Topic: Hardcore Server NEW SCRIPTS testing  (Read 82097 times)

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
Re: Hardcore Server NEW SCRIPTS testing
« Reply #60 on: July 23, 2008, 12:35:21 am »
Dave is there any way to make the Drone and fighter loadouts random (limited by year of course)? I know Firesoul was able to do this in the Coop Ace script.

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #61 on: July 23, 2008, 12:47:47 am »

If it is the right drone the for era, they should have them.  But they shouldn't have drones that are from an era you are not in yet.  It's a hardcore server, plan on taking a longer fight so they run out of drones then close in.  I think people have been spoiiled by having speed 16 AI drones for too long.

Ur nuts. Look, it's not debatable. Missions that use late era drones on AI ships are getting pulled. Period. Either that or we wont have a dyna in the late era with drone races.

Offline Centurus

• Old Mad Man Making Ship Again....Kinda?
  • Captain
« Reply #62 on: July 23, 2008, 12:50:04 am »

If it is the right drone the for era, they should have them.  But they shouldn't have drones that are from an era you are not in yet.  It's a hardcore server, plan on taking a longer fight so they run out of drones then close in.  I think people have been spoiiled by having speed 16 AI drones for too long.

Ur nuts. Look, it's not debatable. Missions that use late era drones on AI ships are getting pulled. Period. Either that or we wont have a dyna in the late era with drone races.

So long as it's already the late/advanced era, I don't see a problem with AI having the fast drones.
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #63 on: July 23, 2008, 01:11:18 am »

So long as it's already the late/advanced era, I don't see a problem with AI having the fast drones.

I'm glad the D2 isnt a democracy.  8)

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
  • "The Terminator" Pestalence_XC, Xenocorp
« Reply #64 on: July 23, 2008, 01:41:35 am »
Now that we have updated scripts.. the installer is updated..

To uninstall the old installer.. go into your OP directory and find the HC_Uninstall.exe and run it.. and then you can DL and run the new installer..

http://warpcore.110mb.com/Downloads/Hardcore_Installer.zip

Alternatively, you can just install the new scripts over the top of the old ones..

http://warpcore.110mb.com/Downloads/HC_Scripts.zip
"You still don't get it, do you?......That's what he does. That's all he does! You can't stop him! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!"

Member :
Xenocorp / Dynaverse.net Moderator & Beta Test Team
SFC 4 Project QA Coordinator
Taldren Beta Test Team
14 Degrees East Beta Test Team
Activision Visioneers SFC 3 Beta Test Team

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #65 on: July 23, 2008, 08:01:12 am »

Last I checked you didn't have final say on the D2.
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #66 on: July 23, 2008, 09:29:36 am »

Beacuse you want fast drones by AI just shows you lack the experience of why its bad. Its not personal. Go dig thru player complaint posts on why its bad and you'll come up with your answer. Its been done on a server before, obviously u wernt on it. And yeah, I do have the final say on this issue, thanks.

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #67 on: July 23, 2008, 09:32:09 am »

Beacuse you want fast drones by AI just shows you lack the experience of why its bad. Its not personal. Go dig thru player complaint posts on why its bad and you'll come up with your answer. Its been done on a server before, obviously u wernt on it. And yeah, I do have the final say on this issue, thanks.

And the Hardcore server had so much potential.

Oh well. 

Offline KBF MalaK

• Just Another Target
  • Lt.
« Reply #68 on: July 23, 2008, 09:46:43 am »

And the Hardcore server had so much potential.

Oh well. 

I hear ya and agree. Glad I'm saving all the HC installers- they started unbelievably hard and are being 'dumbed down' to make them easier. So much for getting any kind of 'experience' fighting lopsided battles, we'll just waste time fighting stupid A.I. in under equipped ships then get are asses handed to us by live players flying cheesecraft (to pad someones ego).
"Artificial Intelligence is not a suitable substitute for natural stupidity"                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #69 on: July 23, 2008, 09:53:28 am »
U guys are nuts. Let me ask you, have either one of you flown a fast drone AI server before? I have.

Offline KBF MalaK

• Just Another Target
  • Lt.
« Reply #70 on: July 23, 2008, 09:59:33 am »
Not yet- I only started playing D2 after the GW series.  :-\

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #71 on: July 23, 2008, 10:01:28 am »
Does it really matter though?  This is Pesty's server, and he's got the right idea to shake things up.

The server isn't called Hardcore for nothing you know.

Besides, it can't be that different than having to outrun plasmas that go speed 36.

Offline KBF MalaK

• Just Another Target
  • Lt.
« Reply #72 on: July 23, 2008, 10:22:05 am »
Pesty's got a great idea here, there's simply not enough "holy crap" moments in the current D2 campaigns A.I. missions. Perhaps Pesty should keep a permanent HC server up for those of us who want the opportunity to LOSE to A.I., and put the 'easy' A.I. missions in the D2 servers that run for a few weeks.

Offline FPF-Paladin

• 'Thou shalt not CAD.' - DH
  • Lt.
« Reply #73 on: July 23, 2008, 10:28:17 am »
I like missions as difficult as you can make them be.
~Life cannot find reasons to sustain it, cannot be a source of decent mutual regard, unless each of us resolves to breathe such qualities into it. ~

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #74 on: July 23, 2008, 10:29:06 am »

*hands Paladin a bottle of 100 year old J.D.*

Offline FPF-Paladin

• 'Thou shalt not CAD.' - DH
  • Lt.
« Reply #75 on: July 23, 2008, 10:32:41 am »

Let's drink a toast to having our hulls toasted, shall we?   :police:
~Life cannot find reasons to sustain it, cannot be a source of decent mutual regard, unless each of us resolves to breathe such qualities into it. ~

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #76 on: July 23, 2008, 10:35:49 am »

Let's drink a toast to having our hulls toasted, shall we?   :police:

My hull never gets toasted.  It gets incinerated!!!  :-D  *raises his glass to Paladin and MalaK*  Here's to the fires of hell.  May they burn hot forever.

Offline KBF MalaK

• Just Another Target
  • Lt.
« Reply #77 on: July 23, 2008, 10:49:08 am »
I'll drink to that !!

Some things are worse than death, and unfortunately for me JD is one of em.

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
  • "The Terminator" Pestalence_XC, Xenocorp
« Reply #78 on: July 23, 2008, 10:50:14 am »
Actualy, I can see both points of view..

Having the AI with proper load outs will make a tough server...

However Dizzy is correct on the drone speeds.. Imagine getting some Mirak ships in late era.. a fleet of them all flying fast drones.. with the number of reloads that they have and the number of WW you have and Mines and different firing times of the ships.. a player doesn't really stand a chance against the massive drone waves .. now add in to that Fighters with drones and Mirv racks.. It is murder..

Now I'm not advocating stripping of the AI back down to current server levels.. however I can see limiting the AI to Med speed drones.. This way you have to keep speed above 24, which will effect weapon charging rates as well as make you use up your Point Defense, Mines, WW etc..

I have flown on Drone servers and I can understand where Dizzy is coming from.. at the same time, I don't like flying against speed 16 missiles all the time..

Also, I would like the AI to have a chance of having Type IV missiles ... Make the crunch stronger, but also limits the number of drones that they carry...

I'm not saying downgrade the missions.. I'm thinking in terms of overall balance... Now, if the scripts can be coded for it.. in a 1 vs 1 against AI, they sure.. give them Fast Drones in late.. in a 3 vs 1, then a max of Med speed drones..

I just don't know if the scripts are capable of that
"You still don't get it, do you?......That's what he does. That's all he does! You can't stop him! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!"

Member :
Xenocorp / Dynaverse.net Moderator & Beta Test Team
SFC 4 Project QA Coordinator
Taldren Beta Test Team
14 Degrees East Beta Test Team
Activision Visioneers SFC 3 Beta Test Team

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #79 on: July 23, 2008, 10:52:13 am »
I'll drink to that !!

Some things are worse than death, and unfortunately for me JD is one of em.

Then what shall be your poison of choice my good man?  Or is it Klingon?  Not sure.  Got me booze goggles on.