Topic: OT: You have to see this !!! WOW  (Read 28129 times)

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
  • "The Terminator" Pestalence_XC, Xenocorp
Re: OT: You have to see this !!! WOW
« Reply #80 on: January 19, 2008, 08:56:01 am »
Well the Movie version is showing it's head.. here is the screen shot of the Enterprise under construction

looks a lot like Gabe's ship but until we get a full view of her, it may just be and enhanced version of the TOS ship before it's painted the thermal coat Grey.

Here is Gabe's ship from the front.

So what do you guys think so far?

Possible match?

To me the ship from the Teaser Trailer looks more like the CGI Enhanced version of TOS than it does Gabe's ship.. I don't think they changed the ship.. I believe they stuck to Canon concerning the ship.

but Gabe's ship would sure be cool to have in the game and the model render above is looking fantastic.. keep the great work up !!!!

"You still don't get it, do you?......That's what he does. That's all he does! You can't stop him! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!"

Member :
Xenocorp / Dynaverse.net Moderator & Beta Test Team
SFC 4 Project QA Coordinator
Taldren Beta Test Team
14 Degrees East Beta Test Team
Activision Visioneers SFC 3 Beta Test Team

Offline I, Mudd.

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Still Building Models Nobody Wants ...
« Reply #81 on: January 19, 2008, 09:01:09 am »
The overall shape of the nacelles DOES look like Gabe's influence ... but we need more to be sure. Looks GREAT in any case.

JM.

Offline Vipre

• Commander
« Reply #82 on: January 19, 2008, 01:43:01 pm »
It may be influenced but it's not an exact match to the Gabe pic above.

The trailer E has a plate seam running right along the center line, Gabe's has two each off center. The name Enterprise in the trailer is very straight while Gabe's shows a clear curve. The nacelle domes look a lot alike, both have a large circle in the center. The bridge structures also look alike.

The nacelles in the trailer pic seem awfully close to the primary hull, could just be an optical illusion. Here's hoping they didn't turn it into an upside down Miranda.

Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,
   If aliens are real please let them know that I'm formally requesting asylum from the freakshow that is humanity."

Offline I, Mudd.

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #83 on: January 19, 2008, 02:24:46 pm »
If memory serves, and I may be wrong about this, The Enterprise was built in San Francisco, and assembled in orbit, so what we could be seeing really more bare bones than it first appears.

But then again, looking at Gabe's model, we also see how close the nacelles appear to the Primary hull.

GK has publically stated that he did not produce a model that would be used as the Enterprise in the new Trek movie ... just that his and two other designs were being considered. This is why I said 'influenced' rather than, 'yep, it's Gabe's model'. Not ruling out his influence, not saying he had any ... Honestly, folks, it's just way too early to tell.

This is fun though, isn't it ... new designs, new ideas ... gets the cobwebs dusted out of the old bonebox ... fertile ground for a starship designer/model builder ...

:D

JM.

Offline Vipre

• Commander
« Reply #84 on: January 19, 2008, 04:11:19 pm »
If memory serves, and I may be wrong about this, The Enterprise was built in San Francisco, and assembled in orbit, so what we could be seeing really more bare bones than it first appears.

How great would that be, seeing them load the components onto surface to orbit sleds and slip through the sky into orbit. Completely impractical but cool none the less.
Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,
   If aliens are real please let them know that I'm formally requesting asylum from the freakshow that is humanity."

Offline Rod ONeal

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
« Reply #85 on: January 19, 2008, 10:42:02 pm »
It looks a bit more than just, influenced by it. The bridge looks pretty much spot on, to me. Maybe I'm being influenced somehow, because the more that I look at it the more it looks like Gabe's. The intercoolers don't look right though, and the registry is obviously different. Might possibly have plasma injectors (I think that's what they are?) on the side of the nacelles, which Gabe's Ent doesn't have. Possibly could be another update of it?
If Romulans aren't cowards, then why do they taste like chicken?

Offline Bernard Guignard

• Cad Schematics are our Speciality
  • Lt.
  • Trek Canon!!! I NO believe in TreK Canon!!!.
« Reply #86 on: January 20, 2008, 09:22:41 am »
Hello all
  Keep in mind that this is a Teaser and the final product may look radically different Any one remember the Phase 2 poster they Released for TMP when they announced that there was going to be a movie does that match the final TMP model ?

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #87 on: January 20, 2008, 09:33:06 am »
well for that the tmp and or the phase 2 is not like on the poster, well beside a old model made by atra hasis for sfc1.

Offline Rod ONeal

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
« Reply #88 on: January 23, 2008, 03:37:34 pm »
Sorry it's taking so long, guys. I've been stymied with the hull plate. The Saucer seems to be ok now except for weathering. I'm working on the plate for the rest of it. Here's an update.

Offline I, Mudd.

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #89 on: January 23, 2008, 03:49:06 pm »
Purrrrty ... That's so cool ...

Great job thus far Rod ... take all the time you need!

:drool:

:D

JM.

Offline Red_Sharif

• Junior Programmer-At-Arms
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #90 on: January 23, 2008, 04:59:37 pm »
Take your time and get her looking right. Amazing work so far.

Offline Bernard Guignard

• Cad Schematics are our Speciality
  • Lt.
  • Trek Canon!!! I NO believe in TreK Canon!!!.
« Reply #91 on: January 23, 2008, 06:08:07 pm »
Very nice  ;D

Offline TheStressPuppy

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • trekmods.com
« Reply #92 on: January 24, 2008, 11:07:17 pm »
That ship looks great. If you are stymied by the hull plating improvise. You dont have to make it match exactly for it to look just as good as the high poly version. 7k is higher than i would have done, but it is a good count considering the hardware standards of todays machines. Being a solid mesh, and with all those curves i doubt anything lower would work. In any case that is some fine work.

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #93 on: January 25, 2008, 09:52:10 am »
might i suggest some weathering to the name and registry as they look too clean as to compared to the slightly worn hull. dont have to pay attention to me though.

Agreed.. maybe convert it to a raster layer and add a bit of noise after doing a small gaussian blur.. :)
..ooOOoo..totally useless information..ooOOoo..

Mare Imbrium Shipyards - http://mareimbrium.webhop.net

Don't bother checking out my website for the most recent updates, because I've
been too lazy to update it!  Check Battleclinic!

Offline Rod ONeal

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
« Reply #94 on: January 29, 2008, 11:27:04 pm »
Nearing completion, now. Still have the glows around the sensor, some sort of vent or grate on the front of the neck area, and the spot lights on the pylons. The plating and weathering is done, I think.

I'll try the registry weathering that you guys suggested. Thanks, Alec, for the suggestion on how to do it. I thought about "noise" too. Or possibly a layer with the blend mode set to dissolve?  I hadn't thought about Gaussian blur though. That should give a worn/blended effect to the edges.

Even though she's not done, I thought that I'd do an Alpha test in game. Included a screenie. Sorry about the jaggies. I'm due for a computer upgrade on a couple of months. ;D

Offline Centurus

• Bow before the power of my rubber chickens!!!
  • Captain
  • Master of the Rubber Chicken!!!
« Reply #95 on: January 30, 2008, 12:13:35 am »
I'm drooling already.  :-D  +1
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline Rod ONeal

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
« Reply #96 on: February 02, 2008, 02:22:09 pm »
Gabe's difficult to email. I've posted for release permission at TrekBBS. Gabe posts there. We'll wait and see.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #97 on: February 02, 2008, 02:24:19 pm »
Can we see a wireframe?
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Rod ONeal

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
« Reply #98 on: February 02, 2008, 02:26:41 pm »
Can we see a wireframe?

Sure. I'm off to work right now, but I'll post one later.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #99 on: February 02, 2008, 02:28:38 pm »
Sweet deal.
If you get a permission, you are of course likely to see some kitbashes.
I know you'll get a slew from me.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."