Topic: OT: You have to see this !!! WOW  (Read 28112 times)

Offline Centurus

• Bow before the power of my rubber chickens!!!
  • Captain
  • Master of the Rubber Chicken!!!
Re: OT: You have to see this !!! WOW
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2008, 07:17:06 pm »
Have you not read my caption?  I am THE MASTER OF THE RUBBER CHICKEN!!!!  MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline AsYlUm

• Follow the white rabbit
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2008, 07:32:36 pm »
Lol.. ty, but it is a seriously cool idea, same theme of connie rebuilt into a saladin class, and then who knows what........  im thinking a kick ass miranda with extra weapon pods variant?  ::)

hmmmm now that sounds good enough too eat  ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD3YBxBlR5E         <-- gagarin video

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2008, 07:34:41 pm »
Lol.. ty, but it is a seriously cool idea, same theme of connie rebuilt into a saladin class, and then who knows what........  im thinking a kick ass miranda with extra weapon pods variant?  ::)

hmmmm now that sounds good enough too eat  ;)

What about a Mars and Federation Class, and why not even a Constellation Class with the same theme?
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline Vipre

• Commander
« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2008, 04:57:26 am »
Lol.. ty, but it is a seriously cool idea, same theme of connie rebuilt into a saladin class, and then who knows what........ im thinking a kick ass miranda with extra weapon pods variant? ::)

hmmmm now that sounds good enough too eat ;)

The full TOS line remade in this style is way too good to hope for. It'd probably cause the universe to implode.  :o
Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,
   If aliens are real please let them know that I'm formally requesting asylum from the freakshow that is humanity."

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2008, 05:01:58 am »
Lol.. ty, but it is a seriously cool idea, same theme of connie rebuilt into a saladin class, and then who knows what........ im thinking a kick ass miranda with extra weapon pods variant? ::)

hmmmm now that sounds good enough too eat ;)

The full TOS line remade in this style is way too good to hope for. It'd probably cause the universe to implode.  :o

Hmmmm.......

Hopefully later this year I'll be making some money.  If this project hasn't been done by then, I will seriously consider paying someone to make a whole fleet of ships on this theme.  I didn't say I would pay, I said I would seriously consider.

Offline I, Mudd.

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Still Building Models Nobody Wants ...
« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2008, 11:07:00 am »
YES!!! A CONSISTANT FLEET!!!

Guaranteed Download Here!!!!

See, this is why I love the TOS/Pre-TOS era ... It can be just as sleek and refined as any other era, with a little imagination; without pissing all over tradition. Sure, Gabe's Enterprise ain't your daddy's Constitution Class ... But it DOES look like a believable 22-23rd century Starship that pays homage to what has come before.

JM.

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2008, 11:11:26 am »

See, this is why I love the TOS/Pre-TOS era ... It can be just as sleek and refined as any other era, with a little imagination; without pissing all over tradition. Sure, Gabe's Enterprise ain't your daddy's Constitution Class ... But it DOES look like a believable 22-23rd century Starship that pays homage to what has come before.

JM.

Does that mean you'll take a stab at it?  :-D  Maybe go all out and make one with an 11k poly limit?  :-D  And high res textures?

Offline Red_Sharif

• Junior Programmer-At-Arms
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2008, 11:17:32 am »

JM.

Count me in to kitbash any models with these design cues to fill in the gaps in the fleet. ;)

Edit: oops

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2008, 11:20:03 am »
Red Sharif, I think you might want to modify that last post of yours.  You put your reply in the quoted posts.  :-p

Offline I, Mudd.

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2008, 11:26:10 am »
11k??!!! Are you MAD? Most folks gripe at anything over 6k ... But it does sound appealing.

No - I'm TRYING to stay focused here. I really want to build the ships of the Four Years War and the Romulan War ... at least get a good healthy start on it before I move on to other things ...

... but this IS tempting.

Besides, Rod has a GREAT jump on things here. Maybe when I clean my plate up a bit, but until then, I'm just as excited to see these proposed ships as you are.

;D

JM.

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2008, 11:27:53 am »
11k??!!! Are you MAD? Most folks gripe at anything over 6k ... But it does sound appealing.

No - I'm TRYING to stay focused here. I really want to build the ships of the Four Years War and the Romulan War ... at least get a good healthy start on it before I move on to other things ...

... but this IS tempting.

Besides, Rod has a GREAT jump on things here. Maybe when I clean my plate up a bit, but until then, I'm just as excited to see these proposed ships as you are.

;D

JM.

Ok, how about 9k?  I won't gripe.  As long as I can get her into the game, and she looks good, I'm happy.  :-D

Offline Rod ONeal

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2008, 12:48:39 pm »
Here she is with the pylons painted and lighting that is more representative of the source pics.
She's 6900 polies (a bit higher than I hoped for.) She's also all one piece. So, kitbashing will be a bit tough as pulling parts off will leave holes. We'll have to look into that when the time comes.

If Romulans aren't cowards, then why do they taste like chicken?

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2008, 02:27:09 pm »
Looks fantastic Rod.. :D
..ooOOoo..totally useless information..ooOOoo..

Mare Imbrium Shipyards - http://mareimbrium.webhop.net

Don't bother checking out my website for the most recent updates, because I've
been too lazy to update it!  Check Battleclinic!

Offline Red_Sharif

• Junior Programmer-At-Arms
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2008, 11:55:00 pm »
I can't wait to see the paintjob you apply to the secondary hull. Excellent work.

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #54 on: January 05, 2008, 07:07:21 am »
the borg are coming, the borg are coming

quick we need that ship.

what?, you did not install the hollow deck yet?, who cares, its not the love boat its a war ship, we need weapons not a movie theater.  :D

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #55 on: January 05, 2008, 07:19:38 am »
the borg are coming, the borg are coming

quick we need that ship.

what?, you did not install the hollow deck yet?, who cares, its not the love boat its a war ship, we need weapons not a movie theater.  :D

The Love Boat.  Soon we'll be making another run.  The Love Boat...................

Offline Shadowfleet

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Imagination - the best renewable energy source.
    • Shadows Wars
« Reply #56 on: January 06, 2008, 09:55:24 am »
Looks absolutely AWESOME! Thanks for sharing. Polies are a bit high but not bad considering the increased computing power of CPUs and GPUs since SFC was released. besides if you're going for a good number 69 is always a winner ;)

Best part -- I bet she'll kill the borg real good! PLEASE keep us updated.

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #57 on: January 06, 2008, 11:25:57 am »
The polies are just right.  :-D

Offline I, Mudd.

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #58 on: January 06, 2008, 12:45:01 pm »
I tend to agree ... anything smaller sacrifices too much ...

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #59 on: January 06, 2008, 01:40:43 pm »
Agreed.  Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing the final ship be more around 8-9k polies.  :-D  But that's just me.  :-D