Topic: How do you add Marines, Fighters, and decrease weapon recharge?  (Read 4409 times)

Offline stopads

• Ensign
Hello,

Playing Starfleet Command 1 for the first time in years. Wondering if you know how to modify the sfbspc13.txt using ShipEdit Version 2.0.

Trying to add at least 60 marines to transport at the same time to capture ships, decrease weapon recharge time, like phasers, photons, etc..., and trying to add fighters to Romulan Battleship (R-KCN). Added 6 to the fighter fields using shipedit but they don't show and are blacked out.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help and advice :)

Offline TAnimaL

• Lt.
    • Combat Logs from the Cold Depths of Space
Re: How do you add Marines, Fighters, and decrease weapon recharge?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 01:09:44 pm »
It's been a while since I've touched SFC1 - are there even fighters in that game? Does shipedit work on the sfbspc13 file?

The Romulans certainly don't have fighters, and there's nothing in the spec file that will change weapon recharge time. Most of the players here have moved on to SFC:CE or OP or SFC3. There are some ways to give Roms fighters but I'm not sure those methods work in SFC1. Plus more weapons and race options in SFC:CE, you might want to consider moving up to that Worht every penny, in the Marketplace

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 01:50:04 pm »
The only race fighters work with are the Hydrans.  There was very little modability with SFC1, and I don't even think its possible with SFC2 or OP to decrease the weapon recharge time.  You should be able to add the Marines, but that's really about it.
"Your mighty GDI forces have been emasculated, and you yourself are a killer of children.  Now of course it's not true.  But the world only believes what the media tells them to believe.  And I tell the media what to believe, its really quite simple." - Kane (Joe Kucan) Command & Conquer Tiberium Dawn (1995)

Offline EschelonOfJudgemnt

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2015, 03:55:57 pm »
The only race fighters work with are the Hydrans.  There was very little modability with SFC1, and I don't even think its possible with SFC2 or OP to decrease the weapon recharge time.  You should be able to add the Marines, but that's really about it.

There was a lot of effort put in to exploring/editing the Starfleet Command executable here - Mainly involving EAW/OP/CE:
http://www.dynaverse.net/forum/index.php/topic,163394152.msg1123047652.html#msg1123047652

The guys working on this had some success with weapons and other tweaks, but this is probably WAAAAAAAAAAY more involved than a simple mod.  Nonetheless, if you have an afternoon and a bag of popcorn, it can make for some interesting reading if nothing else...

Don't remember if SFC1 was mentioned much at all (most of us are playing SFCII: EAW/OP/CE these days), so I don't know how much is known about the hex data/offsets for SFC1.

Offline I, Mudd.

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Still Building Models Nobody Wants ...
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2015, 04:44:31 pm »
I have included Shipedit2 for SFC in my download thread over in the Models Forum simply because it's so damned hard to find these days.

http://www.dynaverse.net/forum/index.php/topic,163394285.0.html