Topic: OT: You have to see this !!! WOW  (Read 28115 times)

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
OT: You have to see this !!! WOW
« on: August 13, 2007, 07:23:53 am »
Words just don't do this justice..............

Movie
http://www.gabekoerner.com/ent/trekreel002.mov

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
Re: OT: You have to see this !!! WOW
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 09:13:52 am »
I've seen. It's very Atolmian.
I wonder how long it will take for there to be a game model.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Red_Sharif

• Junior Programmer-At-Arms
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 10:23:17 am »

Didn't someone mention in an earlier thread that this model was in development? And I hope this model becomes reality sooner rather than later.

Offline Vipre

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2007, 02:09:30 pm »
Knew it was just a matter of time. I wonder how trek series models would have evolved over the last 40 years had this been the original series Enterprise.
Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,
   If aliens are real please let them know that I'm formally requesting asylum from the freakshow that is humanity."

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2007, 04:21:57 pm »
Global Illumination error in the left rear nacelle.. he might want to take a look at that.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2007, 06:54:46 pm »
cool model, that will make a great x tech ship for the tos period :)

Offline CC22

• Has been known to kitbash in the name of 'canon'...
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2007, 08:30:05 pm »
That is F***ing gorgeous! Don't get me wrong, TOS is great and the design of 1701 is a classic, but if they were to redo the series with this in it, then if for no other reason it would get my vote lol.
"For I dipt into the future, far as human eye could see, Saw the Vision of the World, and all the wonder that would be..."

Offline Shadowfleet

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Imagination - the best renewable energy source.
    • Shadows Wars
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2007, 09:02:23 pm »
 :o This isn't off topic! It NEEDS to be modelled for SFC! Way cool.

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2007, 02:09:49 am »
*grabs at model*

Thought this ship was great in the "ships of the line" book.

My only gripe is that the primary hull doesn't seem to be perfectly circular... but everything else about it makes me wants it bad!

Offline Rod ONeal

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2007, 03:19:58 am »

Didn't someone mention in an earlier thread that this model was in development? And I hope this model becomes reality sooner rather than later.

I was working on a low poly version. She's at around 7K polies and I thought it was a bit high and needed to be refined. I was working off of an earlier untextured version of the model. That's why my textures don't match Gabe's. Looks like he might have changed a couple things on the mesh, as well. The bridge, for one thing (Which I really spent a lot of time on, unfortunately :'().
Anyway, here's the version that I was working on. I haven't done anything on it for a few months now.
If Romulans aren't cowards, then why do they taste like chicken?

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2007, 03:32:00 am »
It looks like he changed the impulse engine area as well, but that is an outstanding start Rod  :thumbsup:

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline Rod ONeal

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2007, 03:43:10 am »
Yeah, MP. There's a lot of minor changes all over it, actually. The Impulse style was rolled back a lot. The version in the pics you're showing is quite a bit "less styled". Way way beter a TOS feel. I'll definatley redo it like the one you got here. I was making it a BB for SFC because of the rear firing torps. Plus, scale wise, it looked a lot bigger than the TOS or TMP Enterprise. She looked more like 500 meters than 300 in the version I was working with. (Thus the name USS Athena.)

The 2ndry hull looks a whole heap like Atolms TMP FDN, which is the older design of the 2. Not saying that Gabe's isn't original. Just stating that Atolm never saw Gabe's before he designed his DN.

Offline Starforce2

• Bridge Commander Ambassador
  • Commander
    • Nightsoft SFC File Dump
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2007, 04:44:18 am »
nice one rod. both of these seem to stem from that design from the ship of the line calendar that basicly had a heavily nx-ified tos connie.

Offline Darkdrone

• Drone
  • Lt.
  • Unimatrix One
    • Unimatrix One
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2007, 01:26:12 pm »

I was working on a low poly version. She's at around 7K polies and I thought it was a bit high and needed to be refined. I was working off of an earlier untextured version of the model. That's why my textures don't match Gabe's. Looks like he might have changed a couple things on the mesh, as well. The bridge, for one thing (Which I really spent a lot of time on, unfortunately :'().
Anyway, here's the version that I was working on. I haven't done anything on it for a few months now.

liking your textures far more m8 looks far nicer

DD

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2007, 03:46:18 pm »
DD makes a good point, why not also keep your as a TMP refit of this beauty? Ya know loose the def sat dish keep your impulse area and bridge etc........ ;)

Offline Rod ONeal

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2007, 01:19:32 am »
I'm gonna do a total remake. I think that I can shave quite a lot of polies off for the latter design. I'm not going to throw this mesh away though. If there's a desire for 2 versions I can do as you suggest.
I would like to attempt an accurate low poly version of the final design, though. Just for my own personal satisfaction. Game res accurate, at least. 8)

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2007, 04:48:01 am »
I'm gonna do a total remake. I think that I can shave quite a lot of polies off for the latter design. I'm not going to throw this mesh away though. If there's a desire for 2 versions I can do as you suggest.
I would like to attempt an accurate low poly version of the final design, though. Just for my own personal satisfaction. Game res accurate, at least. 8)

:thumbsup:

Offline Red_Sharif

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2007, 12:08:02 am »

Oh wow...

Rod, get this done please. I'll airmail you some of my wife's homemade brownies, if you do.  ;D

Offline Red_Sharif

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2007, 07:47:14 pm »
Just curious to know if you have had a chance to work on your version of this beautiful model, Rod.

Offline Navigator

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2007, 11:54:31 am »
That is F***ing gorgeous! Don't get me wrong, TOS is great and the design of 1701 is a classic, but if they were to redo the series with this in it, then if for no other reason it would get my vote lol.

Who knows maybe JJ Abrams will use this ship design in Star Trek 11, due out on December 25, 2008.  They just started shooting on Wednesday, November 7, 2007 (4 days ago) through March 2008.  Leonard Nimoy will play old Spock and Zachary Quinto (Heroes' Sylar) will play young Spock, along with Bruce Greenwood as Captain Christopher Pike and many other familiar TOS characters.

Here is a link to Star Trek 11 IMBD page:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0796366/

Here is a link to Trek Movie:
http://www.trekmovie.com/

Navigator NCC-2120 USS Entente
/\

« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 12:12:38 pm by NavigatorNCC2120 »