Topic: Darker Projects Enterprise F  (Read 20106 times)

Offline Shadowfleet

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Imagination - the best renewable energy source.
    • Shadows Wars
Darker Projects Enterprise F
« on: January 06, 2008, 10:26:57 am »
New ENTERPRISE F needed ASAP! http://www.darkerprojects.com/lostfrontier.html

Oh how I wish I could model and not just bash :(

Darker Projects is a site that has some pretty good Fan Based ST Fiction audio stories. Many of you might be surprised at the quality – of the stories and the production. I download and listen to them in the car or during physical therapy exercises.

They have a new project (a little like a cross between Andromeda and Star Trek) that needs an awesome design for the 1701-F.

I know one of you all can do it! Raven updated us on some really original stuff a few months back - bring 'em on man. Atolm is always original - grab a pencil. Wicked Zombie, pa-leez come out of the crypt for this one.  F9 - do it man. Old Buzz you can still fly! AsYlUm, dude you make connie fans crazy! Pepperman - spice this comp up! TUS – give us one with some ‘tude. FW – you’re not down, you’re not out, you’re always in the fight. Queball, put this one in the corner pocket! All of the above and so many of you are creative geniuses – you know the canon and yet you keep it original. Create. Let there be light!

If the SFC community builds it I know it'll be great. Although Pocket Book’s Titan is growing on me - it would have been SO MUCH better if it had come from here.

BUT that was a fan based design to commercial fiction -- this is fan based design to fan based fiction. We could create a synergistic effect that could spread like the Genesis Wave throughout the Universe -- sparking creativity beyond the last frontier... making even the Great Bird proud.

Please visit this link http://www.darkerprojects.com/lostfrontier.html for more information.

Offline Centurus

• Bow before the power of my rubber chickens!!!
  • Captain
  • Master of the Rubber Chicken!!!
Re: Darker Projects Enterprise F
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008, 11:24:40 am »
Flattery will only get you a Connie kitbash.  :-p  Just kidding.   ;D
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline Smiley

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2008, 01:21:59 pm »
Impressive opening - you should be a public speaker!

Signature: Terran Empire Relentless: WZ, All Other Models: Smiley

Offline Centurus

• Bow before the power of my rubber chickens!!!
  • Captain
  • Master of the Rubber Chicken!!!
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2008, 01:39:21 pm »
How do we know he isn't?   :)
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2008, 02:16:26 pm »
Just as a suggestion.. the community here already has an awesome candidate for an Enterprise F, and has had one for several years:
(grabbed this from Cleeves')
..ooOOoo..totally useless information..ooOOoo..

Mare Imbrium Shipyards - http://mareimbrium.webhop.net

Don't bother checking out my website for the most recent updates, because I've
been too lazy to update it!  Check Battleclinic!

Offline IndyShark

• Last Knight Standing of the late, great KNF, Member GDA
  • Lt. Commander
  • Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2008, 02:23:33 pm »
Damn, I LOVE that Soulwolf class.

Very well done!

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2008, 02:35:37 pm »
.. so do I, and I've always seen it as a viable extension of the line.. especially when you look at the Prometheus Class..

Offline Tus-XC

• Capt
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Commander
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2008, 08:20:55 pm »
Just as a suggestion.. the community here already has an awesome candidate for an Enterprise F, and has had one for several years:
(grabbed this from Cleeves')

seems to me i'm workin on the refit to that shippy... ;)

Rob

"Elige Sortem Tuam"

Offline Starforce2

• Bridge Commander Ambassador
  • Commander
    • Nightsoft SFC File Dump
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2008, 12:00:56 am »
Tus, Why not refit your majestic (longer nacelles and a few bells and whistles you'd expect on the flagship like extra armament, improvements ect) because that thing has the look of a possible next enterprise. Or atleast it does to me. I just hope they don't pass up some truely original sh*t for a kitbash like they did for the titan. Yea, the titan is nice, but it's still a bash, and there were plenty off good original runner ups...

Offline Jay1886

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2008, 05:08:40 am »
I must say I've always been fond of the Century-class by DJcurtis when it comes to an Enterprise-F. The soulwolf just looks too out of style to me, lacking smooth curves and a flowing hull.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2008, 02:49:48 pm by Jay1886 »

Offline Vipre

• Commander
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2008, 05:52:43 am »
I'd easily buy the Centure-class as an Ent -F. More progression toward a flatter design first seen with Voyager. Maybe the feds finally understand the low profile equals harder target design concept.
Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,
   If aliens are real please let them know that I'm formally requesting asylum from the freakshow that is humanity."

Offline Jay1886

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2008, 06:20:35 am »
And a slimmer hull design means a smaller shield bubble, thus allowing more shield resistance per square metre for the same amount of generated shield energy or more energy rendement to use for other systems.

Offline Tus-XC

• Capt
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Commander
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2008, 10:14:26 am »
Tus, Why not refit your majestic (longer nacelles and a few bells and whistles you'd expect on the flagship like extra armament, improvements ect) because that thing has the look of a possible next enterprise. Or atleast it does to me. I just hope they don't pass up some truely original sh*t for a kitbash like they did for the titan. Yea, the titan is nice, but it's still a bash, and there were plenty off good original runner ups...

I would, atolm has even designed a refit for me, problem is i have 5 unfinished projects, i don't want to add another till i at least finish off 2... maybe 3 of them
Rob

"Elige Sortem Tuam"

Offline Shadowfleet

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Imagination - the best renewable energy source.
    • Shadows Wars
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2008, 09:53:28 pm »
Thanks for all the posts and interest. I know one of you can do it!

BTW - Looks like the winning design will be used in "podcasts".

Grand prize ain't much (itunes credits) but Darker Projects is not for profit and fan based. Maybe Paramount will get some ideas from the design snd the fiction for future projects.

::)

Offline Atolm-Rising

• Lt.
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2008, 01:00:44 pm »
I really don't think you'd want me to "design" you an Ent-F...I say this, because my stuff has a tendency to be scrutenized a bit too much as to what Trek "is" and "is not".
So you got the Wolf up there...use her, that design is rather tame.

Oh and if anyone(s) (their could always be a collaborated idea) is willing to tackle this I'm sure they would just do it for the sake of doing it.

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2008, 06:24:23 pm »
I agree with you Jay1886, the Century Class design would apear right for the Enterprise F, rathen than the Soulwolf Class...
Adam

To each their own.. the Century Class to me simply looks like a fat Soverign, where the Soulwolf is a paradigm shift along the lines of the Ambassador > Galaxy transition.  And that more reflects the way that Federation ship design seemed to go if you follow C > D > E

Honest opinion..

Offline KOTH-KieranXC, Ret.

• Spokesman, Punisher Industries
  • Lt. Commander
  • K-Fo, diehard SFCer and Taldrenite, est. 2000
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2008, 07:58:36 pm »
I agree with you Jay1886, the Century Class design would apear right for the Enterprise F, rathen than the Soulwolf Class...
Adam

To each their own.. the Century Class to me simply looks like a fat Soverign, where the Soulwolf is a paradigm shift along the lines of the Ambassador > Galaxy transition.  And that more reflects the way that Federation ship design seemed to go if you follow C > D > E

Honest opinion..

I definitely agree. The Century isn't a terrible design, but it looks way too derivative of the Sovereign.
"One minute to space doors."

"Are you just going to walk through them?"

"Calm yourself, Doctor."

Offline Vipre

• Commander
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2008, 04:46:53 am »
I agree with you Jay1886, the Century Class design would appear right for the Enterprise F, rathen than the Soulwolf Class...
Adam

To each their own.. the Century Class to me simply looks like a fat Sovereign, where the Soulwolf is a paradigm shift along the lines of the Ambassador > Galaxy transition.  And that more reflects the way that Federation ship design seemed to go if you follow C > D > E

Honest opinion..

There isn't a lot of change between the three designs. There isn't a lot of change between any of the six Enterprise designs on the basic level.  What change there is was mostly cosmetic. The C is an intentional derivative of the D and the Excelsior, the A was a remake of the original, looking at the Excelsior you can see the influence of the A and the E is a mix of all the previous.

Really interesting article on the design of the E.

A balanced mix of the Soulwolf with the Sovereign is more likely to be received favorably.
Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,
   If aliens are real please let them know that I'm formally requesting asylum from the freakshow that is humanity."

intermech

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2008, 07:40:57 am »
Before First Contact came out, I was really hoping that the "E" was closer to a large version of the Defiant or Steamrunner with integrated warp engines.

Offline Atolm-Rising

• Lt.
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2008, 01:04:10 pm »
Before First Contact came out, I was really hoping that the "E" was closer to a large version of the Defiant or Steamrunner with integrated warp engines.
Its funny you say that, because i did an interstellar-class Ent-E that had an intergrated hull-nacelle ideology, back when TNG had the Gal destroyed in Generations