit the live map to add a planet... (and add it to the Artifex map).

Add a Homeworld for Each side if you want to control SPawning to make more sense.
Who'd thunk that Star-castling was the root of all evil . . .

Offline Hexx

• Sexy Shoeless Lyran God Of War
  • Captain
« Reply #62 on: August 25, 2005, 05:24:42 pm »
 I can access yards/repair on 17.38 yet it has no
base and/or planet.

Courageously Protesting "Lyran Pelt Day"

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #63 on: August 25, 2005, 05:26:53 pm »

Add a Homeworld for Each side if you want to control SPawning to make more sense.

Thanks for the tip, I kinda figured... I'll go over the map systematically to add one for each empire. (tomorrow)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2005, 06:08:07 pm by Bonk »

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #64 on: August 25, 2005, 05:32:07 pm »
I can access yards/repair on 17.38 yet it has no
base and/or planet.

Cool! (kind of) I haven't tried to add a planet to a live map before, it will probably take a reboot for it to work right. (lemme double check the maphex table to make sure I got it right..)

I may pass out though as the neighbor just started running a manure spreader over his field... peeeu!

edit: it just occured to me that I may have made the edit while you were logged in and your map had not updated but the supply check looks at the db independently... I'm betting thats it as the record for that hex ion the maphex table looks fine... lemme log in as a Klingon to see...

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #65 on: August 25, 2005, 05:46:26 pm »
edit: it just occured to me that I may have made the edit while you were logged in and your map had not updated but the supply check looks at the db independently... I'm betting thats it as the record for that hex ion the maphex table looks fine... lemme log in as a Klingon to see...

Nope that's not it... lemme try rebooting it and I'll delete that Gorn character that dogfighter accidentally created while I'm at it...
« Last Edit: August 25, 2005, 05:58:57 pm by Bonk »

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #66 on: August 25, 2005, 05:58:30 pm »
Yup, that was it, she needed a reboot to see the planet on the map... interesting, has implications for "terraforming" SQL mission scripts - either scheduled reboots will be required or the kit would need modification... economy changes do not though, as DarkElf and I had actually tested a working economic SQL mission script when he had his SQL mission reporting server up and running.... (anyone seen him lately?)

dogfighter, I deleted your Gorn character and ship and adjusted the server player count.

Offline dogfighter

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #67 on: August 25, 2005, 06:08:57 pm »
i got a new character. thanx for the help.

ed :)
your sssship iss ssssoft!

Offline KBF-Soth

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #68 on: August 26, 2005, 12:59:51 pm »
bump

Offline Soreyes

• Commander
  • It's Not News. It's CNN
« Reply #69 on: August 27, 2005, 02:58:17 am »
Bonk I think what I'm really enjoying about this server is the mix of missions. You may go for awhile with easy ones. Then BAM!!!! you pull a hellacious EEK mission to snap you back to reality ;D

[img width=600 height=150]

Offline Icehawk

• Commodore 9thFleet
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #70 on: August 27, 2005, 11:33:10 am »
server is not up since this mornin

**** We are the Blue Guard we are watching ****

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #71 on: August 27, 2005, 12:14:16 pm »
The server computer had shutdown, no idea why...  Serverkit restarted ok so it looks like the db was not corrupted. It should be good to go now. (Thanks for letting me know!)

el-Karnak

« Reply #72 on: August 27, 2005, 05:38:14 pm »
Quote from: Bonk
3) Will pull mission (think I may have newer ones somewhere around here that address this - we worked on it for ages...)

Goto to EEK-Scripts.com  ;D

It's the next Google.com :P, well...mb, not

But, a frog can dream.  :mischief:

Offline Hexx

• Sexy Shoeless Lyran God Of War
  • Captain
« Reply #73 on: August 27, 2005, 05:40:02 pm »
One of the missions has that annoying "running" AI ship, not sure which one (just clicked on accept mission) when I find
out can it get pulled?

Also- only seem to be getting one or two mission choices, weren't we getting 3-4 earlier?
(or was that one of my hallucinations?)
Courageously Protesting "Lyran Pelt Day"

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #74 on: August 27, 2005, 06:00:34 pm »
3) Will pull mission (think I may have newer ones somewhere around here that address this - we worked on it for ages...)

These ones should be current with those (2.21 as Pestalence included in the community scripts installer) pretty sure. I was thinking I might have some even newer ones you had done when we were testing this issue.  Lemme double check though....

Or does that ISCINV_Installer.exe have newer scripts again? (which the link for gives a 404 btw...)  I was just looking at that web tree a while ago, saw EEK scripts 2.21 there I think and one other.... I can check again...

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #75 on: August 27, 2005, 06:03:49 pm »
One of the missions has that annoying "running" AI ship, not sure which one (just clicked on accept mission) when I find
out can it get pulled?

Also- only seem to be getting one or two mission choices, weren't we getting 3-4 earlier?

Yes, the runner, gotta pull that one, drives me nuts... I think DieHard knows which one it is... if he doesn't recall I can set it to show the srcript file names for a while.

The missoin choices will depend on the terrain somewhat and plain old odds, it is set to offer up to 3 mission choices.

Offline Pojo92

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • "Raise your hand! Raise your hand if your sure!"
« Reply #76 on: August 27, 2005, 08:26:40 pm »
out can it get pulled?

Is the "runner" the one where the AI ship leaves the field of play and then just keeps on truckin, somehow without warping out of the sector?  I've had that one.  Most annoying. 

Also, after reading the accounts of the training (which I missed, dammit!) I can only assume that I must have been around a sun when that AI ship and my ship blew up for no apparent reason, though I'll be damned if I know where the damn thing was.
"The Red Death had long devastated the country.  No pestilence had ever been so fatal, or so hideous. Blood was its avatar and its seal--the redness and horror of blood."

el-Karnak

« Reply #77 on: August 27, 2005, 08:29:37 pm »

At EEK-Scripts.com, U can hit the "Mission Specifications" link to get to this page:

http://eek-scripts.com/Missions.htm

The v2.21 scripts are at the bottom.
These ones should be current with those (2.21 as Pestalence included in the community scripts installer) pretty sure. I was thinking I might have some even newer ones you had done when we were testing this issue.  Lemme double check though....

Or does that ISCINV_Installer.exe have newer scripts again? (which the link for gives a 404 btw...)  I was just looking at that web tree a while ago, saw EEK scripts 2.21 there I think and one other.... I can check again...

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #78 on: August 27, 2005, 09:31:33 pm »
Roger, Karnak.... actaully, it looks like the 2.1 scripts are in the community scripts installer which is where I started...  I'll update the missions in the next day or two and put that planet mission back in to see if we still see "no coop PP"...

Pojo, in the runner mission the "runner" flies to the edge of the map then returns to the field of play. What you describe is a bug of some kind that can happen in some missions. (re: where was the sun... to look around, hit F5 to release camera lock on target and then hit F5 again whan you wish to relock the camera on the target... can be handy sometimes...)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2005, 09:45:39 pm by Bonk »

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #79 on: August 28, 2005, 11:14:14 am »
Serverkit appears to have crashed... rebooted... maybe the db did get corrupted when the machine was rebooted (power went out?).

I may reset it when I put the newer EEK 2.21 missions on later today, to rule out a corrupted db from an unplanned shutdown. (SQL tables don't take well to a power outage...)