Topic: Starfleet Command : Commmunity Edition HAS GONE GOLD!!!!  (Read 66589 times)

Offline Javora

• America for Americans first.
  • Commander
Re: Starfleet Command : Commmunity Edition HAS GONE GOLD!!!!
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2013, 04:20:50 pm »

The PhaserX can be replaced by Ph1, but there would have to be a BPV decrease. :-/ For now, let's just remove the X ships.

I'm glad to see the X-Ships go away.  That was the one thing that I didn't like about SFC OP.  However I'm still hoping for a F-FFL+, hint, hint...
 ;)

Offline FireSoul

• Modder of shiplists
  • Lt. Commander
  • mew.
    • http://klingon.lostexiles.net/
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2013, 05:47:53 pm »

The PhaserX can be replaced by Ph1, but there would have to be a BPV decrease. :-/ For now, let's just remove the X ships.

I'm glad to see the X-Ships go away.  That was the one thing that I didn't like about SFC OP.  However I'm still hoping for a F-FFL+, hint, hint...
 ;)

Then you haven't played a balanced game with my X-Ships  (not Taldren's inventions) VS an Andro fleet. :)

Author: OP+ Mod
Maintainer: Coopace
Author: Fests+ for OP
Creator: SFC-OP Mini Updater
Maintainer: SFC-EAW for OP Campaigns
Kitbash: SFC2 models

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2013, 10:37:15 pm »

;)

Then you haven't played a balanced game with my X-Ships  (not Taldren's inventions) VS an Andro fleet. :)

prolly also never played a late era slave girls server with me and dh123's xships.

Offline Javora

• Commander
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2013, 02:04:35 am »
I remember playing on your server Dizzy.  I just got board with X-ships and would wait until the server reset.  It was just personal preferences, nothing personal.

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2013, 02:20:00 am »
That's fine. Just dont confuse Firesouls xships or mine for that matter with the Taldren made non-sfb based cheese monsters that they arbitrarily decided to throw in the game to unbalance everything.

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2013, 02:33:24 am »
Hi Guys,

I've been thinking about the need for a OP+ style shiplist mod for SFC:CE : we want a shiplist that is as error-free as possible and offer as much balance as possible.

Here's a basic plan (off the top of my head) to make it happen.

• I don't have SFC:CE myself. It will be a pre-requirement to be able to test anything.
  • I would need to determine what weapons used in SFC:OP do not exist in SFC:CE and remove the extra ships. ie: the TRBH/TRBLs, PhX and other X weapons, ..
  • Adjust the YearLastAvailable for all of the ships that had X refits in OP+ to be '999'
  • Strip out the extra pirate races and have a good all-round basic pirate race.  (I think OP+ 4.1.x basic non-playable Orion pirate race will do just fine)
  • Make a new installer for this.

I intend to create the shiplist PROGRAMATICALLY based on OP+ 4.1.1. This means I don't want to go do anything by hand if possible.
  • Source in the OP+ shiplist into memory and parse it.  ( I already have this for my shiplist tests )
  • Detect the components that do not exist in SFC:CE and remove them
  • Adjust the YLA for the ships that have X refits in OP+
  • Save result.

I'd love to see an FS shiplist for SFC CE. Thanks FS! I couldnt imagine playing online without it.

So what would it take to add Xphasers to SFC CE? I'd rather see about adding Plasma Bolts 1st and having a toggle for single/double internals.

Oh, and FS... anyway you can limit spares parts by class? FF's 5, DD's to CA's 10 and larger ships like BCH's and DN's 15 with BB's at 20. Or something like that...

Offline Javora

• Commander
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2013, 06:15:29 am »

Oh, and FS... anyway you can limit spares parts by class? FF's 5, DD's to CA's 10 and larger ships like BCH's and DN's 15 with BB's at 20. Or something like that...

The thing I don't like about that is everyone would be racing to get the BB's and not bothering to play anything else for very long.  A game like that would quickly become one dimensional and boring.  People in FF would probably leave the mission after one or two Alpha strikes.  And how much space does a magical screw take up anyway??  lol.

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2013, 02:42:10 pm »
If you played under another name what was it? I have the DB files and account names for almost all my servers. I can tell you how many missions you ran and how much prestige you earned and what ship(s) you were flying. Javora, I dont think you spent any real time on any of my servers. Thats pretty sad because they were PvP oriented. Of course hex flippers relished doing their thing, but I always tried placing more emphasis on PvP engagements to balance out how the game was tilted toward hex flippers. Anyway, had you spent any real time on my server you'd know that there were house rules requiring people to limit the number and type of ships on my servers so that they would not turn into BB fests. None of my servers ever had that issue. I had total control over player accounts and could edit someones prestige to zero and place them in a freighter deep in enemy space should they not follow the rules.  In 9+ servers I was forced to only have to do that once, although I think I did it three or four times just for fun and maybe Hexx got it more than once and never deserved it, hehe.

And the screws on a ship not taking up space? Thats been debated. A FF with 10 spares is carrying around 3 extra warp engine nacelles in the cargo bay. Does that sound realistic?

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2013, 03:21:07 pm »
Dizzy -  you can control spares on the server-side shiplist.

And yes, the X-ships we used in SGO were awesome.  Just dump the PHx for PH1 like we did.

No maulers though . . . that sucks.
Who'd thunk that Star-castling was the root of all evil . . .

Offline Javora

• Commander
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2013, 03:26:03 pm »

And the screws on a ship not taking up space? Thats been debated. A FF with 10 spares is carrying around 3 extra warp engine nacelles in the cargo bay. Does that sound realistic?

Not any more realistic than those spare parts being used to repair anything and everything.  Than again it's hard for me to debate realism in regards to a Star Trek game.  The other end of this issue is that hex flippers will have an easier time flipping because mission times will be greatly reduced with the loss of repair screws.  Imagine what would happen if you have a FF flipping hexes at two or three times as fast as a BB?  This is one issue that I think Erik Bethke got right.

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2013, 05:05:50 pm »

Not any more realistic than those spare parts being used to repair anything and everything.  Than again it's hard for me to debate realism in regards to a Star Trek game.  The other end of this issue is that hex flippers will have an easier time flipping because mission times will be greatly reduced with the loss of repair screws.  Imagine what would happen if you have a FF flipping hexes at two or three times as fast as a BB?  This is one issue that I think Erik Bethke got right.

Did you even play the game?  What you're saying makes no sense.

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2013, 05:52:12 pm »
I don't get it either.  :huh:
Suspected leader of Prime Industries, #1 Pirate Cartel

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2013, 06:01:20 pm »
 8)

What about fighters and PF's for all races? Was the jamming on the ISC I-Torps fixed?

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2013, 06:45:49 pm »
I don't think that was reported. Not that many people picked up the beta testing offer from what I saw. :( I flew Mostly Fed with some Romulan during testing. Saw a bit of ISC AI, a lot of Rom and Klink AI.
Suspected leader of Prime Industries, #1 Pirate Cartel

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2013, 07:18:02 pm »
Mirak UI bug (something to do with transporters IIRC)? PPD bug? Cloak working like OP? Planetary defenses FA fixed?

If this version just managed to get a very old game playable in today's environment that's fine and good, but there were many other problems with EAW that got addressed in OP and it would be nice to know if this is still a work in progress or are they done.

Offline FCM_SFHQ_XC

• There is life outside of Windows..
  • Administrator
  • Lt. Commander
  • Starbase Atlantis [X-refit]
    • 9th Fleet
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2013, 07:30:46 pm »
Mirak UI bug (something to do with transporters IIRC)? PPD bug? Cloak working like OP? Planetary defenses FA fixed?

There have been a lot of 'old' bug fixes, I personally don't have a list of all of them but while it certainly may not be every bug squashed given how many there were, a lot of fixes sure have been done beyond Windows 7/8 support.
Starfleet Headquarters out.

Fleet Commodore, XenoCorp, ISC Fleet.

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2013, 07:35:50 pm »
There have been a lot of 'old' bug fixes, I personally don't have a list of all of them but while it certainly may not be every bug squashed given how many there were, a lot of fixes sure have been done beyond Windows 7/8 support.

That is good to hear. Is the code open to more fixes/enhancements or are you guys done?

Offline Javora

• Commander
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2013, 09:03:01 pm »

Yep, mostly OP.  My line of thinking here is that the AI ships will have the same amount of repair screws as people playing.  With so few repair screws, the mission times for smaller ships will decrease to a point to where someone in a small ship could flip a hex in half the time as someone with a large ship with 20+ repair screws.  As people fighting large AI ships would take longer to deplete the AI's repair supply.  That's assuming that the AI will even repair their ship, I've seen quite a few missions where the AI wouldn't repair anything and I would end up beaming over a bunch of repair screws before capturing a ship.  But that was way back during the old Interplay servers.

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2013, 10:13:03 pm »

Yep, mostly OP.  My line of thinking here is that the AI ships will have the same amount of repair screws as people playing.  With so few repair screws, the mission times for smaller ships will decrease to a point to where someone in a small ship could flip a hex in half the time as someone with a large ship with 20+ repair screws.  As people fighting large AI ships would take longer to deplete the AI's repair supply.  That's assuming that the AI will even repair their ship, I've seen quite a few missions where the AI wouldn't repair anything and I would end up beaming over a bunch of repair screws before capturing a ship.  But that was way back during the old Interplay servers.

A zillion % not important.  AI dies so fast it doesn't matter.   

PvP mattered and back when people were able to have 30-40 screws on a ship it was f*cking retarded.

Offline Leermeister

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2013, 11:09:29 pm »
Cant wait! When can you buy this? i only have my old game i bought in the stores a long time ago-- best star trek game ever, love the dynaverse! Im glad you guys are keeping this game alive , great new years news! this should be the real star trek on-online game