Topic: Warming up the Forum for the Vulcan show tonight.  (Read 18526 times)

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
Re: Warming up the Forum for the Vulcan show tonight.
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2004, 07:03:27 pm »
whoot, Here we go, Last part of the Trilogy.

T minus 2 minutes untill launch.

Stephen

Minor Edit, I had to run back into the Kitchen to Finish Dinner, and when I came back, the Wife had the Remote in her hand.

Denise, My wife, whom I love more then Myself, Is here By Grounded from touching any Electronical Device for the nest Hour. Damn, I hat having to abuse her, But some things are Very Important.  ;)

stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline E_Look

• Grand High Scribe
  • Captain
« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2004, 08:48:32 pm »
Okay, I hate spoilers, so you won't get any from me, and seeing as how I'm the first to jabber about it:

IT WAS VERY GOOD!!

THIS THREE PART SERIES WAS EXCELLENT!!!

And, if you missed it, see it on the rebroadcast day... and don't miss ANYTHING!

Stephen, I hope you taped it or can catch it again.  I watched with my wife and younger one; the older one was out at church... and if I didn't tape it, he'd flip!  But the wife and younger one... well they don't have the discipline of dyed-in-the-wool Trek fans like my brothers and myself, so they caused me to miss snippets of dialogue here and there.

I'M GOING TO WATCH THE TAPE AGAIN TONIGHT!  That's how good I think it was (that's how crazy I really am, too, when it comes to [good] Star Trek episodes or arcs.

I have to confess, earlier last year, I missed many episodes, and it didn't bug me at all.  Tonight (and since the beginning of the resolution of the Xindi schindig) I sped and just squeaked by amber lights, weaving more than a boxer down the highway and streets, just to make sure I don't miss a second of it.

Again, great SFX.

Boy, I'd love to see in the near future a remake of TOS with new (and talented) actors with today's SFX technology applied!

Maybe some of our own modelers from these forums can apply to do the CGI ships and stuff.  If their stuff could look so good via an SFC game still or .rec file, imagine how good they'd look on TV!!

Offline Tirus

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Got Cloak?
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2004, 09:17:29 pm »
Two Pointy Ears Up!

Took Enterprise long enough, but the Enterprise writers finally got their act together. This 3 part Vulcan story line was pretty darn good.

Offline Alidar Jarok

• Commander
  • He Took My Sammich
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2004, 10:04:20 pm »
I definately enjoyed it.  Too tired tonight to say more than that.
From Me to You - The Beatles

If there's anything that you want,
If there's anything i can do,
Just call on me and i'll send it along
With love from me to you.

Offline GarrethMacLeod

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • Alternate B Website
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2004, 10:14:51 pm »
an excellent episode. i am sooooo enjoying this season
Alternate B Chief Map Drone and General Whipping Boy
http://www.AlternateB.org

Offline E_Look

• Grand High Scribe
  • Captain
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2004, 10:24:00 pm »
I sincerely hope that UPN/Paramount doesn't pull a NBC.

Offline Rat Boy

• Bringer of the Funk
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2004, 11:07:15 pm »
Cue complaints about the surprise guest's forehead in 5...4...3...2...1...

"Chaos Theory, Part II" now available.

Offline Grand Master of Shadows NCC37385

• Captain
  • 107th Confederate Militia! Sic Semper Tyrannis
    • Gun Kit Builders
« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2004, 11:18:47 pm »
Cue complaints about the surprise guest's forehead in 5...4...3...2...1...

Im sure a decent plastic surgeon could fix it....  ;)

Ok, who else guessed what was going to be in the last scene with the "evil Vulcan"? The one where he was told his disappearance would cause suspicion. I knew by the second of the three episodes what was comming.

I'm God's gift to women!

You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.-Robert A. Heinlein

Help control the idiot population. Have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Offline Rat Boy

• Bringer of the Funk
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2004, 11:23:36 pm »
I think the real surprise from that was that they actually went through with it.  This is probably the first time that ENT has taken the logical and "cool" path with plot movement.  Hopefully, the first of many times.

Offline Grand Master of Shadows NCC37385

• Captain
  • 107th Confederate Militia! Sic Semper Tyrannis
    • Gun Kit Builders
« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2004, 11:29:14 pm »
I have to agree. The last 6 episodes were a pleasant surprise. Hopefully, this is a taste of things to come.

I'm God's gift to women!

You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.-Robert A. Heinlein

Help control the idiot population. Have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Offline E_Look

• Grand High Scribe
  • Captain
« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2004, 12:41:52 am »
Well, they did disappoint me in one way- RERUNS NEXT WEEK ALREADY!!!

I suppose, though, that the suspense will keep me in anticipation 'til the release of a newie.

I won't read any of RatBoy's spoiler threads so my fun won't be... spoiled... but bring 'em on!  Klingon konfrontations!  Romulan-Earth (or early Federation) War!  Tellarite bending of Federation laws!  Orion mafia thuggery!  Heck, throw the Suliban and Xindi in the mix... why not?  They'd make great "next step" UFP members on top of the core of Earth, Vulcan, Andoria, and Tellar, or one or two whoeverelses they can come up with that won't compromise canon.  Hey... I'm no SFBer but I love SFC; I wouldn't mind seeing Mirak, Hydrans, ISC, Gorn (well, maybe too early for them), Lyrans.  I won't even mind if Enterprise incorporates _ _ _ _ _  photons... but only on the NX-01; I mean they've already got "phase cannons", and I HAVE SEEN POINT DEFENSE ON SOME ALIEN SHIP IN ONE OLD EPISODE!  And, we have MACOs on Starfleet ships, already doing beam in/out hit and runs!

I'd really get a kick if they feature a ship design by one of our modeling forum members!

... Uh, but then again, maybe we'll need to pop a game CD into our TVs just to catch the show!   :D

Offline Rat Boy

• Bringer of the Funk
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2004, 10:43:46 am »
Anyone notice T'Pau's sehlat call?  Anyone else recognize it from The Animated Series?

Ravok

« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2004, 12:19:45 pm »
Anyone notice T'Pau's sehlat call?  Anyone else recognize it from The Animated Series?

Are you serious? If thats the case thats outstanding!!!!  :)  Talk about continuity.

Offline Lepton

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2004, 05:54:07 pm »
I thought this episode was the worst of the three.  It seemed as if they were trying to wrap things up pretty quickly whereas the other two episodes had some nice pacing.  Tucker and Reed were totally unbelieveable as disagreeing senior officers regarding warning the Andorians.  That scene needed some motion in it.  Overall, this last episode seemed poorly directed, the dialogue stilted and choppy, and the scenes far too short.  However, these triology episodes I think are truely fantastic.

Nice resolution with the administrator in that last episode and it would seem to lead into future story line very well.  Lots of nice TOS references, especially those Vulcan weapons that were used in Spock's Pan Faer (?) episode.  I hate to say it but this seems like the best season so far considering the show's precarious position.

System Specs:

Dell Dimension E521
AMD64x2 5000+
2G DDR2 RAM
ATI Radeon HD 4850 512MB GDDR3
250GB SATA HD

Offline Rat Boy

• Bringer of the Funk
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2004, 02:40:45 pm »
I only just realized this, but did you notice that the Romulan at the end is the same guy as the head of the Vulcan commando team sent after Archer, T'Pol, and T'Pau?  That's why V'Las was so angry AT HIM in the caves; the Romulan was supposed to kill all of them to prevent them from returning the Kir'Shara to Shir'kahr.  Also, this opens up a very, very, very interesting issue.  The Romulan told T'Pol that they served together during the "Tomed campaign" (a nod to the Tomed Incident); just how long have the Romulans been infiltrating Vulcan?

Offline Alidar Jarok

• Commander
  • He Took My Sammich
« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2004, 06:39:17 pm »
I suppose he's the same guy, although it really is hard to tell (I figure they would have made it more obvious if they really wanted it to be the same person).
From Me to You - The Beatles

If there's anything that you want,
If there's anything i can do,
Just call on me and i'll send it along
With love from me to you.

Offline Rat Boy

• Bringer of the Funk
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2004, 06:57:19 pm »
I suppose he's the same guy, although it really is hard to tell.

Actually, if you compare them, the only real difference other than clothes is the forehead and the tone of voice.  The dialogue between them works completely if the Romulan is the Vulcan commando.  I found this comparison shot at the Trek BBS.

(I figure they would have made it more obvious if they really wanted it to be the same person).

But they also wanted to make it perfectly clear that he was Romulan.  Unfortunately, the only way to do that is the forehead.  The uniform alone would have been enough for me, but since not everyone has seen Nemesis...

Offline Lepton

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2004, 08:44:04 pm »
It was my impression that the other romulan was the person that was some sort of security chief who was the guy who actually took the bomb into the embassy. It was the person that was revealed in the mind meld with the Starfleet officer on duty at the embassy entrance.

If it was this other person that you suggest, then it certainly opens up a whole can of worms, but if it was the guy that I think it is, then it just reinforces the idea of certain upper ranks being compromised.  Either way, it's none to good for the Vulcans.

System Specs:

Dell Dimension E521
AMD64x2 5000+
2G DDR2 RAM
ATI Radeon HD 4850 512MB GDDR3
250GB SATA HD

Offline E_Look

• Grand High Scribe
  • Captain
« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2004, 09:43:51 pm »
It was hard for me to actually tell.  I'm going to watch what YOU guys think in the coming days... and then what Paramount thinks!

Offline GDA-S'Cipio

• Brucimus Maximus
  • Captain
  • If I took the bones out, it wouldn't be crunchy.
« Reply #59 on: December 06, 2004, 03:43:50 pm »
But they also wanted to make it perfectly clear that he was Romulan.  Unfortunately, the only way to do that is the forehead.  The uniform alone would have been enough for me, but since not everyone has seen Nemesis...

This uniform should have been sufficient to get the message across:

If not, just have the actor say something like, "Romulus is very displeased with your failure."

They only put the ridges on his forehead because they are all heretics.   :P

At least they didn't go with that whacked-out skintone from Nemesis

-S'Cipio the purist
"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on the objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents."  - James Madison (chief author of the Constitution)

-----------------------------------------
Gorn Dragon Alliance member
Gorn Dragon Templar
Coulda' used a little more cowbell
-----------------------------------------