Topic: USS Monitor FCC+ Refit >>>>> Available for Download  (Read 28048 times)

Offline Lord Schtupp

• Keep your Sword sharp...
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • ...and your intention true.
Re: USS Monitor FCC+ Refit >>>>> Available for Download
« Reply #60 on: June 20, 2005, 09:11:08 am »
Wow that compliment is better than the model itself lol Thanks buzzard :thumbsup: (reminds me I need to update my website. the only dl links available are at the beginning of this thread. Doh!)

Ive been messing around whith this light cruiser design for a few months now, but Ive been so nitpicky that its difficult to get it finshed, esp with reallife issue and whatnot:

Offline Mr_Tricorder

• 3D modeler /animator
  • Hot and Spicy
  • Lt. Commander
  • Trekkie at Large
    • My myspace page
« Reply #61 on: June 20, 2005, 10:41:42 am »
I like that one.  It looks pretty much finished to me, but if you can improve on it, then by all means do so.

Offline Lord Schtupp

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #62 on: June 20, 2005, 10:48:40 am »
Its mainly the textureing and cutting up the mesh for mapping thats holding it up. Ive showed this over at Atras forum for a while now and I have received some good suggestions over there.

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #63 on: June 20, 2005, 10:53:17 am »
Very very nice ship !!!!!!
-MP

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline Rat Boy

• Bringer of the Funk
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #64 on: June 20, 2005, 11:19:37 am »
That Aurora is looking slick.  Have you considered re-redoing your Connie in light of the new(er) version seen on ENT with the aft weapons?

"Chaos Theory, Part II" now available.

Offline Lord Schtupp

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #65 on: June 20, 2005, 12:07:47 pm »
That Aurora is looking slick. Have you considered re-redoing your Connie in light of the new(er) version seen on ENT with the aft weapons?

No dammit I havnt seen it (i dont get UPN), but I sure would like to see some good screencaps of that. I have been working on my Connie V2.0, all new mesh based on the casimiro plans seen here mapped to the hull. The warp engines here are the old ones but they will be all new as well. I'll try to do a full set of regs + blanks as i usually do. I havnt forgot about the Hornet ;D

Offline USS Mariner

• Heavy Cruiser, NCC-1712
  • D.Net Beta Tester
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #66 on: June 20, 2005, 12:33:16 pm »
I assume the hull is slightly modifed from the plans, as well as the B/C deck, so account for their slightly inaccurate shapes? I rmember you giving a long dictation on "Conny Blueprint Quality" back when TSP made his.
"Improve a mechanical device and you may double productivity. But improve man, you gain a thousandfold." - Khan

Steam: Mariner1712

Offline E_Look

• Grand High Scribe
  • Captain
« Reply #67 on: June 20, 2005, 12:37:59 pm »
Hey Schtupp, would you mind a (small, large, depends on your view of things) critique about the Aurora?

Offline USS Mariner

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #68 on: June 20, 2005, 12:45:41 pm »
Hey Schtupp, would you mind a (small, large, depends on your view of things) critique about the Aurora?

I doubt you've convered things as nitpickily as I have, but why not?

BTW, if it's about the bussards on the second pic, ignore them. The most recent WIP is the one with IaMD style bussards, which I suggested. :)
"Improve a mechanical device and you may double productivity. But improve man, you gain a thousandfold." - Khan

Offline Lord Schtupp

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #69 on: June 20, 2005, 12:49:39 pm »
I assume the hull is slightly modifed from the plans, as well as the B/C deck, so account for their slightly inaccurate shapes? I rmember you giving a long dictation on "Conny Blueprint Quality" back when TSP made his.

No not really (a bit perhaps). TSP was more right than I was it turns out. After much further study of new pics of the model I decided that the casimiro plans are pretty much right on the money. The only spot that I feel is inaccurate is the primary intermix/intercooler on casimiros warp engine. Im sure that it is closer to parallel to the centerline of the nacelle than he has it, but thats about all. THis mesh isnt final either. One things for sure its a LOT more accurate than my V1.0, built using the handdrawn everhart plans, the most accurate available at the time (2002)

In my comparison, I overlayed the sinclair plans with the casimiro plans in photoshop (all views), then studied the differences and compared those with new pics of the studio model that TSP sent me links to.

Offline Lord Schtupp

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #70 on: June 20, 2005, 12:51:24 pm »

No not at all. Whats on your mind?

Offline Lord Schtupp

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #71 on: June 20, 2005, 12:55:08 pm »

I doubt you've convered things as nitpickily as I have, but why not?

BTW, if it's about the bussards on the second pic, ignore them. The most recent WIP is the one with IaMD style bussards, which I suggested. :)

Geez THATS for sure lol!

Mariner class has helped make it a better ship, that much is certain. Note that the diiferent pics are at different stages of development, the top one is most current.

Offline Rat Boy

• Bringer of the Funk
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #72 on: June 20, 2005, 02:11:00 pm »
No dammit I havnt seen it (i dont get UPN), but I sure would like to see some good screencaps of that. I have been working on my Connie V2.0, all new mesh based on the casimiro plans seen here mapped to the hull. The warp engines here are the old ones but they will be all new as well. I'll try to do a full set of regs + blanks as i usually do. I havnt forgot about the Hornet ;D

Meh, forget the Hornet.  I've recently developed a fondness for the Yorktown.

Offline USS Mariner

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #73 on: June 20, 2005, 03:12:11 pm »
The Kitty Hawk can beat the sh*t out of both. ;D

Offline Khalee1

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #74 on: June 20, 2005, 03:35:30 pm »
Wow that compliment is better than the model itself lol Thanks buzzard :thumbsup: (reminds me I need to update my website. the only dl links available are at the beginning of this thread. Doh!)

Ive been messing around whith this light cruiser design for a few months now, but Ive been so nitpicky that its difficult to get it finshed, esp with reallife issue and whatnot:

I hope you know your holding up my mod because of your nitpickyness. Geter done allready. :P

Offline QobnuH

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #75 on: June 20, 2005, 09:04:01 pm »
Man! I keep saying "enough FEDS" Then without hesitation d/l anything schtupp and wz make. It figures...just as i gave up on the Antares... this thead shows up. I just (yesterday) finished bashing one of your fed transports into a tos frigate to fill the slot. Guess thats why we have a recycle bin.

Offline E_Look

• Grand High Scribe
  • Captain
« Reply #76 on: June 20, 2005, 09:11:25 pm »

No not at all. Whats on your mind?

[Uncovers garbage can and stands up]

First off, I really like the way it looks... and that's kind of the problem!  It doesn't quite smell TOS; it has more the aroma of TNG.  Allow me to clarify- my first impression was that it reminded quite a lot of the post-TNG Sovereign (Ent-E).  Now, I'd d/l it and play it as is just because it's pretty to look at.  But I'd also be thinking of finding a Borg cube to kick the crap out of in a TOS mod... I guess I'd never finish any missions!

[/Bends back down and pulls lid back on]

[Pops out temporarily]

Uh, anyone else with that perception??

[/Pops out temporarily]

Offline Rat Boy

• Bringer of the Funk
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #77 on: June 20, 2005, 10:04:22 pm »
You know, E, maybe it's just the chair that got smashed into my head talking, but now that you mention it, it does vaguely look like the Sovereign.  Vaguely, mind you; might not look that way when my brain's no longer concussed.

Oh, and Schtupp, one question: what's the difference between Connie 1.0 and 2.0, for those of us who don't have comparison pics handy?  And would somebody hook this man up with some HDTV screencaps of the ship from ENT?

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #78 on: June 20, 2005, 11:01:52 pm »
Just gotta mention this.. this is a stellar lookin ship... going to have some fun playing with it.  :D
..ooOOoo..totally useless information..ooOOoo..

Mare Imbrium Shipyards - http://mareimbrium.webhop.net

Don't bother checking out my website for the most recent updates, because I've
been too lazy to update it!  Check Battleclinic!

Offline USS Mariner

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #79 on: June 20, 2005, 11:24:19 pm »
You know, E, maybe it's just the chair that got smashed into my head talking, but now that you mention it, it does vaguely look like the Sovereign.  Vaguely, mind you; might not look that way when my brain's no longer concussed.

Oh, and Schtupp, one question: what's the difference between Connie 1.0 and 2.0, for those of us who don't have comparison pics handy?  And would somebody hook this man up with some HDTV screencaps of the ship from ENT?

http://benni.info/StarTrek

They aren't fullsize HDTV but it's all of Season 4