Topic: Warming up the Forum for the Vulcan show tonight.  (Read 18557 times)

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
Warming up the Forum for the Vulcan show tonight.
« on: November 19, 2004, 03:16:05 pm »
With the Vulcan Civil war coming up, and the Bits and Pieces RatBoy has Given here, i'm looking forward to this arc. hehe, the Othernight, I dreamnt that Nimoy made a Guest appearance on the show.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Ravok

Re: Warming up the Forum for the Vulcan show tonight.
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2004, 03:27:49 pm »
With the Vulcan Civil war coming up, and the Bits and Pieces RatBoy has Given here, i'm looking forward to this arc. hehe, the Othernight, I dreamnt that Nimoy made a Guest appearance on the show.

Stephen

I have my DVR warmed up and ready to go. If they continue like they did in the last 3 shows we are in for a treat. :)

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2004, 08:04:36 pm »
Wow, That was a Great Episode, and It looks like It will just keep Getting better.

Sehlat's man. Sehlats in the show. that was Too cool. numerous Referances, letting us understand more about the Vulcans.

incredible IMHO.

stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Alidar Jarok

• Commander
  • He Took My Sammich
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2004, 08:09:30 pm »
Yeah, I enjoyed it.  I always have to wait for other people to point out references, but I did catch something about Surak and Mt. Seleya (the ship full of Zombie Vulcans in the Expanse was called the Seleya).

Also, Indian dude said some word in Vulcan that meant remember (Spock said remember to McCoy when he transfered his Katra).
From Me to You - The Beatles

If there's anything that you want,
If there's anything i can do,
Just call on me and i'll send it along
With love from me to you.

Ravok

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2004, 08:16:06 pm »
 I thought it was exelent! I hope they show a Lematya. And the first refrence to T`Pau.

Offline E_Look

• Grand High Scribe
  • Captain
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2004, 10:30:31 pm »
I always thought that High Command of theirs was a bit slimy.

Anybody dig that cool hologram graphic projected from the fake medallion?  I can almost see the princess flickering in it; too bad it was not a garage they were in.

Offline dragoon

• Lt.
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2004, 10:02:15 am »
You dreamt Nimoy made an appearence???
Wow, you are a Trek fan ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)
God said to the Welsh: 'I am going to give you this glorious land of lakes and mountains.' So where's the catch, asked the Welsh? 'Wait until you see the neighbours,' replied God.

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2004, 10:31:48 am »
snicker. I don't get much sleep so when I do, My dreams are crazy. I was just telling the wife , that I dreamnt that we where out in the Vegitable garden, talking with the Nieghbors, when a little Black boy came up, wanting to know If Denise was going to be Growing Ketchup again.

Crazy stuff.

Stephen

Offline Rat Boy

• Bringer of the Funk
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2004, 11:17:43 am »
I thought it was exelent! I hope they show a Lematya. And the first refrence to T`Pau.

That was actually a sehlat.  Gotta love the line of "Vulcan children never feed their pets late."

Also, did anyone catch the line from Arev about "those who walk under the raptor's wings?"  Gee, I wonder who he could have been talking about...

"Chaos Theory, Part II" now available.

Offline E_Look

• Grand High Scribe
  • Captain
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2004, 02:10:31 pm »
I'm clueless about the raptor wing ref...

Offline Alidar Jarok

• Commander
  • He Took My Sammich
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2004, 03:32:33 pm »
He was referring to a battle between Surak's followers of logic against some group (something about raptor wings).

It probably refers to those who did not believe in Surak's teachings and left the planet to become Romulans.
From Me to You - The Beatles

If there's anything that you want,
If there's anything i can do,
Just call on me and i'll send it along
With love from me to you.

Offline Mentat Jon

• Captain
  • Sending you to hell via drone alpha
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2004, 06:00:55 pm »
I watched " The Forge" is was good!!
"The great questions of the day will be decided not by speeches or majority votes ...but by blood and iron." - Prince Otto Von Bismarck.

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2004, 10:10:40 pm »
Jeez, I dont know if its just Coto's wiriting style or what, but I actually felt sorry for Soval. Throughout the first three seasons I fingered him as a Romulan agent...now... I really hope this High Command goes down and Soval remains at his post.
"Your mighty GDI forces have been emasculated, and you yourself are a killer of children.  Now of course it's not true.  But the world only believes what the media tells them to believe.  And I tell the media what to believe, its really quite simple." - Kane (Joe Kucan) Command & Conquer Tiberium Dawn (1995)

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2004, 10:40:06 pm »
I tell you what first got me into the show guys, It was the Classic TOS music at the very Beggining , you know the Little scene before they started the Opening Credits.

Stephen

Offline Rat Boy

• Bringer of the Funk
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2004, 12:16:27 am »
Jeez, I dont know if its just Coto's wiriting style or what,

Manny Coto didn't write "The Forge;" it was written by Judith and Garfield Reeves-Stevens, authors of the novels Prime Directive and Federation, and likely the envy of every employee at the Trek division of Pocket Books.

"Chaos Theory, Part II" now available.

Offline F9thDigi

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2004, 05:32:03 am »
Wow.  Just seen The Forge.  The writing in the fourth season is soooo much better than anything I can remember from the other 3.
I can't wait to see the rest!!!

Offline Grand Master of Shadows NCC37385

• Captain
  • 107th Confederate Militia! Sic Semper Tyrannis
    • Gun Kit Builders
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2004, 02:26:18 am »
Ok, does anyone here NOT think that Arev gave Archer his and Surak's katra? Funny though that in TOS the Vulcans use mind melds and such, but they are frowned upon during Archers era.

I have also wondered why the Romulans dont seem to use their "powers". From all the novels I have read, the early Vulcans used "psyonic" powers in combat. Remember the psyonic resonator in TNG?

I'm God's gift to women!

You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.-Robert A. Heinlein

Help control the idiot population. Have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Offline F9thDigi

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2004, 04:22:33 am »
Ok, does anyone here NOT think that Arev gave Archer his and Surak's katra? Funny though that in TOS the Vulcans use mind melds and such, but they are frowned upon during Archers era.

I have also wondered why the Romulans dont seem to use their "powers". From all the novels I have read, the early Vulcans used "psyonic" powers in combat. Remember the psyonic resonator in TNG?

I think he certainly gave him his own katra, and its possible he gave him or carried Suraks Katra.  Interesting though.  If the Vulcans there pass on katra's to one another its very Trill in a way, except for the worm!

Ravok

« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2004, 05:54:50 am »

I read in one of the books that the Romulans feared those with the abilitys so they eliminated them. ( You have to remember this was not too long after the era of the mind lords) So that is has been bred out, or dormant in their population.

Offline Grand Master of Shadows NCC37385

• Captain
  • 107th Confederate Militia! Sic Semper Tyrannis
    • Gun Kit Builders
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2004, 03:18:20 pm »

I read in one of the books that the Romulans feared those with the abilitys so they eliminated them. ( You have to remember this was not too long after the era of the mind lords) So that is has been bred out, or dormant in their population.

The reason for the exodus was because Surak taught "logic" only. He wanted to bring in an era of peace. It doesnt seem "logical" to me that the Romulans would eliminate those with powers. They were very warlike and those type of powers would have given them an advantage.

Just me thinking out loud...

I'm God's gift to women!

You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.-Robert A. Heinlein

Help control the idiot population. Have your liberal spayed or neutered!