Topic: "SFCIII Editor" utility WIP  (Read 60474 times)

Offline JeffKnight

• Ensign
Re: "SFCIII Editor" utility WIP
« Reply #80 on: June 27, 2008, 08:11:47 pm »
really looking forward to this...  it would make my work on Unity 6 much easier and might motivate me to actually work on it for more than 30 mins a week (anymore and I start seeing the defaultcore in my dreams)

Offline Greenvalv

• Trekkie at large.....
  • Lt.
  • Sfc3files Dept Site Admin
« Reply #81 on: July 05, 2008, 04:54:00 pm »
Messed around with the Specs Editor UI some more:

As you can see, the arc button at the bottom right of the VL screen has been pressed displaying the arcs for the activated HP's.  At the bottom right is a variant selector.  Once you've found the loadout you want to edit, you would press the "Refit Variant" button to display the refit window:

Nothing else works yet (e.g. the "Common Settings" tab)... just showing ya'll a part of the overall look and feel of the util which is subject to change.

Offline Fedman NCC-3758

• Brother Federico the Feducator & Lord High Mokus
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #82 on: July 05, 2008, 08:14:46 pm »
Hopefully the last beta v0.9.9 of the HP Placer: ftp://www.dynaverse.net/sfc3/Utilities/HP%20Placer%20v0.9.9.rar

::Raises hand::

Needs direction to that  ship for download.   Danke.

The Star Spangled Banner bring hither,
 O're Columbia's true sons let it wave.
May the wreaths they have won never wither,
 Nor it's stars cease to shine on the brave.

Offline Greenvalv

• Trekkie at large.....
  • Lt.
« Reply #83 on: July 05, 2008, 08:24:29 pm »

Offline Fedman NCC-3758

• Brother Federico the Feducator & Lord High Mokus
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #84 on: July 05, 2008, 08:46:45 pm »

Danke.

Again.

The Star Spangled Banner bring hither,
 O're Columbia's true sons let it wave.
May the wreaths they have won never wither,
 Nor it's stars cease to shine on the brave.

Offline Centurus

• Old Mad Man Making Ship Again....Kinda?
  • Captain
« Reply #85 on: July 06, 2008, 12:04:13 am »
Fedman, keep in mind that ship was meant for a stock 534B install, so if you're gonna install it in a mod, it'll probably need some spec readjustment.
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline Spartan-039

• Master of the Tau Empire sept, Vor'kan
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #86 on: July 06, 2008, 12:12:41 pm »
Looking good, would be cool if there was a way to modify the game to all Halo ships in the game, but I've never seen a mod for SFC III that allows you to use both Covenant and Human ships, but probably just a pipe dream. *has a lightbulb pop over his head* I've got an idea, do any of ya'll want to try to make a Halo mod?
The Greater Good can not be stopped, it can only be delayed. Submit to it and be free.

Offline Greenvalv

• Trekkie at large.....
  • Lt.
« Reply #87 on: July 06, 2008, 02:36:35 pm »
Looking good, would be cool if there was a way to modify the game to all Halo ships in the game, but I've never seen a mod for SFC III that allows you to use both Covenant and Human ships, but probably just a pipe dream. *has a lightbulb pop over his head* I've got an idea, do any of ya'll want to try to make a Halo mod?
*looks at his utility*   *looks at the game*  it can (or will) be done, I has the technologies...  :D

Offline Greenvalv

• Trekkie at large.....
  • Lt.
« Reply #88 on: August 04, 2008, 06:40:33 pm »
Semester's over!!  Here's version 1.0 of the HP Placer: http://starfleetcommand3.filefront.com/file/SFCIII_HardPoint_Placer;92754

Resumed work on the Specs Editor...

Offline Greenvalv

• Trekkie at large.....
  • Lt.
« Reply #89 on: August 08, 2008, 12:18:27 am »
A little update on the Editor:

First of all, I've eliminated the Enabled/Disabled fields.  I'm figuring a better way to go about enabling things and leaving background programming to enable/disable certain things (i.e. leaving a Bridge or hull HP in the not-placed zone will automatically disable it, but all Power HPs must be enabled, something with the way the DefaultCore is written forces this).

Second, got all the arcs up there and a "Disable HardPoint" button which would discard any arc on a weapon HP and leave it blank (Or at least it will :P ).

Ah, got 2 more weeks of nothing to do but mash on the keyboard before the next semester begins...

Offline PigUp

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #90 on: August 08, 2008, 08:42:37 am »
Looks great. Only two things I would like to see added, maybe you already thought of them.

1. Add a Mine Arc. In mods like MiniDW some ships have a HP specifically for the antimatter mines, its arc is usually 0_0 so it can't be used for anything else other than the antimatter mine weapon.

2. Range checker. ShipEdit's range checker kept you from entering too high a number, or invalid character, for certain fields (like putting 14 or A in drone control for OP). The point was to prevent crashing. I don't know any specific limits for SFC3 off the top of my head, but you may want to think about it.

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #91 on: August 08, 2008, 09:13:35 am »
I don't think there are such limitations in SFC3 when it comes to a range checker.  At least I've never seen anything that would require such a feature for a utility in all the times I've speced ships for SFC3.
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline Greenvalv

• Trekkie at large.....
  • Lt.
« Reply #92 on: August 08, 2008, 11:34:28 am »
1. Add a Mine Arc. In mods like MiniDW some ships have a HP specifically for the antimatter mines, its arc is usually 0_0 so it can't be used for anything else other than the antimatter mine weapon.
Maybe I'll add a textfield so one can manually edit the arc...

2. Range checker. ShipEdit's range checker kept you from entering too high a number, or invalid character, for certain fields (like putting 14 or A in drone control for OP). The point was to prevent crashing. I don't know any specific limits for SFC3 off the top of my head, but you may want to think about it.
I should check that out, thanks...

Offline Greenvalv

• Trekkie at large.....
  • Lt.
« Reply #93 on: August 08, 2008, 05:41:34 pm »
A little help here fellas, does this look good (The weapon HPs)?

Makes things easier, but I don't want to produce something that looks like garbage...

Edit:  Might have just thought of something better, hang on...

Offline Greenvalv

• Trekkie at large.....
  • Lt.
"Refit Items" Editor WIP
« Reply #94 on: August 13, 2008, 09:17:46 pm »
*walks in*

Got a little frustrated with the Editor and decided to take a break (side-track) and do like I did with the HP Placer by designing a "Refit Items" editor:

With this you will be able to modify the CommonSettings that are specific to refitting a ship.

As you can see, I've added a comments text area to give a description about some text field or drop box you clicked.  As of right now, it can open and read all the refit items and item rules in the CommonSettings.  I just need to finish all the comments and implement the save feature.

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #95 on: August 14, 2008, 05:43:17 am »
*drools*

Offline PigUp

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #96 on: August 14, 2008, 09:32:12 am »
Sweet. On my wish list for a feature I hope is added is multipliers for pretty much everything. Because if you change one item's attribute it could effect the others. Say you increased the energy costs for all weapons (which is a task in and of itself to manually change), you would need to increase the power each warp core produces. Or say you wanted to decrease the hull cost for all ships because you increased the cost of all items.

Anyways, enough of my shameless plugging ;), keep up the great work Greenvalv :rwoot:

Offline Greenvalv

• Trekkie at large.....
  • Lt.
« Reply #97 on: August 14, 2008, 01:38:48 pm »
Sweet. On my wish list for a feature I hope is added is multipliers for pretty much everything. Because if you change one item's attribute it could effect the others. Say you increased the energy costs for all weapons (which is a task in and of itself to manually change), you would need to increase the power each warp core produces.
I can see this... and this is good *prepares to add an "Options" section*

Or say you wanted to decrease the hull cost for all ships because you increased the cost of all items.
This'll have to wait 'til I implement it into the editor as a whole.

Any more ideas, just post em...  8)

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #98 on: August 14, 2008, 02:03:12 pm »
How about having Tom Jones' song She's A Lady playing through the editor as you work on your ships.  ;D

Offline Greenvalv

• Trekkie at large.....
  • Lt.
Refit Items Editor BETA Released!
« Reply #99 on: August 18, 2008, 09:51:52 pm »
OPEN BETA!!! http://starfleetcommand3.filefront.com/file/SFCIII_Refit_Items_Editor_BETA;93162

This version (0.9.5) is a straight up editor... no fancy-smancy extras... just wanting to see if anyone can find any bugs and whatnot with the basics before I go adding special features... please click everything! alot of stuff will have comments associated with it, so have fun... I've tested it and the game runs without any problems...  NOW FIND THEM BUGS!!!