Topic: Star Trek Axanar  (Read 29569 times)

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
Re: Star Trek Axanar
« Reply #80 on: August 01, 2015, 11:02:20 am »
I read an interview months ago that said that the Enterprise seen being constructed in Axanar was not constructed at Axanar, it only looks that way from the way they edited Prelude.
Suspected leader of Prime Industries, #1 Pirate Cartel

Offline TAnimaL

• Lt.
    • Combat Logs from the Cold Depths of Space
« Reply #81 on: August 01, 2015, 04:56:29 pm »
Ultimately it doesn't really matter if Enterprise was assembled on the ground or in orbit. To me it makes more a lot sense to put the components together in orbit (similar to TMP) rather than have the whole thing on the ground and having to get it to orbit as in JJ-Trek but the case can be made either way. The ship's dedication plaque clearly say "San Francisco," so we'll ahve to wait to see "Axanar" to see if they contradict that.

small quibble - the original plot of ST3 had Romulans using the Bird Of Prey but the studio wanted Klingons. I don't think there was ever any "Kruge steals a cloak" plotline, AFAIK

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #82 on: August 01, 2015, 06:25:40 pm »
How can they call it editing when the narrator specifically states that Klingon intelligence has learned that the ships are being built there? Unless they were feeding them false intelligence it seems pretty clear. If they were feeding them false intelligence, then Kharn isn't as good as they say he was because that would be something that you would want confirmed by actual eyes on sight, be it by long range probe or a person seeing it, before committing a bulk of your forces for an invasion.

As far as STIII, you may be right. I read that a looooong time ago some details may have been lost.

Offline Tulwar

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #83 on: August 01, 2015, 10:39:10 pm »
I was reading some fan comments about the "problem" of where (not to mention when) the Enterprise and, ostensibly, the other Constitution class ships were actually constructed. On the one hand we have the original idea that they were built in Earth orbit. On the other hand we have the JJ-verse idea that they were constructed Earth-side and somehow launched into space. On the third hand (in commemoration of Lt. Arex) we have Axanar saying that they were built at Axanar, which helps build up their story. Of course, what ST really needs is more contradictions, so this has only caused to help that out with more disagreements. Adding in "non-canon" stuff only makes it worse between registry numbers being out of sequence and other tales that don't appear onscreen.

Don't give the JJ Abrams ST that kind of respect.  Everything Abrams presented in those films was completely backwards.  This is why the old fan hate him.  If a door was on the right in TOS, he put it on the left in his films.  ST IV, Kirk, "I was born in Iowa; I only work in outer space."  The same goes for the Enterprise.  In TOS, it was built in space, but in JJ Abrams film, it was built in Iowa.  It's a joke!  Get it?
Cannon (can' nun) n.  An istrument used to rectify national boundries.  Ambrois Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #84 on: August 05, 2015, 02:16:30 pm »
From Axanar Q&A

Why do you say in Prelude to Axanar that the Enterprise is being built in orbit around Axanar when it was built over San Francisco?

We don’t say that.  Go back and listen to Prelude to Axanar again.  Silly human.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------They say that starfleets' heavy cruiser is being built at axanar. The video used over that is of 2 ships, one of which is the enterprise. It's a tease to use the enterprise shot, or that's SFX that were already rendered that was conveneient to use?
I guess other constitution ships might be there while the Enterprise and 1 other is assembled at earth.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 02:30:01 pm by FPF-Tobin Dax »
Suspected leader of Prime Industries, #1 Pirate Cartel

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #85 on: August 05, 2015, 08:10:41 pm »
I never mentioned names. It said the new class of ship was being built there, hence the need for the attack. If they want to get specific, that's fine as Starfleet needed to get the bugs worked out before any others in the line were completed. We know Enterprise wasn't the first completed and there is no rule that says ships actually get built in the order they are numbered, especially if you are using different shipyards, so that jives well enough; except that the Klingons have three shiny new D7s headed for Axanar, so they had better have something in mind. 
:flame:

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #86 on: August 29, 2015, 07:56:31 am »
So when will it be finish? I mean that "movie"?

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #87 on: August 30, 2015, 05:19:47 pm »
Do they tell how much they have and how much they need?

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #88 on: October 13, 2015, 12:19:23 pm »
Lookin' good so far...