Topic: TOS Excelsior  (Read 13710 times)

Azel

TOS Excelsior
« on: October 12, 2003, 09:18:46 am »
This had just came to me yesterday...so I just did it
She just needs signage and windows(if anyone can help there...it would be most appreciated, thanks)
She will be lightnapped as soon as there are some windows and signaged...lol
But none the less engoy

And the zip

http://www.frost-works.com/watchtower/Excelsior.zip  

Bernard Guignard

Re: TOS Excelsior
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2003, 09:23:58 am »
looks nice as a Tos puppy.    

Azel

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2003, 09:29:22 am »
thanks man  

DonKarnage

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2003, 10:41:36 am »
look great, good work

can you try a tmp version of the defiant and voyager?

Terradyhne

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2003, 10:46:47 am »
the model looks good but an TOS Excelsior is not a good idea for me because the Excelsior is an typical TMP design  

Clark Kent

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2003, 11:14:14 am »
I have to admit that I was skeptical when I saw this post in the forum, but i looked anyway.  Turns out, I was right to take a look.  I actually like her, nice work.
CK

atheorhaven

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2003, 01:37:50 pm »
Quote:

She just needs signage and windows(if anyone can help there...it would be most appreciated, thanks)
But none the less engoy

I'm on it..

I have an idea for this puppy as well that I'll tell you in confidence in email, and it'll be really feasible and explainable.  

Azel

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2003, 01:45:13 pm »
Thanks guys

Quote:

the model looks good but an TOS Excelsior is not a good idea for me because the Excelsior is an typical TMP design  

I agree(but she is a looker isn't she )
If you want, look at it like this....lets just say : The Excelsior was supposed to to be produced just before the orgainian peace treaty...but because of that treaty the project had to be redefined from a space superiority ship to The next generation Transwarp testbed...just a thought

Quote:

I have to admit that I was skeptical when I saw this post in the forum, but i looked anyway. Turns out, I was right to take a look. I actually like her, nice work.

Well glad I peaked your interest man...Always glad to have you guys come around and comment

Thanks  

Rod O'neal

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2003, 03:45:23 pm »
Quote:

But none the less engoy

I'm on it..

I have an idea for this puppy as well that I'll tell you in confidence in email, and it'll be really feasible and explainable.    

I can't wait to see this done. Man, I'm really lovin' all the attention for TOS designs we're getting. Thanks Azel and Atheorhaven  

Azel

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2003, 10:15:25 pm »
Thanks Alec!!!  

Magnum357

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2003, 02:09:14 am »
Very nice work dude!  I never thought about making a TOS style Excelcior.  As a matter of fact, it kinda makes sense if you wanted to include it in a strictly "TOS" mode, or strictly SFB mode.   Again, good job!

Azel

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2003, 05:45:38 pm »
Thanks  

Rod O'neal

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2003, 07:29:55 pm »
Quote:

Very nice work dude!  I never thought about making a TOS style Excelcior.  As a matter of fact, it kinda makes sense if you wanted to include it in a strictly "TOS" mode, or strictly SFB mode.   Again, good job!  

It always felt a bit uncomfortable to use the standard TOS/SFB battlecruiser models in the BCE slot. This will give us something to put in there that will be a better fit IMO.  

Steelviper33

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2003, 08:26:25 pm »
Kick-ass model Atolm
Real looker

I downloaded her and her Texture maps are layed out wierd. Gonna be an issue for someone doing specs and what not.

Steelviper33

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2003, 09:12:39 pm »
Mind if i remap her?

Azel

« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2003, 09:15:57 pm »

Quote:

I downloaded her and her Texture maps are layed out wierd. Gonna be an issue for someone doing specs and what not.  

Ok man...Good luck
Sorry for the tough textures  

Steelviper33

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2003, 10:03:54 pm »
eh, no biggie. Just sayin'

sandman69247

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2003, 10:19:06 pm »
I like it, I like it!!

Desty_Nova

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2003, 11:44:53 pm »
Hey Azel. Rod sent me the ship. It looks great! I like how you handled the sensor dish. Want me to do light maps for it?

starforce2

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2003, 02:03:46 am »
those nacelled could use some updating. For example, you know thos "fins" on the back? How about doing 6 of them on each nacelle? Then the main intercollers in the middle, thatb have been NX-ified, about about adding those to the inside and outside of the nacelles, and maybe the top too. Really pack the gear on them nacelles, as they'd be the most advanced tos style nacelle ever built.