Topic: OT: You have to see this !!! WOW  (Read 28111 times)

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
Re: OT: You have to see this !!! WOW
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2007, 12:48:15 am »
BUMP for Rod, any updates on yours ?

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline Rod ONeal

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2007, 03:15:31 am »
I have a new mesh that I'm texturing ATM. I'm gonna try real hard for Christmas release, if I can get permission from GK.
If Romulans aren't cowards, then why do they taste like chicken?

Offline darkthunder

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • If you see me running, try to keep up.
    • digital-Underground
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2007, 11:02:50 pm »
Would love to see some pics of your version, textured or un-textured doesn't matter :D
// Darkthunder

Offline Rod ONeal

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2007, 04:26:49 pm »
Well, it's at a really unflattering point in the texturing right now. I'll get a little further along and post some pics.

Offline Red_Sharif

• Junior Programmer-At-Arms
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2007, 01:00:17 am »
I have a new mesh that I'm texturing ATM. I'm gonna try real hard for Christmas release, if I can get permission from GK.

Perhaps a New Year's release? :P

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2007, 02:02:21 am »

He never said what year andthings take as long as they take
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

America-Not the land of the free anymore...
 Its the land of the freeloaders

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
  • "The Terminator" Pestalence_XC, Xenocorp
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2007, 03:30:27 am »
I have that ship as my desktop.. It Rocks..

"You still don't get it, do you?......That's what he does. That's all he does! You can't stop him! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!"

Member :
Xenocorp / Dynaverse.net Moderator & Beta Test Team
SFC 4 Project QA Coordinator
Taldren Beta Test Team
14 Degrees East Beta Test Team
Activision Visioneers SFC 3 Beta Test Team

Offline Red_Sharif

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2007, 02:15:57 pm »

He never said what year andthings take as long as they take

I thought the ' :P ' would be enough to let everyone know that I was foolin' around. Guess not...  ::)

Offline Fedman NCC-3758

• Brother Federico the Feducator & Lord High Mokus
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2007, 02:22:24 pm »

I concur ... very nice.

Must plant listening post ......   :BoeseSmilies (71):

:thumbsup:

The Star Spangled Banner bring hither,
 O're Columbia's true sons let it wave.
May the wreaths they have won never wither,
 Nor it's stars cease to shine on the brave.

Offline Rod ONeal

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2008, 02:40:39 am »
Well, I haven't managed to stick to any timetable on this. Here's some WIP pics. It's an all new mesh made from MP's reference pics.. Not the one I had shown earlier. I believe that the reference pics were stretched. I don't think it was supposed to have an oblong saucer. So, I corrected them and then made the mesh. I'm going to concentrate on her a bit more, promise. I did the nacelle textures today. I'll probably work a bit on the pylons tonight as well.

Offline Red_Sharif

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2008, 05:42:05 am »
Spectacular work, Rod. And please take all the time you need to make this beauty perfect.

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2008, 05:59:38 am »
Wow, Rod, that's a beauty.

Offline I, Mudd.

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Still Building Models Nobody Wants ...
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2008, 07:29:31 am »
Now , if there was ever a model that made me wanna kitbash something, this is it.

Truth be told, I also started this mesh several weeks ago, but was dissatisfied with my end result ... and I wanted to do Saladin and Federation Class ships based on this design. (I may yet do that ... unless someone else likes that idea and steps to the plate ... because speaking of plates, mine's full ... lol)

But ... this ... this is way better. Can't wait to make her my fcx!

JM.

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2008, 09:53:10 am »
lol... I like her too, but she wouldn't be a FCX.. this ship is for the new Star Trek XI movie coming out in 2008 that shows a new Kirk.. the ship is actuall the NCC-1701

Check out the information about the new movie at http://www.startrek.com/startrek/view/series/MOV/011/index.html

or you can watch trailers and fan made clips at YouTube. Check out the fly by and pahser firing of it.
This is Fan Created though, so the phasers may not be accurate.. but check other links on site.

The ship I guess is suppose (I THINK) to be between TOS and Motion Picture.. she is the NCC-1701 but Pre- Enterprise Class Refit in Motion Picture..

an FCX is post NCC-1701-B and Pre NCC- 170-1-C..

But I agree in OP it would look cool as an FCX.. but the role would be more suited to FCA(x) according to timeline.

The render above is a bit different is design in the nacells and in the secondary hull.. but it is very close to the Movie XI version of the ship.

However Kudos on the design.. she looks fantastic.. keep up the good work !!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 10:37:36 am by Pestalence_XC »
"You still don't get it, do you?......That's what he does. That's all he does! You can't stop him! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!"

Member :
Taldren Beta Test Team

Offline Rod ONeal

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2008, 10:36:03 am »
Has this design actually been declared the "next" Enterprise? I know it's been rumored to be, but I didn't know it was confirmed. If so, I'll have to do alternate regs. as well.

It's supposed to be a pre-TOS design, isn't it? The timeline for the movie is before TOS, anyway.

I'm going to slot it in as the FBB, in my game. Judging from the size of the windows on the saucer this ship is larger than the original NCC-1701 by a fairly good amount. There's also the rear firing torps. I just thought she fit as a FBB in game. I could do 2 different HPs, if people want more options though.

Thanks for the encouragement, all. :)

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2008, 10:44:17 am »
Has this design actually been declared the "next" Enterprise? I know it's been rumored to be, but I didn't know it was confirmed. If so, I'll have to do alternate regs. as well.

It's supposed to be a pre-TOS design, isn't it? The timeline for the movie is before TOS, anyway.

I'm going to slot it in as the FBB, in my game. Judging from the size of the windows on the saucer this ship is larger than the original NCC-1701 by a fairly good amount. There's also the rear firing torps. I just thought she fit as a FBB in game. I could do 2 different HPs, if people want more options though.

Thanks for the encouragement, all. :)

Officially, no..

but the Model is from the Directors CGI bin.. the actual movies on YouTube are fan created..

It is a major possibility that she will be the "new" TOS enterprise.. but not 100% sure..  the Director also had 4 other models including the reimaged TOS Enterprise from the remastered DVD's...

This one used in Fan Films seems to be the most accepted since the Director is looking for FAN feedback while making the movie...

Anyhow, I would have to say I'm about 80% sure that they will use this ship in the Movie.. but 20% of me says they will use the TOS Remastered version..

Member :
Taldren Beta Test Team

Offline Vipre

• Commander
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2008, 11:08:03 am »
lol... I like her too, but she wouldn't be a FCX.. this ship is for the new Star Trek XI movie coming out in 2008 that shows a new Kirk.. the ship is actuall the NCC-1701
Are they really going to adopt this for the movie?

Just as background for anyone that might not know, this ship was designed by Gabriel Koerner specifically for the 2007 Star Trek Ships of the Line calender.
Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,
   If aliens are real please let them know that I'm formally requesting asylum from the freakshow that is humanity."

Offline AsYlUm

• Follow the white rabbit
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2008, 05:06:24 pm »
Great job man... looks sweet.. and remember, take ur time, and finish when ur ready  8)

Now , if there was ever a model that made me wanna kitbash something, this is it.

Truth be told, I also started this mesh several weeks ago, but was dissatisfied with my end result ... and I wanted to do Saladin and Federation Class ships based on this design. (I may yet do that ... unless someone else likes that idea and steps to the plate ... because speaking of plates, mine's full ... lol)

JM.

hmmmm mr mudd u may have given me my next project  8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD3YBxBlR5E         <-- gagarin video

Offline Centurus

• Bow before the power of my rubber chickens!!!
  • Captain
  • Master of the Rubber Chicken!!!
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2008, 06:52:40 pm »
Great job man... looks sweet.. and remember, take ur time, and finish when ur ready  8)

JM.

hmmmm mr mudd u may have given me my next project  8)

*uses the powers of his rubber chickens to implants repeating voices into AsYlUm's mind that say*  If you build it, they will download it.  If you build it, they will download it.
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline I, Mudd.

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Still Building Models Nobody Wants ...
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2008, 07:01:40 pm »
I, for one, would love to see you put the same love into that project you are putting into your TNG Connie, AsYlUm.

F9thCenturus  ... the rubber chicken ... lol ... too funny! (makes me think of that ATHF episode on adult swim with the witch doctor ..." Arise, chicken, arise ... chicken arise ...") The mental picture I have is priceless, worthy of a photoshopping ... lol!

JM.