Topic: convert from EAW/OP to SFC1  (Read 11198 times)

Offline candle_86

• The Old School
  • Lt.
  • Position Gamma Hydra sector 10
convert from EAW/OP to SFC1
« on: September 05, 2009, 08:25:54 pm »
I used to know a guy who could do this, he used to run excelscior shipyard back in the day, did free conversions to SFC1 but we lost contact around 2001, when his site went down. I was wondering if anyone could help remove the lightmaps or tell me what I need to do to convert the models to SFC1. I don't own EAW/OP and the ebay prices are to much, I see them for 100+ and am sad I missed buying them for 20 bucks when I saw them lol. So if anyone would be willing to help there are sevral ships mainly by moonraker, cleeve, and Pneumonic81 who all made great ship models, ive seen them with the SFC model viewer but cant use lightmaped ships in game, and people stopped making versions without the lightmaps for some reason, I guess everyone but me moved on lol. Right now Ive got alot from fleetdock 13 and a few from staryards, but sevral like refit connie, excelscior and mirandia are only for SFC2

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
Re: convert from EAW/OP to SFC1
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2009, 11:19:43 pm »
If you are interested in trying it yourself you can download the Software from this thread

All you have to do is load the model and unselect the light maps and re-export it.

Other than that you would have to provide a list of ships, and hope someone has the time to do them.
Also check with FallenWarrior and Atheorhaven as they might have the ships you are looking for
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

America-Not the land of the free anymore...
 Its the land of the freeloaders

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline candle_86

• The Old School
  • Lt.
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2009, 11:44:19 pm »
if its that easy ill give it a whril, dunno why people stoped making SFC1 ships lol

and thank you for the help on this, one day i might find SFC2 and OP forsale cheap. I tried the demo of SFC3 and feels alien to me lmao.

now if only someone modded Starfleet Acadamey lmao

Offline Centurus

• Bow before the power of my rubber chickens!!!
  • Captain
  • Master of the Rubber Chicken!!!
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2009, 12:10:36 am »
Wicked Zombie releases his work in all versions of SFC, including SFC1.
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline candle_86

• The Old School
  • Lt.
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2009, 12:29:15 am »
cant find any of his stuff anymore, all ive got is staryards, omega sector, and fleetdock13, the rest of the sites I knew are gone. Unimatrix2, ricknoxxkitbash13.

If anyone knows a site that still is up that I don't know about let me know. I checked out starfleet command files but there lax, and I havnt the slighest clue how to convert from SFC3 to 1 lmao. Im still tring to figure out where lightmaps are

Offline candle_86

• The Old School
  • Lt.
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2009, 12:34:44 am »
ok im lost how do i select the lights

because according to gmax there are no lights on this ship, but I can see the light map

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2009, 03:28:10 am »
Open up the model in Gmax (import)
Go to the Material Navigator The 3 ballons in the upper corner
You will have to select each texture seperatily, by doulble clicking on it, which will open the material editor
Look towards the bottom at the header for maps
click the + sign to open that group, deselect the self-illumination map.

Once you do this for all the textures in the directory that have light maps export the model to a *.mod file. I usually put a _SFC1 or _1 (name_1) to the file so I don't over right the orginal
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

America-Not the land of the free anymore...
 Its the land of the freeloaders

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline candle_86

• The Old School
  • Lt.
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2009, 04:57:18 am »
Did those steps, and exported, thats the ship in model viewer, lightmaps still on, is there something im missing, I diselected then did export to .mod

and when I re import the model lightmaps are back on

Offline candle_86

• The Old School
  • Lt.
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2009, 05:19:55 am »
The only way I got rid of them was deleting every texture on the model, but I have no idea how to retexuture it myself. Cant I just select none, why isnt there an option to change it from a file to none, that would be a very nice feature instead of gmax renabling everything on export, its annoying as hell, and this is getting frustrating its giving me a migrane, I half of me wants to toss the whole computer out a window

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2009, 06:01:13 am »
You'll need to click the box with the name of the lightmap itself, and see if you can set it to None.
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2009, 06:01:44 am »
Oh, and WZ's new site is drs.battleclinic.com

Just copy and paste the link.

Offline candle_86

• The Old School
  • Lt.
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2009, 10:04:20 am »
You'll need to click the box with the name of the lightmap itself, and see if you can set it to None.

I dont see an option for non except in filtering, and if I click delete it stays were it is, its like im locked out of modifiny it period, nothing I do as any affect unless I delete all the textures. I might just got torrent 3dsmax and see if it works properly instead of this POS program
« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 10:27:30 am by candle_86 »

Offline IndyShark

• Last Knight Standing of the late, great KNF, Member GDA
  • Lt. Commander
  • Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2009, 11:04:34 am »
I wish we could convert the story from SFC1 to SFC2. I'd like to play that again...

Offline candle_86

• The Old School
  • Lt.
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2009, 11:54:48 am »
is the ISC story really that bad? I saw the trailers always wanted to play it looked good

Offline Roychipoqua_Mace

• Lt.
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2009, 12:39:56 pm »
is the ISC story really that bad? I saw the trailers always wanted to play it looked good

It's just not as fun as all of the special missions for each of the six races of SFC1. You can't beat the Tal Shiar and all of those fun missions (except the one that crashed all the time).

Offline candle_86

• The Old School
  • Lt.
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2009, 01:26:32 pm »
anyone have any ideas here, because im totally stumped. I can make CSS maps in hammer but I cant delete a texture in gmax lmao

Offline candle_86

• The Old School
  • Lt.
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2009, 03:11:28 pm »
well because apperntly you cant remove the lightmaps in gmax, is there another program I can remove these annoying thigns with?

Offline candle_86

• The Old School
  • Lt.
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2009, 03:24:31 pm »
I figured it out, if I reset the texture its gone, I got it finally, i just converted mirianda to SFC1 and tested to work

Offline candle_86

• The Old School
  • Lt.
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2009, 03:32:54 pm »
I can use any ship I want now woot:D

I dunno if this is the fastest way but my light maps are gone and my textures are still there

here is the P81 Mirianda to SFC1

also is there a good way or place to backthese up, msot of these guys emails dont work anymore, so I cant gain premission to submit them to be hosted anywhere, though its a simple remove of lightmap

I just did LC and Darkdrones EnterpriseC to SFC1 for instance, the other Ambrassdor class looks terrible compared

and now what do I need to remove for a model to work in SFC1 if it was made for SFC3?

also if all it is is not putting the lightmaps on, why dont modelers do this before applying lightmaps and make there ships work in all versions, im sure im not the only one using SFC im sure theres at least one other
« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 04:41:17 pm by candle_86 »