Topic: Fallen's Workbench (W.I.P's - Pic Heavy)  (Read 36616 times)

Offline marstone

• Because I can
  • Commander
  • G.E.C.K. - The best kit to have
    • Ramblings on the Q3, blog
Re: Fallen's Workbench (W.I.P's - Pic Heavy)
« Reply #80 on: May 18, 2010, 09:47:13 am »
Some people just don't post as often. Some people lurk. C'est la vie, man. You can either take umbrage at the lack of response and stop showing your work, or you can post in spite of it. It's up to you. In my thread, I've gone in a stream of 8 or 9 posts before a single person responds. I've had to resurrect my own thread more than once that way, too. It is what it is.

Not sure how many people do it, but another reason I don't post on WIPs is that 90% of the time now, I check Dyna with my Blackberry.  It doesn't show the pics, so couldn't reply about them even if I wanted to most of the time.
The smell of printer ink in the morning,
Tis the smell of programming.

Offline markyd

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #81 on: May 21, 2010, 05:19:23 am »
Nice work Miles, you have improved greatly.

You can model no doubt, but you need to get all those separate shapes into a singular workable model.

But still good stuff. oh and those bussards a page or so back....     :coolsmiley:    AWSOME!!!! best I have seen...   :smitten:

Offline markyd

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #82 on: May 21, 2010, 09:03:26 am »
Thats a fair point, I did offer that..   been busy mind the last 6 months.. fraggin up the talliban  :crazy2: but we are talking pre-tour...   

I still owe u that, and not because i stick to a promise but because, i consider you a good friend and i owe it to you, so the offer is still open.. i will of course need to book the weekend with the missues :-) I have 4 weeks off soon, the missues wants to go home to portugal...  but there must be a free weekend in there ;)

She is happy for me to do my moddeling thing..  so lets get it on..  not to spam ur thread, but all messengers i have used on xp 64 have removed all my contacts  :-\

Offline Centurus

• Old Mad Man Making Ship Again....Kinda?
  • Captain
« Reply #83 on: May 21, 2010, 09:17:35 am »
Miles, you know how I feel about that bussard.  It's better than what most BC modelers usually do.  That's why this beauty of a bussard texture is gonna be used on the Demphir.
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline markyd

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #84 on: May 21, 2010, 09:58:24 am »
Thats a fair point, I did offer that..   been busy mind the last 6 months.. fraggin up the talliban  :crazy2: but we are talking pre-tour...   

I still owe u that, and not because i stick to a promise but because, i consider you a good friend and i owe it to you, so the offer is still open.. i will of course need to book the weekend with the missues :-) I have 4 weeks off soon, the missues wants to go home to portugal...  but there must be a free weekend in there ;)

She is happy for me to do my moddeling thing..  so lets get it on..  not to spam ur thread, but all messengers i have used on xp 64 have removed all my contacts  :-\

Shoot me some PM's and such we can sort it out over email or phone if needed. Sort stuff out.

Miles, you know how I feel about that bussard.  It's better than what most BC modelers usually do.  That's why this beauty of a bussard texture is gonna be used on the Demphir.

This is because your biased and wanted it on the Demphir the second you saw the starting process

I would not say he is being biased... infact I dare anyone to post a better JJ / Era feel bussard...   its very impressive..

\let me get the weekend done, with the missues, then we can chat dates  ;)  and to say.. i look forward to it...  Domioes, a few beers and modelling sh*t... we need friday and a sat mind.  ;) back home on the sunday to walk the dog.  :coolsmiley:

Offline Centurus

• Old Mad Man Making Ship Again....Kinda?
  • Captain
« Reply #85 on: May 21, 2010, 10:03:40 am »
*turns into Hulk*  HULK SMASH JJ ABRAMS!!!!!  SMASH SMASH SMASH!!!!!  *turns into Homer Simpson*  Ooohh, pancakes.....*drools*
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline markyd

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #86 on: May 21, 2010, 10:06:46 am »
Ahhhhh lol  :D The man hates JJ  ::)...........      Sorry dude I forgot.. still nice homer intake  :coolsmiley:

Offline Bernard Guignard

• Cad Schematics are our Speciality
  • Lt.
  • Trek Canon!!! I NO believe in TreK Canon!!!.
« Reply #87 on: May 23, 2010, 06:47:32 am »
Nice work Miles, you have improved greatly.

You can model no doubt, but you need to get all those separate shapes into a singular workable model.

But still good stuff. oh and those bussards a page or so back....     :coolsmiley:    AWSOME!!!! best I have seen...   :smitten:

Hey dude, cheers!

Hello Fallen Warrior
 Great work on the Bussard Texture   :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
are you also going to map it to a regular Constitution class warp engine to see what it would look like ?
Keep up the great work

But 2 point's I'd like to point out. Firstly that I would like my stuff to remain bashable. Second and No offence here.... I remember you promising that for the price of some beers and a good brummie curry. You would show up at my place and teach me how to do something close to real meshing and mapping.
Secondly the last nacelle I made.. The Roosevelt/Asia hybrid only has 5 objects in it 3 being pipes. So it could be worse. The original Roosevelt had 19 objects. So there is a lot of improvement with nigh on hardly any help. (Except Centurus and Wulf who have been outstanding)

As for the bussard if you mean the one that is reattached in this posting. Then ooh yes I do so agree, whilst I know it has a couple of my usual "texture" bash layers mixed in (Refeer to WZ's bussard in the centre as a subtle nod to his outstanding work) For one I think I'm very proud of it because it took several hours to make and it was only 512x512. Second because it is a nice updated TOS look without been too gawdy. Maybe because it appears to have so much depth and maybe a hint at movement...

I have been wanting to add a couple of touches into that nacelle, namely some transparencies..... The Warp grills, bussard and the rear glow thing. But I doubt this as I might just make a higher poly version....

Offline markyd

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #88 on: May 23, 2010, 11:40:18 am »
I like the new nacelle cap, look forward to seeing the nacelle to go with it.  ;)

Offline Bernard Guignard

• Lt.
« Reply #89 on: May 24, 2010, 07:48:55 am »
How about WZ's Patton?

Yes that looks awesome   ;D

Offline Bernard Guignard

• Lt.
« Reply #90 on: May 24, 2010, 07:54:16 am »
Ok..... I think the nacelle is starting to come together... I have a rough design worked out I think... It's very rough but this would be the best time to make suggestions. before it becomes sets in stone...

I also have a warp coil... Yep an actual coil... I think there's between 20 and 32 coils within the total length of the nacelle.. I think... Either way this has officially gone beyond SFC poly limits...

My suggestion once you finalize the interior and exterior make a copy and leave the external shell only for SFC purposes  ;D  Great work by the way looks like a  pre-cursor to  the TMP nacelles  Keep up the great work

Offline Chrystoff

• Lt.
« Reply #91 on: May 24, 2010, 04:34:28 pm »
okay theres some bad news and some worse news.... both are the same... The lovely heatwave england is enjoying has claimed its first victim... Chronos my dualcore HP laptop died today.... Hopefully I can save the data otherwise bye bye wonderful detailed nacelle and other such goodies.
I'm really sorry to hear that, Fallen.  :'( That's modern technology for ya.

Offline marstone

• Because I can
  • Commander
  • G.E.C.K. - The best kit to have
    • Ramblings on the Q3, blog
« Reply #92 on: May 24, 2010, 04:50:08 pm »
okay theres some bad news and some worse news.... both are the same... The lovely heatwave england is enjoying has claimed its first victim... Chronos my dualcore HP laptop died today.... Hopefully I can save the data otherwise bye bye wonderful detailed nacelle and other such goodies.

Too bad you don't live over on this side of the puddle.  We are starting out for another coolest summer in a long time.  Last year I don't remember a day in the 90's, this year looks about the same so far.
The smell of printer ink in the morning,
Tis the smell of programming.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #93 on: May 24, 2010, 05:03:05 pm »

Ooffah. Lets hope the harddrive is okay.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
  • Life is as is worth only what you learn from it!
« Reply #94 on: May 24, 2010, 10:35:23 pm »
Sorry dude that sucks.
Time for life!

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #95 on: May 25, 2010, 01:01:01 am »

Dude, with luck it's the mobo.. if you didn't have TPM enabled on that system, you can still pull data off the drives, or run them as externals on a working system.

Just need an IDE or SATA to USB adapter (or dock) that can handle the 2.5 drives from a laptop.  It's my line of work, I do this all the time.  :)

Even if it's the drives, 80 percent of the time you can still get data off.  So don't give up hope, most of the time you can still get a lot of it back.  :D

Question is, do you have a reliable system that you can work on.. and restore data to?
..ooOOoo..totally useless information..ooOOoo..

Mare Imbrium Shipyards - http://mareimbrium.webhop.net

Don't bother checking out my website for the most recent updates, because I've
been too lazy to update it!  Check Battleclinic!

Offline markyd

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #96 on: May 25, 2010, 04:24:27 am »
Nice nacelle miles, think you have it down..  pitty about ur lappy..

On the + though, I just fixed my Green Alienware one..  ahhh  :) (new screen & keyboard, removed all fans..  7 in total  urghhh..  new thermal compound and a good clean  :angel:)

Hope you manage to save ur work, oh and I think what bernard is saying is quite cool too...  all those bits ur showing where for the inside right for a high ploy mesh.. when ur done, just delete all the inside

pieces and release the outer mesh for sfc.

Nice stuff.

Offline markyd

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #97 on: May 25, 2010, 02:24:39 pm »
Nice,

how much did you splash out on it?

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #98 on: May 25, 2010, 11:03:47 pm »
Sweet looks Tron like do they have that in blue? That would rock if you could change the color layout.
Time for life!

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #99 on: May 26, 2010, 12:34:28 am »
you can change the colours of the keyboard.... and as usual if your ordering direct you can have whatever colour you want...
Oh man if i could afford something like that I would have it spell tron in blue T R O N blue box then rest of the letters would be red and any other outlines would be blue  :smitten: just a dream of mine though  :'(.
Time for life!