Topic: USS Titan as envisioned by Ol'Buzzard :)  (Read 7925 times)

Azel

Re: USS Titan as envisioned by Ol'Buzzard :)
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2004, 03:22:37 pm »
OK I like the last version
more guns.....I say as much as a venture variant galaxy refit
it should be as much as a sovy...not more because the ship was in the same era  

ModelsPlease

« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2004, 05:27:22 pm »
On a final note sir leave her size exactly the way it is.It totally fits into the scheme of TNG. As to the developement and role of the Titan I just wanted to point out a few things.....

1) We cannot assertain how long it has been since the Dom War ended
2) What time passed between the Dom War and The Borg Assault in First Contact.
3)Time between First Contact and Insurrection.
4) How long was the Enterprise in drydock for her Nemesis refit.
5) How long she was in drydock for repairs after her battle with the Scimitar.Condidering the extent of her visual damage it must have been a few years.Case in point,look how long it took to repair the USS Cole and she only took one bomb hit.

The beauty of creating this ship is the luxury we have of conjecturing when her developement began.We know it took 20 years for the Galaxy project to take shape.so there is at least a 20 gap between E-C and E-D.If we speculate her developement along side of the Sovereign Class .it is easily concievable that she was   originally  designed to engage the Borg based on Starfleets early encounters with them.With the Borg no longer a threat as of this minute,and the E-E in drydock,being the newest ship in the fleet and as a show of strength (which at this point no one believes the Federation has anymore), why not have the Titan head up the Fleet during negotiations with the Romulans ? She has the 3 B's...
1)Beefy
2)Bad Azz
3)Beautiful

-MP

On a side note........Azels new destroyer could be the Fed answer to the Dominion Battleship.Hehehe cheap plug to get her modeled as well.But it is a great design.We can speculate that it was the culmination of everything the Feds hoped the Defiant would be. My $.02 on that.
And HAPPY FISHING SIR !    

olbuzzard

« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2004, 07:28:54 pm »
I will consider your presentation sir.  Excellent marks on all counts.  I do appreciate the review of the size of the ship.  Although I knows there was a large jump in size (historically) from the Connie refit to the Excelsior ...  it just seems that the size of the ship reviewed by "Miranda" was too large...  there have been no MAJOR technological break throughs (even in multivectoring tech ) that would indicate that a ship that large would be nothing less than lacking saverly in manueverability.

However, there are indications that there have been improvements in other areas that would make a ship the size of the Sovy (or even one just slightly longer ) that would make it a power house.  After fighting a war with the Dominion the Federation would be pushing hard to improve in those areas.  BTW ..  at the close of the movie (Nemesis) there was only an indication that months ( not years ) had passed.  So I still maintain that while the Scimitar incodent was fresh on their minds ... that was not able to affect the design of the ship.  I DO believe that as a result of that encounter that they sent the strongest ship that they had...   a newly completed "Titan".   There were other Sovys ( though not many) ... but they chose this ship for a reason.  I believe that reason was directly related to the "power" of this new vessel.

That brings me to this conclusion.  Unless someone can bring me a solid valid reason that we should not procede with this formatt she shall be launched as follows:

18 phaser arrays  (that is 50% more than the Sovy) ...  8 heavy torp tubes ...  
length: 689 meters  
width: (same as above)

all other specs ...  same as above   ( see comparrison picts above)

I will check back later this evening just before bet time...  ( time to get the tackle out and get ready for tomorrow )

BTW  ...  again much thanks to those who have take the time to review, encourage, and give input into this project.

Azel

« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2004, 07:56:54 pm »

Quote:

18 phaser arrays (that is 50% more than the Sovy) ... 8 heavy torp tubes ...
length: 689 meters
width: (same as above)

Ok ok ok....I have to step in here
I know for a fact that I didn't draw 18 phaser arrays( lol ) she has 13
I have to say that the amount of weapons on both the Sovy in Nemesis and the scimitar where absolutely rediculous
I mean 52 disruptor banks and 27 torps....com'mon thats a little nuts...even the TNG warbird(which everyone feared wassent fanboyed out like that...that really means that if the Scimitar fired all the weapons in her arc towards the Sovy she would have not survived at all...practically no debris either...hell and if they are using the same plasma torps as the TOS BoP then "F" alot of  planets)
a fed (canon)ship should have no more than 4 torp bays...this is not fan boy stuff after all
I mean that direct fire stuff is cool but if the ship can spead its fire aswell then you don't need that many
I say that the legnth should be 660-666 meters long

I all I am saying is that sometimes there exists a thing called overkill...and the Nemesis Sovy and the Scimitar are that
Unless the Tubes and Banks are Back ups(then that makes alot more sense...should something go wrong with the tubes or phasers than a back would then be initiated)

Ok I ranted enough
I just don't want this ship to go fanboy
I have a Fanboy ship its the Asiedes

Ryker

« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2004, 08:06:48 pm »
lol- agreed

Recommendations for maximum weapons load:

SAUCER section phasers:

Two forward ventral
Two forward dorsal

Two aft ventral
Two aft dorsal

Underslung (ventral) torpedo pod holding a 120 degree twin quantum torpedo turret (Sov has single turret tube, seems logical extension to have two side by side tubes in the same turret)

ENGINEERING HUL

One central dorsal (by the warp core ejection hatch)
One on the underside of each nacelle pylon
One on the top side of each nacell pylon

Aft photon launchers (4, one pair above shuttle bay at rear of ship, second pair by ventral hull intercut (by tractor beam emitter)
Forward photon launchers (4, one pair at engineering root of interconnecting hull (between saucer and engineering sections, one pair underneath deflector dish- both pairs facing forward)

This makes for

13 phasers
4 forward Photon launchers and 2 Quantum launchers (in torpedo pod)
4 aft Photon launchers

This doesnt sound over the top to me- if a ship is covered with phaser strips, it doesnt look that elegant  

Rat_Boy

« Reply #65 on: April 23, 2004, 08:12:28 pm »
So, in simple terms, is the Titan supposed to be more or less powerful than the Sovereign?  Once that question is answered, then you can go from there.  I suggest, for gameplay purposes, using the loadout Nanner gave the Sov for GaW, since that's fairly close to cannon, and I have the funny feeling that the Titan may be in a future build.

By the way, might I suggest for names of future ships of the class that you use the names of the Greek Titans?  Here's a list of them, although maybe naming one Uranus isn't such a good idea.

Azel

« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2004, 08:14:06 pm »
about the same as the Sovy or Galaxy refit  

olbuzzard

« Reply #67 on: April 23, 2004, 11:28:29 pm »
LOL  ...  more than one way to get people to speak up ...  and it worked !!!!!!!!!

WE will continue this tomorrow !!!!   LOL  

I still think my origonal idea was the best ...  14 to 16 Array with from  6 to 8 heavy torps.  As for the Sovy in the last movie being over the top...  I dissagree....  but the Scimitar...  most definately.  She was a preditor built for one purpose...  not just war ...  but a SPECFIC purpose.  

I see the Titan as being either about the same size as the Sovy or perhaps slightly larger with improved weapons and technology as a result of the Dominion War.  I use the example of the Defiant as a result of that type of application.  Not so much as size and so forth ... as the attempt of the Federation to "adapt" to the demands of the times.

Please think on this theory and see what we can come up with.

Gentlemen ... the answer is right in front of us..  and it's not that hard to get to.  

I'll be gone most of the day.. ssoooooo  I'll see ya then guys !

ModelsPlease

« Reply #68 on: April 24, 2004, 04:00:39 am »
If Titans weapons are the SAME or Less THEN existing ships.What sets her a part other then the way she looks? I don't think the Sovie's weapons are over the top but the Scimitar's were totally. If Titan is the next step for the Feds,I think Ol'Buzzards last weapon spec proposal is fine. And her size is very reasonable as well. BTW has anyone  stepped up to model her yet ? My $.02 is ask the lord of the undead, Wicked Zombie ,I like the work he did on the Sovereign,Integrity,and Cobra........ok I like all his stuff  
Never hurts to ask
-MP  

WickedZombie45

« Reply #69 on: April 24, 2004, 11:40:52 am »
Just because a ship is named Titan doesn't mean it has to be the size of a starbase. The Galaxy and Sovereign could appear huge compared to most other vessels in the quadrant, so the Titan wouldn't have be much bigger. The Feds usually give ships names of historical importance or name their ships after astrological/geological locations. Titan could simply be named after Saturn's moon. Also, the idea that the ship was built to counter the Scimitar doesn't hold up since Riker was given command of it long before they ever knew about the Reman ubership. I doubt they're will be any more Scimitars, or at least enough to justify building a whole new class of ships to fight them one-on-one. Afterall, even with all those Borg cubes and D'deridex warbirds flying around, Starfleet still didn't up their size standards. The Feds favor fleet action over ship-to-ship standoffs, and have a quality over quantity/size mentality.

The weapons loadout doesn't have to be overblown either, just as long as it is within the realm of reason. A slight advantage over the Sov and Galaxy seems appropriate. The Titan could also have enhanced shields, armor, and sensor systems to further set her apart from the others. There's more to a starship than just weaponry afterall.  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by WickedZombie45 »

sandman69247

« Reply #70 on: April 24, 2004, 01:30:47 pm »
Yeah, what he said...

Does this mean you're going to tackle this bad boy? Pretty please with undead dessert on top?  

olbuzzard

« Reply #71 on: April 24, 2004, 08:23:15 pm »
Ok guys...  WZ finally touched on just exactly what we wanted to hear ....

The name "Titan" historically does not implicate "huge" ...  It does however carry with it the conotation that it is distinctly of a battle or " warrior" class.  The Galaxy was definately for exploration .. though it has weapons that must be respected.  The Soverign was designed for a different purpose ... And the "Titan" IMHO is designed as a result of the conflict in the Dominion wars.

"Titan" is one tough "Warrior" with the equipment on board to back it up.  Historically the "Titans" were not neccessarily "huge or big " but they were definately known for being  strong, tough, fighters.

At any rate .. I think the last specs should be ok..

I'll do a recap ...  Been fishing all day and we need to put things away.   (Oh BTW...  second place with "Big Fish" ....  We still have the touch !!)  

NannerSlug

« Reply #72 on: April 24, 2004, 08:25:00 pm »
i agree with you 100% wz.

heres hoping that you might have taken the job of building her.

DarkScream

« Reply #73 on: April 24, 2004, 10:10:32 pm »
ok I dont know about the rest6 of you but I am getting goosebumps just thinking about the finished product lol  I cant wait to see this thing

Ryker

« Reply #74 on: April 25, 2004, 08:46:25 am »
Please Wiz, you could turn this dream ship into a real mesh, one which would be celebrated and enjoyed across the world...!

BUMP- This beauty deserves to be on Page 1    

ModelsPlease

« Reply #75 on: April 25, 2004, 04:33:57 pm »
  Bumping and begging. Please please please model the Titan  

olbuzzard

« Reply #76 on: April 25, 2004, 04:48:51 pm »
They may be waiting for a finaly analysis on the total phaser arrays ...  I just sent Azel a PM on it..  I have a pretty good idea ...  but I'm reviewing the sketches with him just to make certain that we are satisfied with the final count.

( at least I'm hoping that is all we are waiting on !!  heheh  !! )

Great bunch of guys though ..  there are several that are quite good at this sort of thing and a few more who really do great textures as well.  Someone will step up...  all in good time.  Have faith bud ...  all in good time !

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by olbuzzard »

Spartan

« Reply #77 on: April 25, 2004, 07:04:02 pm »
Make her one hell of a battle cruiser and you've sold one to me   Sweet drawings so far bud.

Someday (when I get a repreave from work)  maybe I'll come up w/ a Great Lakes class battle cruiser, always love the BCH's

I am looking forward to the model Buzz.

Ryker

« Reply #78 on: April 26, 2004, 05:13:44 am »
bump    

Core

« Reply #79 on: April 26, 2004, 10:37:38 am »
Quote:

1) We cannot assertain how long it has been since the Dom War ended
2) What time passed between the Dom War and The Borg Assault in First Contact.

on this note i can say that the firs contac insedent hapend during the dom war ther is an eap in ds9 to suport my staitment