Topic: TOS Excelsior  (Read 13739 times)

Azel

TOS Excelsior
« on: October 12, 2003, 09:18:46 am »
This had just came to me yesterday...so I just did it
She just needs signage and windows(if anyone can help there...it would be most appreciated, thanks)
She will be lightnapped as soon as there are some windows and signaged...lol
But none the less engoy

And the zip

http://www.frost-works.com/watchtower/Excelsior.zip  

Bernard Guignard

Re: TOS Excelsior
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2003, 09:23:58 am »
looks nice as a Tos puppy.    

Azel

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2003, 09:29:22 am »
thanks man  

DonKarnage

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2003, 10:41:36 am »
look great, good work

can you try a tmp version of the defiant and voyager?

Terradyhne

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2003, 10:46:47 am »
the model looks good but an TOS Excelsior is not a good idea for me because the Excelsior is an typical TMP design  

Clark Kent

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2003, 11:14:14 am »
I have to admit that I was skeptical when I saw this post in the forum, but i looked anyway.  Turns out, I was right to take a look.  I actually like her, nice work.
CK

atheorhaven

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2003, 01:37:50 pm »
Quote:

She just needs signage and windows(if anyone can help there...it would be most appreciated, thanks)
But none the less engoy

I'm on it..

I have an idea for this puppy as well that I'll tell you in confidence in email, and it'll be really feasible and explainable.  

Azel

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2003, 01:45:13 pm »
Thanks guys

Quote:

the model looks good but an TOS Excelsior is not a good idea for me because the Excelsior is an typical TMP design  

I agree(but she is a looker isn't she )
If you want, look at it like this....lets just say : The Excelsior was supposed to to be produced just before the orgainian peace treaty...but because of that treaty the project had to be redefined from a space superiority ship to The next generation Transwarp testbed...just a thought

Quote:

I have to admit that I was skeptical when I saw this post in the forum, but i looked anyway. Turns out, I was right to take a look. I actually like her, nice work.

Well glad I peaked your interest man...Always glad to have you guys come around and comment

Thanks  

Rod O'neal

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2003, 03:45:23 pm »
Quote:

But none the less engoy

I'm on it..

I have an idea for this puppy as well that I'll tell you in confidence in email, and it'll be really feasible and explainable.    

I can't wait to see this done. Man, I'm really lovin' all the attention for TOS designs we're getting. Thanks Azel and Atheorhaven  

Azel

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2003, 10:15:25 pm »
Thanks Alec!!!  

Magnum357

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2003, 02:09:14 am »
Very nice work dude!  I never thought about making a TOS style Excelcior.  As a matter of fact, it kinda makes sense if you wanted to include it in a strictly "TOS" mode, or strictly SFB mode.   Again, good job!

Azel

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2003, 05:45:38 pm »
Thanks  

Rod O'neal

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2003, 07:29:55 pm »
Quote:

Very nice work dude!  I never thought about making a TOS style Excelcior.  As a matter of fact, it kinda makes sense if you wanted to include it in a strictly "TOS" mode, or strictly SFB mode.   Again, good job!  

It always felt a bit uncomfortable to use the standard TOS/SFB battlecruiser models in the BCE slot. This will give us something to put in there that will be a better fit IMO.  

Steelviper33

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2003, 08:26:25 pm »
Kick-ass model Atolm
Real looker

I downloaded her and her Texture maps are layed out wierd. Gonna be an issue for someone doing specs and what not.

Steelviper33

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2003, 09:12:39 pm »
Mind if i remap her?

Azel

« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2003, 09:15:57 pm »

Quote:

I downloaded her and her Texture maps are layed out wierd. Gonna be an issue for someone doing specs and what not.  

Ok man...Good luck
Sorry for the tough textures  

Steelviper33

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2003, 10:03:54 pm »
eh, no biggie. Just sayin'

sandman69247

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2003, 10:19:06 pm »
I like it, I like it!!

Desty_Nova

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2003, 11:44:53 pm »
Hey Azel. Rod sent me the ship. It looks great! I like how you handled the sensor dish. Want me to do light maps for it?

starforce2

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2003, 02:03:46 am »
those nacelled could use some updating. For example, you know thos "fins" on the back? How about doing 6 of them on each nacelle? Then the main intercollers in the middle, thatb have been NX-ified, about about adding those to the inside and outside of the nacelles, and maybe the top too. Really pack the gear on them nacelles, as they'd be the most advanced tos style nacelle ever built.

Azel

« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2003, 10:06:16 am »

Quote:

Hey Azel. Rod sent me the ship. It looks great! I like how you handled the sensor dish. Want me to do light maps for it?  

Sure if you want ...but first she needs windows and signage...without that we anit got much...  

Kaenyne

« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2003, 10:10:51 am »
Hey Azel.

Just stopped by to say I like your Excelsior.

You have a LOT of good ideas in that head of yours and you always surprise me.

You think of stuff that never would occur to me...a TOS Excelsior? I never thought of that!

James Formo

« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2003, 03:12:10 pm »
Hec yea,  this is nice. If you don't mind Azel. I may try giving a traditional TOS look texture wise. Though I know I said I was going to do a few other things that I never got to yet. There is just too much stuff coming out, can't put them in game fast enough. lol

Azel

« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2003, 03:32:26 pm »
NP James go right ahead  

atheorhaven

« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2003, 09:48:49 am »
Here's about where I am with this.. although I'm changing the lower saucer texture I tried back to something else..

The one thing that I've added since this shot was the registry lights... (and I'm boosting the amount of lighting on the nacelle glowies).  

Kaenyne

« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2003, 09:56:32 am »
She's coming along very nicely.

I still think it's neat that Azel came up with this. So simple, yet so cool...

Rogue NineCH

« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2003, 10:14:28 am »
I like the idea and this model is very cool looking, but I think it still looks too much liike a TMP design with TOS engines.  The saucer, neck and drive hull would need to be redone completely in a TOS style.  I am not trying to criticize here,  it looks like a great start so far, but more work needs to be done to make it TOS.

Azel

« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2003, 01:31:00 pm »
LOOKS REAL Cool so far Alec!!!
THanks!!!

Quote:

I like the idea and this model is very cool looking, but I think it still looks too much liike a TMP design with TOS engines. The saucer, neck and drive hull would need to be redone completely in a TOS style. I am not trying to criticize here, it looks like a great start so far, but more work needs to be done to make it TOS.  

Did you DL the Model yet man???
There is another version in there...alottle more retro looking...aspecially in the interhull.
I understand where you are coming from man, but  the ship was intended to be a Late TOS ship
Kinda like a mothballed project till TMP  

Steelviper33

« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2003, 03:07:04 pm »
Quote:

Here's about where I am with this.. although I'm changing the lower saucer texture I tried back to something else..

The one thing that I've added since this shot was the registry lights... (and I'm boosting the amount of lighting on the nacelle glowies).    

Damnit ive been shown up
-=shrug=- lookin good!

Rogue NineCH

« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2003, 07:12:06 pm »
Quote:

LOOKS REAL Cool so far Alec!!!
THanks!!!

Quote:

I like the idea and this model is very cool looking, but I think it still looks too much liike a TMP design with TOS engines. The saucer, neck and drive hull would need to be redone completely in a TOS style. I am not trying to criticize here, it looks like a great start so far, but more work needs to be done to make it TOS.  

Did you DL the Model yet man???
There is another version in there...alottle more retro looking...aspecially in the interhull.
I understand where you are coming from man, but  the ship was intended to be a Late TOS ship
Kinda like a mothballed project till TMP  

I was in a hurry for work this morning, I didn't realize that it's up for d/l already, I'll check it out the other version, although both will be in my game I like them.

Rod O'neal

« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2003, 09:00:37 pm »
Atheorhaven,
I don't often give suggestions to WIP, because I don't want to mess with the "flow" and like to see what the artist is going to come up with. If I can suggest one small thing though. What about putting the double red stripe around the top of the saucer like on the SFB War era designs? It might help with suggesting the late TOS look.  

Desty_Nova

« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2003, 09:35:20 pm »
Double red stripe? You think I should add those to my feds?

E_Look

« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2003, 12:15:53 am »
I like the way the dish sticks out of the secondary hull.

Reverend

« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2003, 02:14:07 am »
Quote:

I like the way the dish sticks out of the secondary hull.  

Yeah, me too- really give it a proto-Excelsior look... still Excelsior, just as though it was going to be too expensive to build at that moment- maybe this hull built and then instantly retired or sent off to do purely science missions... is this the U.S.S Cousteau as mentioned in Hellion Documentary? Couuullld be....  

Azel

« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2003, 02:38:28 pm »
Hey SteelViper..ant more updates from your version???  

Steelviper33

« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2003, 02:52:57 pm »
http://www.freewebs.com/mckinnley_station/TOS Excelsior 1.txt

Thats all i got, I just mashed it with Atra's Textures...looks okay, but im not entirely content with it, im gonna see what i can do to fix it in a few days.

atheorhaven

« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2003, 12:33:40 am »
I could do that... really, I could.  

(Had to remap the saucer so that it'd accept a standard saucer-type texture anyways, so adding those two red lines will help with the look.)

But here's my take on things...

Let's say that the Excelsior project was a project that was a long time in development (like the original Connie).  It could've started off as a testbed for new technologies in TOS times, and had multiple problems like underpowered nacelles (the technology not being in place yet for TMP and the higher powered TMP engines) structural reinforcement problems (a lot larger ship than even a Star Empire), and a good number of other problems that weren't resolved by the end of TOS.  At this time, it'd have recieved and kept NX-2000.

However, with the refit of the Enterprise, new tech was available.  A relook would've been done with the new tech available to refit and finally get the Excelsior flying and out of mothballs.  The warp engines would've been totally rebuilt to provide more power for the huge ship, the hull totally rebuilt, and few systems would've been left.  And then the transwarp engine project came up.  Another hull reinforcement, and upgrading of the SIF generators to try and handle the stresses of transwarp.  And then transwarp failure.  Going back to the rebuilt non-transwarp engine design with all the new SIF changes and other transwarp reinforcements remaining in place.  And there we go.  

However.. mouahaha.. I have another idea that I'm trying to send to Azel in private for this design as well.. (grin)..  However his Hotmail email addy appears to be not working, and all that... so methinks I need to send him a PM here on Taldren..

Azel

« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2003, 08:54:37 am »
Send the message to:
 Odontotyrannus@aol.com  

wanderer

« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2003, 11:09:55 am »
I look forward to the completion and release of both projects.  A TOS Excelsior design has been long overdue, and two are always better than one.

Speaking of TMP to TOS designs, I remember someone was working on a TOS Constellation at some point...

Rod O'neal

« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2003, 12:18:20 pm »
Well, I just popped Atra's Coventry-class in for my Miranda... Sure would be nice to replace the stock Excelsior next!  

Azel

« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2003, 10:21:11 pm »
Hey Alec...Did you get the modified one I sent you???  

atheorhaven

« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2003, 10:29:01 pm »
I did.. it overloaded my email as usual..

But it's saved.. I just haven't peeked at it yet.  Too much other stuff happening today.. (I'll post a message shortly)..

Azel

« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2003, 05:08:44 pm »

Quote:

I did.. it overloaded my email as usual..

But it's saved.. I just haven't peeked at it yet. Too much other stuff happening today.. (I'll post a message shortly)..  

LOL...Sorry man
But ok  

Azel

« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2003, 04:44:11 pm »
well???
lol  

Reverend

« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2003, 01:32:40 pm »
nice work Azel  

Fire Blade

« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2003, 10:39:21 pm »
Bump

Azel

« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2003, 10:32:26 am »
I see...lol
Thanks Rev  

Bernard Guignard

« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2003, 06:31:15 am »
bump for information.  

Azel

« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2003, 07:40:21 am »
Aye....bump

What is going on with this ship lol????

Fire Blade

« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2003, 09:36:09 pm »
Bump Bump Bump :banghead  

atheorhaven

« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2003, 10:00:22 pm »
Sorry guys.. been concentrating on getting *my* ship completed first for a change..

All I have to do is create an inner sphere that's textured for that, add a starship inside, and it's complete (and back to this one)..

E_Look

« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2003, 11:09:58 pm »
Darn!  Isn't everyone going a bit overboard with the animated smilies??  

Kaenyne

« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2003, 09:11:08 am »
I understand you wanting to finish your own original work, Atheorhaven.

I for one am looking forward to your TOS starbase! She is just what the doctor ordered!  

Fire Blade

« Reply #53 on: November 04, 2003, 11:29:25 pm »
Bump for news

Pataflafla

« Reply #54 on: November 05, 2003, 06:55:49 am »
I was skeptical, but I finally peeked in here and this TOS Excelsior ain't  bad.
I'm really diggin' the storyline you've come up with Alec.
As always......very talented and imaginative work, Azel.

You guys keep this up and I just might get the bug to start texturing again.  

Azel

« Reply #55 on: November 05, 2003, 07:33:10 pm »

Quote:

was skeptical, but I finally peeked in here and this TOS Excelsior ain't bad.
I'm really diggin' the storyline you've come up with Alec.
As always......very talented and imaginative work, Azel.

You guys keep this up and I just might get the bug to start texturing again.

Wow!!!  thanks man!!!
Comming from you that means alot !!!
Thanks  

Kaenyne

« Reply #56 on: November 06, 2003, 09:00:10 am »
More pics! More pics!  (please)  

Fire Blade

« Reply #57 on: November 06, 2003, 09:01:49 pm »
bump for news

atheorhaven

« Reply #58 on: November 06, 2003, 10:06:24 pm »
Sorry guys, but two unexpected days of being called in on my (days) off (thats plural) has meant not much has gotten done on anything, including the Excelsior.  

But in the next hour, I'll do some more work on both it and my station and try to get these both out this weekend.  Sound good?

Fire Blade

« Reply #59 on: November 06, 2003, 11:43:13 pm »
YES ! (jumps up & down with exitement)

Kaenyne

« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2003, 01:20:42 pm »
Bumpin' for the latest...

Fire Blade

« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2003, 03:38:22 am »
Bump  

Kaenyne

« Reply #62 on: November 24, 2003, 12:10:15 pm »
Still wanna know...

Azel

« Reply #63 on: November 24, 2003, 02:28:07 pm »
Me TOO  

Fire Blade

« Reply #64 on: November 24, 2003, 02:58:48 pm »
Bump again

Fire Blade

« Reply #65 on: November 26, 2003, 09:10:20 pm »
BUMP BUMP BUMP  

Kaenyne

« Reply #66 on: December 01, 2003, 12:49:14 pm »
Bump! OW!

atheorhaven

« Reply #67 on: December 01, 2003, 07:42:33 pm »
The latest.. Atolm/Azel asked me to bump the TOS Excelsior down just after the USS Reyes.  So the Reyes is getting finished first.  Which is a good thing, because I may grab the UV mapping on some other silly thing from the Reyes to add to the Excelsior so that that lower hull finally maps properly.  So given my work schedule and such lately, give it about a week and the Excelsior should be complete..

Kaenyne

« Reply #68 on: December 02, 2003, 11:20:02 am »
Good to hear!

I and a bunch of other folks around here are really looking forward to both projects.

Thanks for the update!

Offline FPF-Wanderer

• Order of Battle Wonk
  • Hot and Spicy
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Trek Nerd Since 1976
« Reply #69 on: January 08, 2005, 07:00:32 am »
A little old-time bumpage for Azel and atheorhaven.

So, fellas, what ever happened to this gem of a project?  I'd love to see it resurrected.
Alliance SAC, SG4 / Alliance SAC, RDSL / Federation A/RM: AOTK, SSII, GW4 / Federation Chief of Staff / Member of the Flying Circus / Alliance Map Guy

Offline Bernard Guignard

• Cad Schematics are our Speciality
  • Lt.
  • Trek Canon!!! I NO believe in TreK Canon!!!.
« Reply #70 on: January 08, 2005, 07:03:52 am »
What Wanderer said what ever happen to this one?  ;D

Offline Azel

• Captain
  • Read Only
  • Lt.
  • Captain
« Reply #71 on: January 08, 2005, 04:12:19 pm »
well, the ship is done ....But, the issue is still the lightmaps, and the registraion and windows....I think the way that the texture was mapped has something to do with it....I was trying all kinds of funky things when it came to texture mapping back in the day... :P
All Things End

Offline Dawntreader

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Captain Maverick, USS Dawntreader
    • Dawntreader Shipyard
« Reply #72 on: January 08, 2005, 04:29:15 pm »
I have that thing sitting on my hard drive!  Always seemed like an interesting concept, but I wish it had lightmaps.
Dawntreader Shipyard
"Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east."
-'Voyage of The Dawn Treader' C.S.Lewis

Offline Azel

• Captain
  • Read Only
  • Lt.
  • Captain
« Reply #73 on: January 08, 2005, 05:01:12 pm »
aye...sorry
All Things End

Offline Chris Johnson

• I used to be a Captain a forum or two ago...
  • Lt.
  • Hai! Hai!
« Reply #74 on: January 08, 2005, 05:34:00 pm »
It wasn't until recently when this thread was revived that someone had the interest of imagining a TOS-themed Excelsior-class.  I did once or twice but never truely went through imagining what it would be like TOS-style, yet it had a registry between that of the Heavy Cruisers and Dreadnoughts of SFB (some of which were mentioned by name and registry in ST: TMP with registry numbers higher than 2100).  I'd like to see what it would look like TOS Atolm/Azel-style.

"Oh, shut up!" -- Wil Wheaton to Wesley Crusher

Offline Azel

• Captain
  • Read Only
  • Lt.
  • Captain
« Reply #75 on: January 08, 2005, 05:54:25 pm »
lI already did the ship
All Things End

Offline Chris Johnson

• Lt.
  • Hai! Hai!
« Reply #76 on: January 08, 2005, 06:00:55 pm »
I know. *shrug* But seeing as I can't find any downloads of any models or any drawings at the moment for it... I guess I must look harder.

Offline stewiedude

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #77 on: January 08, 2005, 06:55:39 pm »
All image links are dead? Show Plz  :)

And a download link would be gr8 if its done  :)

Offline Azel

• Captain
  • Read Only
  • Lt.
  • Captain
« Reply #78 on: January 08, 2005, 07:55:11 pm »
LOL...sorry mates the DL is dead....I have the mesh and it is textured...but it needs the following:
windows
Lightmaps
Possible saucer retexture(I explained why in the earlier post)
registry and signage
BRKmod
and hardpoints

lets see if this works:
« Last Edit: January 09, 2005, 11:25:13 am by Azel »
All Things End

Offline stewiedude

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #79 on: January 08, 2005, 08:02:25 pm »
Thats a cool model..... as you have pointed out though.... needs a serious work over  :-\

Like the tan colour scheme, and the addition of the saucer dish, looks gr8

Good job  :)

Offline Azel

• Captain
  • Read Only
  • Lt.
  • Captain
« Reply #80 on: January 08, 2005, 08:18:47 pm »
thanks...It was an oldie  but a goodie at the time :)
Feel free to tweak her as you feel is nessesary...just share your results,  Thanks :)
All Things End

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #81 on: January 08, 2005, 09:07:53 pm »
Came up as a empty zip file any chance I can get the file E-mailed to me?
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

America-Not the land of the free anymore...
 Its the land of the freeloaders

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline Azel

• Captain
  • Read Only
  • Lt.
  • Captain
« Reply #82 on: January 08, 2005, 10:11:37 pm »
sure NP...I'll get it to you tomorrow ok???
All Things End

Offline GDA-S'Cipio

• Brucimus Maximus
  • Captain
  • If I took the bones out, it wouldn't be crunchy.
« Reply #83 on: January 08, 2005, 11:10:42 pm »
Really cool!

I must have missed this one the first time around.  But I like it.

-S'Cipio
"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on the objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents."  - James Madison (chief author of the Constitution)

-----------------------------------------
Gorn Dragon Alliance member
Gorn Dragon Templar
Coulda' used a little more cowbell
-----------------------------------------

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #84 on: January 08, 2005, 11:23:25 pm »
sure NP...I'll get it to you tomorrow ok???

Sure that would be great
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline Centurus

• Old Mad Man Making Ship Again....Kinda?
  • Captain
« Reply #85 on: January 09, 2005, 09:02:33 pm »
Repost link please???????  *gets on hands and knees*
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #86 on: January 10, 2005, 02:26:23 am »
Thanks for reminding me about this... she was almost done, I was remapping the lower saucer:

Hopefully the new images work properly.. I've been having fun trying to get anything uploaded recently..
« Last Edit: January 10, 2005, 02:40:30 am by atheorhaven »
..ooOOoo..totally useless information..ooOOoo..

Mare Imbrium Shipyards - http://mareimbrium.webhop.net

Don't bother checking out my website for the most recent updates, because I've
been too lazy to update it!  Check Battleclinic!

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #87 on: January 10, 2005, 03:50:26 am »
Alec just use the additional options area here and use it to upload the pics, its what I have started to use.

Offline Azel

• Captain
  • Read Only
  • Lt.
  • Captain
« Reply #88 on: January 10, 2005, 06:33:27 am »
Crap...all I get are the infamous "Red X's"
 :'( :'(
All Things End

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
"T:\Darren's\mods\all_models\Bubba Class\tos_excel.jpg"
« Reply #89 on: January 10, 2005, 11:27:25 pm »
Crap...all I get are the infamous "Red X's"
 :'( :'(

Yeah.. I saw that.. the server needs to be rebooted I think..

I'll try uploading them here..

Offline FPF-Wanderer

• Order of Battle Wonk
  • Hot and Spicy
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Trek Nerd Since 1976
« Reply #90 on: January 10, 2005, 11:29:45 pm »
Sweeeeeet.  ;D  Bring it on, brother!
Alliance SAC, SG4 / Alliance SAC, RDSL / Federation A/RM: AOTK, SSII, GW4 / Federation Chief of Staff / Member of the Flying Circus / Alliance Map Guy

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #91 on: January 10, 2005, 11:49:16 pm »
*does disco*  MORE MORE MORE!!!!!
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline Azel

• Captain
  • Read Only
  • Lt.
  • Captain
« Reply #92 on: January 11, 2005, 01:18:26 pm »
She looks good mate...I would loose alot to all the windows on the Brown area on the saucer though...as TOS ships didn't really have alot of them
also you may want to turn off some lights...lol
:)
 :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
All Things End

Offline stewiedude

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #93 on: January 11, 2005, 01:42:01 pm »
Yep.. Looks great, although I agree with AZ on the windows, they seem to take away the TOS feel... apart from that... top dog!!!

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #94 on: January 11, 2005, 10:45:20 pm »
Yep.. Looks great, although I agree with AZ on the windows, they seem to take away the TOS feel... apart from that... top dog!!!

They do have a point with the windows, but then again it occured to me that maybe this TOS Excelsior ship was the beginning bridge between the TOS and TMP eras.  I know, it's a stretch, but hey, couldn't it work?

Offline Chris Johnson

• Lt.
  • Hai! Hai!
« Reply #95 on: January 12, 2005, 01:01:38 am »
I really like the design.  It's a nice idea, although I'd shape it up a bit more for it to work in the TOS-era rather than aquire most of its looks from the TMP design.  Again, the design is still good basically, and I look forward to its completion.

Offline Azel

• Captain
  • Read Only
  • Lt.
  • Captain
« Reply #96 on: January 12, 2005, 12:45:41 pm »

They do have a point with the windows, but then again it occured to me that maybe this TOS Excelsior ship was the beginning bridge between the TOS and TMP eras.  I know, it's a stretch, but hey, couldn't it work?
That would be true...except that the TMP ships also had less windows...and the Excelsior saucer(like the other TMP and older TOS ships) only has windows on the saucer edges and sides of the ship ...in TNG the saucer of a Starship had windows on the saucer dorsally and/or ventrally)
All Things End

Offline Sandman3D

• Lt. Commander
  • Outalance Shipyards
    • SEDL
« Reply #97 on: January 12, 2005, 04:55:01 pm »
OOOHHH, missed this...looks great, but, as was said, the windows need to go...or be reduced in number at the very least. ;)
"Proudly you gathered, rank on rank to war,
As you heard God's message from afar;
All you had hoped for, all you had, you gave
To save mankind-yourself you scorned to save."

Offline Rhaz

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #98 on: January 12, 2005, 10:02:19 pm »
I have to agree on the windows - maybe if they weren't so bright.

Just my $0.2

Also, if the "neck" was smooth as opposed to ribbed, I think that would be more TOS looking

Rhaz

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #99 on: January 16, 2005, 08:29:23 am »
BUMP

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline Azel

• Captain
  • Read Only
  • Lt.
  • Captain
« Reply #100 on: February 28, 2005, 08:46:00 pm »
All Things End

Offline Chris Johnson

• Lt.
  • Hai! Hai!
« Reply #101 on: February 28, 2005, 09:35:44 pm »
The "ribbed" look on the "neck" gives her a more distinct feeling, like a work-in-progress to the final revolutionary design of the Excelsior-class, which shares barely anything in common to other styles of ship designing in her era, or so was the thought back then.

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #102 on: March 01, 2005, 07:21:46 am »
I have the original Azel, I could post it @ Battleclinic till we here from Alec on the status of his retextured version if you want me to.

-MP

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline FPF-Wanderer

• Order of Battle Wonk
  • Hot and Spicy
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Trek Nerd Since 1976
« Reply #103 on: March 01, 2005, 08:46:39 pm »
I have the original Azel, I could post it @ Battleclinic till we here from Alec on the status of his retextured version if you want me to.

-MP

Please do, sir.  :)

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #104 on: March 03, 2005, 10:29:48 pm »
-MP

Yeah.. sorry again for the long delay.

It is finished, but it's not as pretty as I'd like.. the secondary hull is still pretty rough and there is still some texture distortion on it on the secondary hull.

But it's definitely in a better state now.. and I'm going to try an experiment here to see if my buddies' server is up and running (the main reason why I've not been posting pix lately is due to a Mackie-space issue).  :p

If this works, you should see these test imgs.. if not, you'll get a lot of red X's..

And just to be sure, I'll attach the renderings I did of the ship to keep it relevant.. if the imgs work, I can put the ship up for download as well..

« Last Edit: March 03, 2005, 11:35:09 pm by atheorhaven »

Offline FPF-Wanderer

• Order of Battle Wonk
  • Hot and Spicy
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Trek Nerd Since 1976
« Reply #105 on: March 03, 2005, 11:51:22 pm »
 ;D 8) :thumbsup:

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #106 on: March 07, 2005, 07:33:56 am »
All right, it's up on Mani's FTP server... if I have it linked correctly here, it should be:

ftp://67.136.232.124/atheorhaven/TOS_Excelsior.zip

Hope that that's right.  :)

If not, get onto the FTP server, you should find a folder up there with my name on it, go in there and you should see it...

Offline Rhaz

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #107 on: March 08, 2005, 09:34:28 am »
Help! 

I can't get to the ftp site - I think I've got all of my setting correct, but I keep getting "Can't open data connection" errors in Mozilla.  In IE - I'm getting "can't find server"

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #108 on: September 26, 2005, 12:42:23 pm »
BUMP, could someone please repost a link for D/L of this fine ship. All the links are broken.

-MP

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #109 on: September 26, 2005, 04:24:04 pm »
wow !

To think this one started almost 2 years ago !
If you aim at nothing:  you WILL hit it every time !

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #110 on: September 27, 2005, 01:22:12 am »
Hmmmm..... this should be it... I remember how happy I was when this was released... it taught me some new meanings in patience.  ;)

Offline Rhaz

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #111 on: September 28, 2005, 08:20:49 am »
Well worth the wait Alec.!

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #112 on: September 28, 2005, 08:11:23 pm »
Well worth the wait Alec.!

As long as she's used and enjoyed, I'm happy.  :)  Screenies of it being used ingame by anyone.... I'm estatic.  That's pure gold for me... so if anyone ever gets the idea to send me some screenshots and are worrying about it filling my Inbox... I have a Gmail account and I store all my email locally.  Feel free, please!  :D

I'd love to see the ship get into scrapes, and am sitting here without any new screenies from any ship that I've worked on for almost 2 years now.  :p

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #113 on: September 29, 2005, 12:35:02 pm »
atheorhaven mind if i try a quick retexture for a giggle as i cant do any huge ammounts of work as sorting out my new house (most recent additions to people living with me is my freind russel and his 3 childern who i should be gagging soon and tying to the chairs:P ) but the textures should be nice and quick

Go for it... I followed my usual tradition on this one of using Atolm's own textures as a basis and built them up.. Doing this from scratch textures, I'd have gone for something more in line with Lord Schtupp's work.  :D

You'll find some weird texture mapping on this though, be forewarned.  ;)